Mobius ActionCam Available

xreyuk said:
That's what is says in the RCGroups thread Niko (regarding Lens + CMOS price)

My point is that for this price I am afraid quality is not that great, but it's early to speculate. Lett's wait and see what they will bring.

niko said:
Try to drill few holes on each side to create air free flow.
Best is to drill smaller holes on one side and slightly bigger holes on the other side, - this will create a mini-suction effect and for sure will help to cool down a CPU.

I'm so happy with the mobius but it's getting too hot I don't think the electronic parts will survive the extreme heat on longer drives :(

How would you drill the holes? Maybe someone can paint it into the picture:

Overheatingproblem.jpg

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/5xzx4i1k/Overheatingproblem.jpg

The bottom part smaller holes positioning looks fine. Top part of the case I would drill bigger holes on the upper ( front ) part of the case. Hope you know what i mean.
Of course first need to open body, dis-assemble from motherboard and to drill both body parts separately.

I have added a DIY project ideas for Mobius mounted in the rear centre brake light.
You may see it here:
Mobius DIY built-in into rear centre brake light

That's a fantastic idea to mount it. I will try to build it in the same was as you.

What do you do against the overheating?

And another questions to eveery monius user here about the mobius configuration. Because mind doesn't switch of after shutting thr engine down??

Or is it just recording a few more minutes???

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fantastic idea to mount it. I will try to build it in the same was as you.

What do you do against the overheating?

And another questions to eveery monius user here about the mobius configuration. Because mind doesn't switch of after shutting thr engine down??

Or is it just recording a few more minutes???

Mine does not overheat. The radiators of mobius are hot, but it does not affect performance, at least till now everything runs smoothly.
Have you checked if in the menu settings you have auto start / stop recording selected ?
As I remember, it stops recording about 10sec after ignition is switched off ( I might be wrong about exact length of the shoot down time, but it's not that long )

My Mobius configured to auto start/stop. It records for about 10-15 seconds and shuts off.

Back