Has anyone got a new X5 and the DR550GW. If so I need a pic of your install

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
Right Sold my camera Guy says he has not opened the packet yet. hes had it since the 19th of July he bought it the 18th of july.

He says in his email can he have a refund as he does not think it will fit in the X5 he has because it will need to be in the middle of the screen, and very intrusive.

Can anyone with an X5 please show me what it looks like installed so I can send him the picture. Personally I think hes looked and found out he can get it new cheaper.

So I could do with a outside and inside shot of the screen and drivers view in a BMW X5 UK spec. I am afraid I don't know what year. Hes not getting a refund it clearly stated in the returns section that I would not accept returns as this was a private sale.

If you run this page through Google Translate there are pics in a couple of X5s:

http://mak-studia.ru/nashi-raboty/vnutrenniy-tyuning/skrytaya-ustanovka-videoregistratora

You may be on sticky ground with eBay though - they almost always favour the buyer so you may have to take it back for a refund if he logs a case with Paypal - I know a lot of people who have had their fingers burnt lately on there like this where the buyer has changed their mind.

The auction does say that the purchase can be cancelled within 14 days though and that the buyer pays return postage? Sorry it's not what you want to hear but in this instance I think you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
does he mean because of the windshield wipers? my civic's windshield wipers dont reach up to the rear view mirror so when its raining there are rain drops infront of my main camera which is the same camera you are talking about.

i recently installed a mount on my dash for bad weather for me to place a camera in the wiper range.

If you run this page through Google Translate there are pics in a couple of X5s:

http://mak-studia.ru/nashi-raboty/vnutrenniy-tyuning/skrytaya-ustanovka-videoregistratora

You may be on sticky ground with eBay though - they almost always favour the buyer so you may have to take it back for a refund if he logs a case with Paypal - I know a lot of people who have had their fingers burnt lately on there like this where the buyer has changed their mind.

The auction does say that the purchase can be cancelled within 14 days though and that the buyer pays return postage? Sorry it's not what you want to hear but in this instance I think you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I can see your point but the money has gone I cant afford to send it back, I have paid for my 5 year old sons birthday present a holiday camping in the lakes. He contacted me first 13 days after the sale took place.

Heres what he has sent.

"Dear falcon_11,

Hi, I have received this item next day after you shipped it, I still haven't opened it from the pack yet. I was planning installation on my X5 but looking at size and structure of camera (from the packaging without opening it) I doubt this will fit unless fitted in the middle of the windshield which will be quite intrusive. I wonder since I haven't even opened the package can I return it? Ofcourse I will pay for both side postage.

I know its quite a waste of time (and money on my side aswell) for both the parties but will appreciate if I can return it as per ebay terms where I find product not fit for "my" purpose. I don't want to ruin the looks of my new X5 and possible attract window smash-and-grab criminals.

I will have to keep hunting for a small camera while I compromise on the functionality (gps, wifi etc)

Hope you understand my situation."

However his earlier email said.

"Dear falcon_11,

Hi m8 I was wondering if you can give me some money off if I didn't take 32 gb and 16GB microsd card. I plan to use from my existing blackvue camera which is exactly the same one."

This means he knows exactly what size camera it is as he has admitted he already owns exactly the same one.

I think I know where the problem is I only paid £299 for the dash camera plus postage when they were retailing for £350-£390, he has paid £300. I got it on special offer as I am a good bargain hunter. That is why I was shocked when the price reached more than I paid. He has searched for the blackvue and realised he can get it cheaper new. I am going to fight this but I am away on holiday in the lakes and am worried that with the poor signal I am going to miss any emails that are sent through ebay or paypal.
is he planning on sending you back a faulty camera maybe, sounds odd to say the least

Mate I totally side with you but this is one of the reasons I try and sell things to mates or give them away as eBay is a pain in the arse for selling.

You'll both play email ping pong, a case will get lodged with eBay from his end, they'll stroke their beards, recommend you refund and then it will go to PayPal (eBay again) who will just give him his money back if he sends it back recorded delivery and you'll have an account sat in negative funds.

The site is totally loaded in the buyers favour - even in situations where the seller is totally honest, and is why a lot of people are not using it so much now as they're being left out of pocket.

He's going to return it so get him to do it while it's unopened so it's fit for resale again - you hear of too many stories where stuff is returned in a bad state and at least this isn't one of those.

personally i wouldnt give him a refund, if your auction said no refunds you DONT have to be a nice guy.

if you do, make absolute sure to get it back and test it out before refunding him.

The auction says the item can be cancelled within 14 days and returned at the buyers expense though

I hope it works out for you mate, my mates have been burnt with this sort of thing recently. Just keep a close eye on your email in case a case is lodged!

I think I know where the problem is I only paid £299 for the dash camera plus postage when they were retailing for £350-£390, he has paid £300. I got it on special offer as I am a good bargain hunter. That is why I was shocked when the price reached more than I paid. He has searched for the blackvue and realised he can get it cheaper new. I am going to fight this but I am away on holiday in the lakes and am worried that with the poor signal I am going to miss any emails that are sent through ebay or paypal.

In your conditions of sale setting there is provision to tick "Returns not accepted"

I always have that included in my ads.

Stops this sort of thing dead.

I also restrict the areas I will sell to, to stop the African scammers who want you to accept an over payment and refund the difference.

A few years ago I got so many I put this at the bottom of my ads.

"I don't care if the person you are buying the "gift" for is dead I wont sell to you so don't bother asking"

Back