BlackVue C App for the Cloud

plasmo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the DR650gw-2CH and installed with the latest update 2.001.
Everything works, but I cannot seem to figure out how to use the Cloud portion of the app (BlackVue C on iOS).
The dashcam appears to be registered (I scanned the square code on the device) and the device appears in the app, but cannot access the camera or the cloud.

Is there anything else that needs to done? thanks.

No I couldn't get it working either. I have registered the camera - and can see it in the App - but thats about all I can do with it.

When I look at the GPS location it says the Camera is currently in Korea!!!

yep.

I tried one last time with the iPhone Cloud app, and the problem is that it won't allow the camera to link up to a wifi hotspot (there is no option in the iOS version i think...only Android).

Therefore, the camera cannot get linked up to a wifi hotspot and the Cloud functionality doesn't work.

That's too bad because the only thing I think the Cloud would be helpful would be to push event notifications to alert me on my smartphone (eg. someone bumps the car during parking mode).

I'm probably going to roll back to 1.009.

I think the "cloud" is a feature that the developers thought cute but has little practical value. To me they (the developers) would have been far wiser to extend the WiFi feature to include any WiFi hot spot so you can access it with your laptop.. and then view ALL the features on a decent sized screen.

I think the "cloud" is a feature that the developers thought cute but has little practical value. To me they (the developers) would have been far wiser to extend the WiFi feature to include any WiFi hot spot so you can access it with your laptop.. and then view ALL the features on a decent sized screen.

I sort of agree - though now they've done 90% of the work it would be good if they could perfect the rest.

However for me it would be MUCH more useful if I could sit in the house (my MacBook Pro can "see" the DG650 wi-fi signal from 50 metres away!) - and somehow get the "Mac Viewer" to open all the feels the way that the iPhone App can - and view the ones I want on a big screen........surely they must be able to sort this out??

yep.

I tried one last time with the iPhone Cloud app, and the problem is that it won't allow the camera to link up to a wifi hotspot (there is no option in the iOS version i think...only Android).

Therefore, the camera cannot get linked up to a wifi hotspot and the Cloud functionality doesn't work.

That's too bad because the only thing I think the Cloud would be helpful would be to push event notifications to alert me on my smartphone (eg. someone bumps the car during parking mode).

I'm probably going to roll back to 1.009.

Yeah - I'm running the BlackVue "C" App on iPhone - in the "Camera Settings" part of the firmware set up - there is the option to enable the Cloud feature and it gives a box to select an SSID etc - so I tried to connect it to my home wi-fi signal - which gets ample signal outside to the car - but it simply won't connect for some reason - despite the password being correct.....

Yeah - I'm running the BlackVue "C" App on iPhone - in the "Camera Settings" part of the firmware set up - there is the option to enable the Cloud feature and it gives a box to select an SSID etc - so I tried to connect it to my home wi-fi signal - which gets ample signal outside to the car - but it simply won't connect for some reason - despite the password being correct.....

Same here. I think the cloud function doesn't work with iOS yet. (probably why the only videos I have seen demonstrating the Cloud functions have been on Android)

I rolled back to 1.009, which allows the original BlackVue app to work. Interestingly, the newer BlackVue C app works as well (obviously without cloud function, but we never had this anyway).

Although the original App allows you to filter out the Parking events vs normal easily with the tabs, I did notice that the new C App transfers wifi data faster (or seems to) to the phone.
I also like the way the new app shows the google map separately during playback of video, instead of PIP in the old map.
The old app video playback only plays in landscape mode, but the playback resolution seemed better than the videos on the New app.

Same here. I think the cloud function doesn't work with iOS yet. (probably why the only videos I have seen demonstrating the Cloud functions have been on Android)

I rolled back to 1.009, which allows the original BlackVue app to work. Interestingly, the newer BlackVue C app works as well (obviously without cloud function, but we never had this anyway).

Although the original App allows you to filter out the Parking events vs normal easily with the tabs, I did notice that the new C App transfers wifi data faster (or seems to) to the phone.
I also like the way the new app shows the google map separately during playback of video, instead of PIP in the old map.
The old app video playback only plays in landscape mode, but the playback resolution seemed better than the videos on the New app.

Hey, new member here. Bought and installed the BV DR650GW-2CH along with the PMP (actually ended up with a dual one, which is nice!). Been looking at these forums to help set up my BV on the cloud. Didn't have the QR code, but sent an email to Pitasoft and got my cloud security code that way.

I noticed i wasn't able to set up the Dashcam to access my home WiFi, as I couldn't find the option in the firmware settings (dealmaker, I believe the SSID setting you are referring to is the cameras own internal WiFi access), and this was just because its not available on the iOS app (as plasmo points out, mostly demonstrated on Android devices). However, recently came across this video from BV and you can clearly see on the video, the chap uses his iPhone to access the cloud settings and connect his camera to his home WiFi....I simply don't have the cloud settings he has, but have everything else (motion/g-sensor settings, etc.).

(At the 5:00 minute mark)

How could it be that it is on one version of the iOS app, but not on others? I have the latest app version (v1.022) and latest firmware (v2.001) on the camera. There appears to be other subtle differences on the firmware settings menu that leads me to believe that this is running a different version of the app?

Answered my own question....I just needed to delete and re-install the BV-C app and the cloud settings magically appeared in the firmware settings. All up and running now and works pretty nicely!

Had some issues with the camera continually disconnecting and connecting to my WiFi, but I am in a second floor flat, so signal can't be that great. In any case, hasn't done it since last night so seems to be fine.

Back