niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Last edited by a moderator:
Without looking at the raw files, what is the real world implications of changing the bitrate? Does the file size increase? Does the camera operate warmer?

Without looking at the raw files, what is the real world implications of changing the bitrate? Does the file size increase? Does the camera operate warmer?

Almost all answers you will find HERE.
With 12mbps bit-rate, CPU gets "hot" +40C.
Within almost 2 weeks of test-drive at 21mbps I didn't feel any major heat changes, but it was just simple touch-and-feel experience, but there was not issues. I did not made any laboratory-type tests.
For exact temperature measurements of CPU if using 15, 18, 21mbps, - need to ask @Sungmoon Jang

Niko, does this version have the calibrated g-sensor fix? Current I am running the 21Mbps code for the other thread, I really like the way the g-sensor behaves now. I'd like to switch to the 18Mbps bitrate but don't want to take step backward in functionality. Thanks!

Myself run 15mbps from new FW series and didnt had problemd with g-sensor. But best if you try yourself and decide what is best 4u.

Not sure I understand why they didn't just do one firmware with selectable bitrate as a menu option

As I understand, re-programming of whole GUI will take more resourses than making a separate new selectable FW.
Maybe, in future "they" will do this, which will be userfriedly.

I'm grateful for so many firmware updates but have to agree - since the device has such a fancy touchscreen LCD, one would think the menu system would be rich with options :)

I have a simple request. Would it be possible to post the MD5 of the firmware so we can check the hash to verify a good download was received? No worries if it's not possible, but it might save someone from bricking their unit if there can check the hash after download and perhaps when it's on the SDCard.

Hashcalc is a great app for doing this in Windows, or using the "md5" or "md5sum" command on Linux/Mac.

If on a Mac, the GUI applications, Hash-Drop is also good.

Thanks!

I've been testing the 18Mbps, I like the video quality, but the G-Sensor isn't as good as the other firmware release. Any chance there will be an 18M version with the updated (read: less sensitive) G-Sensor? Please!!!! :)

Sample Video of 18M:
Shock sensor goes off for no reason, even light bumps on the freeway. Keep in mind it's a Hilux so it is bumpy, but the 21M firmware I was using was way better.

I've been testing the 18Mbps, I like the video quality, but the G-Sensor isn't as good as the other firmware release. Any chance there will be an 18M version with the updated (read: less sensitive) G-Sensor? Please!!!! :)

Sample Video of 18M:
Shock sensor goes off for no reason, even light bumps on the freeway. Keep in mind it's a Hilux so it is bumpy, but the 21M firmware I was using was way better.

12, 15, 21Mbps bit-rate calibrated g-sensor FW

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/calibrated-g-sensor-firmware-12-15-21mbps-bit-rate.4651/

OK. I was hoping there would be an 18M w/ the calibrated G-Sensor. Looks like I'll have to move to the 15M firmware to stop recording innocuous events. Please let me know if there will be an 18M version w/ the calibrated G-Sensor, that would be perfect. Thanks!

18mbps need to wait answer from @Sungmoon Jang

HI,
I am trying to improve the picture quality. Just increse bit rate is easy. But I hope to make more good quality picture. So just wait a little bit.
Next week. I will show the new firmware.

Is there another source for downloading? either Mega is not working, or the inks are dead?

Thanks!

Mega seems to be slow at the moment for me as well. Try again later on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J II / S 4
niko II / S 37
Back