DR650GW-2CH

Hi, I have iTronic itb-100 and I just upgrade to this Blackvue Dr650GW. Two issue face and very disappointed.

1. The quality is quite bad as compare to my previous iTronic ITB-100. I cannot see the car license plate. Very blurry.

2. I bought the recommended Samsung Evo Class 10 MicroSD card and it fail to detect it. I bought the one exactly the same as this.

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/product/s...r-dr750lw-2ch-dr650gw-2ch-and-dr600gw-camera/

No matter how I use the SD Card formatter download at Pittasoft and firmware use. All ways cannot detect the card.

Hi, I have iTronic itb-100 and I just upgrade to this Blackvue Dr650GW. Two issue face and very disappointed.

1. The quality is quite bad as compare to my previous iTronic ITB-100. I cannot see the car license plate. Very blurry.

2. I bought the recommended Samsung Evo Class 10 MicroSD card and it fail to detect it. I bought the one exactly the same as this.

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/product/s...r-dr750lw-2ch-dr650gw-2ch-and-dr600gw-camera/

No matter how I use the SD Card formatter download at Pittasoft and firmware use. All ways cannot detect the card.

I think you have a faulty unit. We have tested DR650GW vs ITB100 here and the DR650 has a much better clarity due to higher bitrate and SONY sensor.

Please take back to your local supplier for a replacement.

Hi, I manage to get the 64 Gb card running, as my local supplier help me to do it. However, he change a new set for me and the quality is same. Not that good.
As screenshot attached, I could not see the license number from the van next to me. The rear camera is good though.

Attachments

• Blackvue DR650GW Screenshot.png
    Blackvue DR650GW Screenshot.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
From your screenshot it looks as though the focal length is incorrectly set, the focal point is far closer than it should be

One more issue on the rear camera. Whenever I do a setting and save, it will prompt to restart Blackvue. Using phone to Live view rear camera will see all purplish image.
You need to restart again to resolve the issue. My first set doesn't seem to have this issue. Luckily I allow it to run 24hr. If not, every car start (with Blackvue power on) may tend to have full purplish rear image.

Attachments

• Rear Purplish.PNG
    Rear Purplish.PNG
    898.1 KB · Views: 21
Both set that I have exhibit this focal issue.

This morning my Blackvue DR650GW hang. Need to restart.
By the way, when disable Security LED on Parking mode, will the rear camera light lighted up?
I remember my previous set will not light up. However, this set will light up. No issue on front camera.
One more thing, when set HD@30 + HD@30, the video quality for the front camera will be slightly jerky while playback. If switch back to FHD@30 + HD@30, no issue.

Below are the night image. The darkest one is from Blackvue DR650GW and then brighter picture is from my iphone 5.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 45
Thinking of ordering this. Any advice from anyone that owns one? I need a 2CH camera

Thats strange, it works for me. The link is to my post (Post #33) on Page 2 of this thread.

Oh I've read that, still can't make up my mind on whether or not to order it. This would be my first dashcam

In my opinion Blackvue is a good overall package with average picture quality but balanced by good features and software support.

One more day for the new firmware..cheers!

Back