Itronics ITB-500HD

I bought a ITB-500 from Apple-CT, and he would probably be able to sell you one if you contact him directly, not thru Ebay. I opened the plastic case on my original GPS unit and it stopped working. Apple-CT was able to get me a replacement unit no problem.

The argument people have against this unit is the recording rate, 15 FPS. But truly, that really isn't an issue. We aren't making movies, we are documenting damage for legal reasons, and 15 FPS is fine for that. Save on recording space too. I would say that the night time performance is mediocre, and license plates are usually just big white glowing squares. I have not owned a dashcam before, so I don't know how night performance is compared to others in similar lighting situations.

The cameras are small, and the light rings provide useful information about the status of the camera.
The audio on the cameras does suck though. Even speaking when the camera is only a few feet away, sounds distant and tinny. I know on other cameras, drilling the mic hole a little larger helps, but I won't be doing that. It also only records audio for the front camera.
The base unit is about the size of a CD case, but thicker. I got the GPS option, which is great. On the SD Itronics branded card that came with the unit, was the installer for their software, that runs in english for me.

You can download software for any Itronics camera at ipassblack.co.kr Click the 500HD picture, then the icon of the cdrom. The webpage is all in korean, but you can figure it out. I do plan on making a full review at some point.

Hi Alatteri

Thanks for your useful reply.
Indeed we aren't making movies so that's the reason why I also think that the 15fps isn't an big issue. For me it's important that I can leave my car and my camera will registrar any activity when i'm not around.

So, you get your ITB 500 via Apple CT. Can I ask how much money you paid?
Is the 536 dollar (incl. shipping to Belgium) to much?
Do you have any contacts of the Apple CT seller? I don't have an Ebay account...

You may also PM me for that infomation, and don't hesitate to make an full review of this camera. I really think it's doing his job good...

Thanks in advance!
Regards, Geoffrey

FPS are not so important, but quality of the recordings. Watch many videos on youtube from this camera before paying $500 for a dashcam. No matter the name is.

enjoy,
Mtz

Apple-CT said it was OK to give out his email. So here you go.

maestroct@gmail.com
"we have many DVR, itronics finevu blackvue etc"

I was probably the last person to be able to purchase Itronics stuff from him on eBay. I paid $455 US total for a ITB-500HD, 32 gig card, GPS option, and included EMS shipping. I think it was a good deal.

Ok, so after purchasing an ITB-500HD a while ago I decided to purchase another one for my wife's car. I had a hard time deciding between the new Urive MD-8000P and the less capable Itronics but in the end I made my choice.
Why the Itronics:
- the Urive is better only in therms of image quality (1080p for the front camera);
- the Itronics design is a classic DVR, not an entertainment dash cam;
- due to its design it's a bit harder to find by a burglar in case of a break-in;
- only the front camera is heavily exposed to strong sun light while the actual DVR will not take any of that heat.
- the frame exposure time is pretty good and offers a decent accuracy, so the higher frame rate and eventually higher resolution of the competitors may or may not be a real asset.

The crappy sound recording and the one second delay of the sound stream made my decision harder to take but in the end the functional features had higher priority.

1. Belgium is the country for logistics: from South Korea to Belgium (2 days) From Belgium airport to my private address (10 miles) 3 weeks. All credits for Belgium Customs!

2. When I opened the shippingbox: seal was broken... Material looking good, but where is my SD card? Did Apple CT forgot or was someone at Belgium Customs looking for a nice new SD card for his kid?

What should I do?

I don't think Apple Ct needs your card. If you didn't paid any tax, consider the customs use that card instead of taxing you.

enjoy,
Mtz

Customs charged me taxes and administration costs, so nothing give them the right to taking an SD card out of the box...

A120412 said:
1. Belgium is the country for logistics: from South Korea to Belgium (2 days) From Belgium airport to my private address (10 miles) 3 weeks. All credits for Belgium Customs!

2. When I opened the shippingbox: seal was broken... Material looking good, but where is my SD card? Did Apple CT forgot or was someone at Belgium Customs looking for a nice new SD card for his kid?

What should I do?

After some mails Apple-ct forgot to put an SD card in the box. Because I ordered my self an SD card from 32gb here in Belgium, apple-ct provided a solution to compensate the amount of the sd card and give me immediately a refund via paypall. Thanks apple-ct thats what I call great service!

hi, thank you.

we see :D

we hope, satisfaction.

thank you

Ok, I just received my second ITB-500HD from Apple-CT. This model came with an IR receiver, a remote control and a RCA video cable to plug it into an analogic screen (I think I could use the rear camera or TV input from my in-dash navigation for this). The player is also in english (wow!). The documentation is still in Korean though, even if there are very few aspects that may not be straight forward and need a bit of explanation it would have been nice to have an English documentation as well, it's something that can be translated by a single person in a few hours.

I think this DVR has the best layout possible for a surveillance and entertainment DVR. I wish they released a newer version with at least 20FPS recording for the front camera, or leave it to 15 but increase the resolution to 1080p and have better light compensation for hight recording. However, it's pretty good as is.

Mituc, please could you upload some user recorded videos of this new DVR ITB500HD. How is the video quality when compared to ITB100HD / ITB100HD-SP like?

I have a few videos but the quality of the ITB100 should be better (more FPS, 1080p instead of 720p). However, to me these DVRs are surveillance equipment not entertainment gadgets, so it's more important to have as much usable data as possible in case of an event rather than having pretty much the same data but just at a higher resolution. For me it's important to catch the license plate of some car that I need to report or the face of the villain who scratched my car or some car from in front/behind mine, catching bugs disintegrating on the windshield at high speeds is nice but not necessarily useful (it just increases the need for larger SD cards for now :) ). I think the only benefit I could use (and I'd really like) from 1080p and higher FPS is catching the license plate numbers from a higher distance when moving, and even when the image is almost static. For 6-7 meters when traveling with 50+Kmph is ok.

So here is a link with the player again:
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gd ... b05a1056fb
This is a free file sharing site so the file will be there 7 days starting from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch said:
On the rear DVR, it is difficult to view the car's license plate at night. It is a challenge to capture the car plate without capturing the headlights or any brightly reflected beams.

Yes, the rear window is tinted and dirty almost all the time (it gets dirty 30 minutes after washing the car - ****ty city, don't ask), so the other cars need to be really close to get a reading of the license plate. During the day it's acceptable though.

Hello Guys

Finally found the time to install my new ITB 500 HD.
Movies looking great and the quality is really good for surveillance purpose.

The idea is to film the both sides of the car, mostly to registrate cars that have been parked next to my car and thinking that they have enough room to open there door all the way... Also a few months ago I had to deal with some vandalism, scratches all over de side of the car and this was the main trigger to become an owner of a dash cam.

I had some work to install the wires under the dash and the floor but the result become nice. The two camera's sitting to the left en right side of the dashboard, with a little angle filming to the back of my car it registrate everything that happens to the side of the car. The blackbox unit is sitting in the dashlocker, power coming from a fuse next to the battery (in my car, the battery is sitting under de passengers feet).

A few pictures:

IMG_3033.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

IMG_3029.jpeg

IMG_3034.jpeg

IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3036.jpeg

In the next week I will also upload some video's to show how it films in this position.
I also considering to order a second ITB 500 for the front and back of the car.

I hope that my cars battery can deliver the consumption (also from two units) because sometimes, if my car is not running for two days the cam shuts down and the battery prevention led will blink. I think when my car is in the garage, the best is to shut the cam manually off...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Itronics 2
B Itronics 1
J Itronics 11
Vortex Radar Itronics 22
DashCamMan Itronics 4
Back