Albatross II vs Mobius A & B lens vs DOD LS300W Rainy Night

GJHS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius A & C, SJ4000, M10, Mini 0806, Innovv C3,4, Xiaomi Yi
Niko, I'm curious which AOV you are using on the B Lens Mobius. I'm am trying to decide on A vs B and find the large/wide B setting too wide. I would easily choose A except the night time advantage of the B

Niko, I'm curious which AOV you are using on the B Lens Mobius. I'm am trying to decide on A vs B and find the large/wide B setting too wide. I would easily choose A except the night time advantage of the B

I am using Large AOV on both

Does the night performance change with the small AOV? Overall is the B lens better? Forgive my many questions; I am about to buy and am still debating. Any help is appreciated

Does the night performance change with the small AOV? Overall is the B lens better? Forgive my many questions; I am about to buy and am still debating. Any help is appreciated

Older bunch ( very first bunch ) Mobius A lens are less quality than Mobius B lens, don't know about new releases, maybe they changed / changing something, but no reports yet has been made about A lens quality changes. ?

Check my tests here: Mobius B-lens better at NIGHT than A-lens ?!, v0.57 no problem for me.

However even ( maybe ) if Mobius will release A lens with same quality as now standing B lens, then there is always will be a dilemma for you which one to chose because of AOV.
The narrower AOV, - the more closer are car numberplates, however you can not see that much side view. So, by gaining in one thing - you losing in other.

If A and B lens would be same quality made and firmware would be tuned-up perfectly, then in theory there is no difference in recording, - they should give same night / day results, except only AOV, - this is only in theory. Because Mobius is undergoing deep firmware tune-up, then in my opinion it is too early to make final conclusions. More correct answer regarding how night performance will change with upcoming new second ( third ? ) stage Mobius firmware updates, you have to follow @Isoprop posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Niko. It's my understanding the new firmware should make both lenses only a choice of FOV, so I will base my choice on that. I'm glad the developer gave us a choice to discuss and I look forward to seeing him advance this camera.

I'm biased, however, the clear superiority of the 'B' lens in low light is indicative of better quality optics, which cannot be matched by any future improvement in 'A' lens firmware.

Buy the 'B' lens model, & use the 'narrow' AOV setting, if that's your preference.

Of course, I could be wrong!

No Russ, that's my thinking. The B offers much more flexibility for sure. You have three usable AOV/FOVs in one camera. The large is super wide, the small is a little wider than the A lens (the sweet spot in my opinion) and the 720p/60 makes it close to the A lens.

After speaking with Isoprop and confirming a leveling of other factors, I think the B is the way to go. I plan to use this camera for many things. Park the car and go mountain biking, maybe a little climbing. It's a great pocket solution. I will have a lot of fun putting it through its paces and seeing where it fits best. Oh of course sharing my findings :D

With the new firmware, if you set the B lens version to use a smaller FOV, is it as sharp as the A lens version?

Also, as it was previously asked, do you loose your low light advantage on the B lens version if you use the smaller FOV?

With the new firmware, if you set the B lens version to use a smaller FOV, is it as sharp as the A lens version?

Also, as it was previously asked, do you loose your low light advantage on the B lens version if you use the smaller FOV?

I have not tested Mobius A with new v0.59 FW so can not tell. Tested only with v0.57, so can not tell.
I can tell only about Mobius B FW v0.59 with Large FOV settings and picture is clear / sharp.

Back