Powerucc Panorama2

BTW: German customs "got" me as well. So i would have been a lot better off buying it from Ireland.
And this is what i recommend for "bundling memory cards onto camers": Don't do it, at least not if you are ordering from germany, since there might be some enormous extra taxes just on the card, because the "system" has such capacity (or whatsoever, i do not understand...)
I assume you mean ordering it to Ireland when you are there. Or is there somebody selling them from Ireland? I think it was only a link to ebay.ie, but the cam would still come from Asia (HK or Korea). As you might already know, as long as you stay below 150 EUR, you will only have to pay 19% of tax.

BTW: This is what i call pitch black: (THIS F****ING NEW BOARD! it consequently rematches to "youtube" and kills the time index. i can't link to video positions... go to 8m39s yourself!)

I have placed and order with shpkorea on eBay, I went for the standard bundle since I already have a 32Gb SD-card. I will use this in the front and put the Vico TF2+ in the rear, since I think the Panorama2 has better quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best firmware to get for my Panorama2? I noticed there are BETA's around...

BTW: This is what i call pitch black: (THIS F****ING NEW BOARD! it consequently rematches to "youtube" and kills the time index. i can't link to video positions... go to 8m39s yourself!)

No doubt Sony Effio series CMOS is far much better than Sony Exmor, but there is a "catch at the moment", - resolution and price.
I can line up as: Sony Exmor, Sony Exmor R, ...... then at the very top ( high-end ) is Sony Effio P / S / V / A - series.

Only Effio-P ( ver.2 ) and Effio-V has WDR.

The are few "problems" on the present Effio series:

- has only 0.5 Mpix CMOS, which is NO good for dash cam world.
- 960H / 760H resolution
- total nubmer of pixels 480K-570K

Price for Effio-P ver2 CMOS board only is about 50usd, - this is for 0.5Mpix !!!
Try to imagine what price will be when Sony develops 2Mpix cmos Effio-P that needed for 1080p !!??? , - I guess that CMOS alone would cost around 200usd ! If adding all other dash cam components, we will be looking at around 500usd dash camera I guess.

Anyway, Effio-P for dash cams will not be in near 2 years. Until then we have to chose within models what we have out now.

What is the best firmware to get for my Panorama2? I noticed there are BETA's around...

I see from powerucc website that both Beta firmware downloade links are not active. I guess they do not share them at the moment. Maybe because they are Beta versions and need some tuning, which is normal for any beta firmware.
Best at the moment is 1.08.03 or 1.08.05. Doesn't matter which you get. You can always upgrade from 1.08.03 to 1.08.05

I see from powerucc website that both Beta firmware downloade links are not active. I guess they do not share them at the moment. Maybe because they are Beta versions and need some tuning, which is normal for any beta firmware.
Best at the moment is 1.08.03 or 1.08.05. Doesn't matter which you get. You can always upgrade from 1.08.03 to 1.08.05

Thanks niko

Do I just place the file on the root of my sdcard and power the camera on to update the firmware?

Yes, copy into memory card root, BUT there is a specific procedure how to power ON dash camera.
NEVER UPGRADE USING 5v miniusb port on top of dash camera.
USE ONLY 12v socket on the side of dash cam to connect to car cigarette lighter charger.
Otherwise you brick your device ( I bricked one doing wrong way ).

here is video how to do step by step firmware update

Ok, thanks for the video. It looks like he pressed the middle button the far right at the same time as the top silver button.

Ok, thanks for the video. It looks like he pressed the middle button the far right at the same time as the top silver button.

Step-by-step instruction on how to upgrade firmware on Panorama2

1. format sd card in your PC
2. download new firmware to sd card root ( do not put it inside dash cam yet ).
3. go to your car
4. connect Panorama2 IN-CAR via supplied 12v cigarette charger

NEVER UPGRADE USING 5v miniusb port on top of dash camera as a power supply source.
USE ONLY 12v socket on the side of dash cam to connect to car cigarette lighter charger.

5. switch on car ignition ( ACC ), - dash camera powers on, but will not be recording because there are no sd card inserted.
6. switch off dash camera by pressing power-off button on top. Do not switch off car ignition ( ACC )
7. after dash camera switched off, insert memory card with new firmware on it.
8. press and hold "menu" button
9. when holding down "menu" button press "power-on" button on top ( still holding down "menu button" )
10. hold down "menu button" for 3-4 sec after Panorama2 power on and you see firmware download / upgrade "bar" activated and starts "runing", then release "menu" button.
11. wait till upgrade is finished. Do not touch anything on dash camera, or do not switch off an ignition during upgrading process, - otherwise you will brick device.
12. after firmware upgrade finished, device screen goes "black" ( switches off ), - thats means upgrade is done.

Now you can power on dash camera and change menu interface to English language, because after upgrade its Korean language by default.

That's it, done.

Last edited:
Step-by-step instruction on how to upgrade firmware on Panorama2

1. format sd card in your PC
2. download new firmware to sd card root ( do not put it inside dash cam yet ).
3. go to your car
4. connect Panorama2 IN-CAR via supplied 12v cigarette charger

NEVER UPGRADE USING 5v miniusb port on top of dash camera as a power supply source.

5. switch on car ignition ( ACC ), - dash camera powers on, but will not be recording because there are no sd card inserted.
6. switch off dash camera by pressing power-off button on top. Do not switch off car ignition ( ACC )
7. after dash camera switched off, insert memory card with new firmware on it.
8. press and hold "menu" button
9. when holding down "menu" button press "power-on" button on top ( still holding down "menu button" )
10. hold down "menu button" for 3-4 sec after Panorama2 power on and you see firmware download / upgrade "bar" activated and starts "runing", then release "menu" button.
11. wait till upgrade is finished. Do not touch anything on dash camera, or do not switch off an ignition during upgrading process, - otherwise you will brick device.
12. after firmware upgrade finished, device screen goes "black" ( switches off ), - thats means upgrade is done.

Now you can power on dash camera and change menu interface to English language, because after upgrade its Korean language by default.

That's it, done.

Awesome!!! Thanks Niko - really appreciate that. Do you think this camera has better video quality that TF2+?

Awesome!!! Thanks Niko - really appreciate that. Do you think this camera has better video quality that TF2+?

It will be unfair from me or anybody else to fully judge any dash cams without real life side by side test.
From my long experience i can say that all well built Korean dash cams which using Sony Exmor cmos they all had better video quality than same class rivals.
Vico is strong quality brand with tf2 having good specs, wdr, etc., but I am "afraid" sony exmor sensor is better than the one on tf2. But of course i can not fully judge untill tested side by side.
For example I can even assume that after Lukas 7900 upgraded to 12mbps bit rate it also will have same good video as Panorama2. From point of view performance and delivering a good video quality they will be the same. The question stands about value for money.
Lukas is much more expencive, dont have lcd screen, has battery instead of capacitor, but can run 128gb card and for extra money soon obd2 device available.
Panorama2 beats other sony exmor competitors wich maybe the same good video quality, but it has touch screen, capacitor, choice of using 12v or 5v, wide angle lens 154degree with clear focused readings on sides, very quick start-recording ( approx 3-4sec when warm, or 5-6 sec from cold ), same time for gps lock. One of the most sensitive motion detection recordings. High quality built with cpu board and cmos sensor shielded from electromagnetic field. Stable firmware, after half year use mine never crashed except when I first time did wrong way firmware upgrade at home using 5v microusb port to power up insread of 12v in car power. This was purely my own mistake, thats why I highlighted in red warning above how not to do :).
If taking into consideration all pros / cons vs relatively bargain price, then at the moment I dont know any other better dash cam.

Is this Powerucc Panorama really so much better than this?

Our own designed dashcam available in October, with the same videoquality as the Vico TF2+ and with more options than Vico has, like GPS, LDWS, FCWS, Stop & Go etc.
This dashcam has an explosionfree Li-Ion battery with high and low temperature resistance and can be also used in these situations:

Not necessairy, but nice to play with....

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately their is no simple way to embed the youtube time index. The board extracts just the youtube id from the link. One option is to use the "Code" button and paste the url in there. It won't embed the youtube video but the full url is maintained. The user will need to copy and paste the url or select the url, right click and open the site.

Here is an example...

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1U0ECn4mY#t=8m39s

Another option is to use the plain tags....

[PLAIN]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1U0ECn4mY#t=8m39s[/PLAIN].

This will result in the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1U0ECn4mY#t=8m39s

Is this Powerucc Panorama really so much better than this?

Our own designed dashcam available in October, with the same videoquality as the Vico TF2+ and with more options than Vico has, like GPS, LDWS, FCWS, Stop & Go etc.
This dashcam has an explosionfree Li-Ion battery with high and low temperature resistance and can be also used in these situations:

Not necessairy, but nice to play with....

PRICE vs value for money, taken into consideration form factor + video / built quality + options / specifications, - I don't know any other better dash camera out there at the moment.

Of course not you, not me can not judge and compare to yours or any others UPCOMING models. This would be wrong speculation. Even if there will be "soon" some other dash cams out there to match or beat specs on a paper, even then nobody can judge two products unless they are put on the test face to face. Hope you you see my point and agree with me on this.
Vacron / Fugo products has good reputation on Russian and Taiwan market, but only real life tests vs other dash cams can provide true info on product.
I will be looking forward when your customized ( specially ordered ) dash cam comes out. And if you want to provide me a sample to do full real life tests vs other similar class dash cams I have in hand, I will do it with big enthusiast.

PRICE vs value for money, taken into consideration form factor + video / built quality + options / specifications, - I don't know any other better dash camera out there at the moment.

Of course not you, not me can not judge and compare to yours or any others UPCOMING models. This would be wrong speculation. Even if there will be "soon" some other dash cams out there to match or beat specs on a paper, even then nobody can judge two products unless they are put on the test face to face. Hope you you see my point and agree with me on this.
Vacron / Fugo products has good reputation on Russian and Taiwan market, but only real life tests vs other dash cams can provide true info on product.
I will be looking forward when your customized ( specially ordered ) dash cam comes out. And if you want to provide me a sample to do full real life tests vs other similar class dash cams I have in hand, I will do it with big enthusiast.

Thank you for your quick and nice realistic reply!

You must understand, we're a relatively small retailer, that luckely got the opportunity to represent two very good dashcam brands.
These brands are, as you already mentioned, Vacron, which is indeed a (very) good reviewed Taiwanese brand, as can been found in the US (for instance on Amazon.com) and under the brand name Fuho Avita in Russia.
This was untill now not represented in West Europe yet.

The other brand, that we announce as "our brand DJE', is from a Taiwanese manufacturer, that we can't mention, because they make dashcams for some famous Taiwanese brands....
From this manufacturer we could get our own designed model, based on a very wellknown model, but added with extra features. We're very happy with it and that we have this chance to offer these dashcams from these brands.
It would be nice if our "own" brand model DJE-55GPS Dashcams could be tested when we receive the final delivery in october. (We had some other designed models with the same specs, that we could test. See the testvideos.)
For insiders it's clear from which brand it has about the same specs...

If we have the finished models, we could discuss with you the possibility to test the dashcam. DJE-55GPS.jpg

Last edited:

I just brought your problem to the attention of DashCamMan. He's still fine tuning the site.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....e-growing-pains-good-bad-feedback.2511/page-2

He's knocked out quite a few things so far. (see page one of the thread linked above)

Here's what's up:
"Youtube time linking does not appear to be possible due to the way the board extracts the youtube id from a URL posted. The best solution is to click on the "Code button" and insert the Youtube URL in that. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back