2 camera/DVR options - other systems similar to ITB-500HD

swamper8

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
I've spent a few days looking for a system which has two independent cameras and a centralized DVR. I finally found what I want in the ITRONICS ITB-500HD. This setup is more than I want to spend however. I'm hoping there are some other setups similar to this? Front and rear cameras (no built in processing/GPS/LCD screens etc) and a hide-away DVR. I would just like to view the video on a android smart phone, no fancy features are necessary. (3G/G-sensors etc) I'd like to spend maybe $200-300? This setup will just be for monitoring other stupid people/drivers, not for track day or anything. (middle of the road video quality is fine)

Hello all,
I've spent a few days looking for a system which has two independent cameras and a centralized DVR. I finally found what I want in the ITRONICS ITB-500HD. This setup is more than I want to spend however. I'm hoping there are some other setups similar to this? Front and rear cameras (no built in processing/GPS/LCD screens etc) and a hide-away DVR. I would just like to view the video on a android smart phone, no fancy features are necessary. (3G/G-sensors etc) I'd like to spend maybe $200-300? This setup will just be for monitoring other stupid people/drivers, not for track day or anything. (middle of the road video quality is fine)

ITB-500HD is nice solution, but only 720p with low bit-rate. Also I am personally not supporter of mounting cameras vertically like they did, - dont know why they chose such solution. Better would be horizontally mounted solution.

My personal best design I have bought over 2y ago is iCaro B4 I posted pictures from my car HERE and HERE.

From point of view of design and solution I also like this one HERE

Of course those systems are low resolution cameras. Just wanted to show you my concept of what I am personally looking for. It's looks like you want something similar.

I have mentioned many times for manufacturers about need of such systems. Hope soon they will be out.

There is one system in your budget and I wrote about it HERE

For that price I think it's OK, however nobody from forum has tested it yet. If you want to be the first one to test, - let me know. I can help you to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for your reply. I will go through each of your links and study them. I'm not big on the one in your first link (center mount with four cameras in one unit) I was thinking of just going with two Mobius units and calling it a day. My phone is capable of OTG so I should be able to plug in/download the video from each CAM should I need to. A tad clunky but we'll see. The iCaro B4 is sweet! (but expensive)

My personal best design I have bought over 2y ago is iCaro B4 I posted pictures from my car HERE
Under the first seller link for eStore it says
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken." Never seen that written before

Under the first seller link for eStore it says
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken." Never seen that written before

which exact listing or which of my post you referring?

which exact listing or which of my post you referring?
Bottom of your first post here
Listing here
The VACRON MD657 sold by eStore009
Just never herd that given as a reason to end a listing on eBay before

Bottom of your first post here
Listing here
The VACRON MD657 sold by eStore009
Just never herd that given as a reason to end a listing on eBay before

If you familiar with eBay, then when seller want to close / remove listing, he has to chose some "explanation" ( reason ) why he removes listing. Seller there chosen tnat reason, however best would be just to chose "no longer available">
I still can see he sells Vacron products:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...RC0.H0.Xvacron&_nkw=vacron&_sacat=0&_from=R40

and VACRON MD657 is als othere:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281228925381

Back