Blackvue DR750LW-2CH. 1080p/30Fps + 1080p/30Fps, Sony Exmor + OV CMOS, WiFi, GPS, 4" LCD,

My current DR550GW seems good at what it does although we have all said it could be better, for me as I purchased an import at almost 50% the cost of the UK version I believe with the current FW I am getting value for money ( as long as it is reliable over time ) but if BV want me to pay full UK retail value for a system like this then it really is going to have to be better than the current version so I really do hope that BV have looked at the customer feedback and the new 650 address the issues that we would like to see addressed in the current DR550GW.

;););)

I am not big fan of Blackvue products, but to be fair to existing design solution: at least they positioned lens not to the centre but to the bottom part of unit unlike many other similar style dashcams where lens positioned on the centre. So on this point I must give them a credit if judging fairly. Of course overall design concept is for Korean market, not for outside. St least I prefer stealth solutions, not the one that can be seen from "mile away" :)
honestly so far i still like my blackvue 550. now that i got a working one at least, time will tell how long!

i prefer smart phone controls, i like that i can just copy files over to my phone (and i did finally find out yes you can get the videos from iOS on itunes to your PC), wanted no screen, but something discrete. i also really love the cylinder design. i love that it has audio notifications. there is a beep when i cause an event so it actually has helped my driving a bit when it alerts me to a bump, often because i am driving to fast haha. i also like the notifications when it starts normal or parking recording, its reassuring. i am afraid of other cameras not functioning, and for all i know i could go weeks until i realize it hasnt actually been recording. but if my blackvue stops, i know because the notifications stop.

if they could just get the damn bitrate up it would be my perfect camera.

when i look at other cameras that have better video quality, they are just lacking the other features I like such as wifi, decent windows/mac software, or a form factor i like, and the audio notifications.

i considered using a mobius but they are too limited in features.

but this 750 is definitely not for me. big giant screen with a rip off of windows 8 just what i dont want.

cant wait for 2-4 channel 1080p60 with seperate dvr unit. awwwww thatd be great.

honestly so far i still like my blackvue 550. now that i got a working one at least, time will tell how long!

i prefer smart phone controls, i like that i can just copy files over to my phone (and i did finally find out yes you can get the videos from iOS on itunes to your PC), wanted no screen, but something discrete. i also really love the cylinder design. i love that it has audio notifications. there is a beep when i cause an event so it actually has helped my driving a bit when it alerts me to a bump, often because i am driving to fast haha. i also like the notifications when it starts normal or parking recording, its reassuring. i am afraid of other cameras not functioning, and for all i know i could go weeks until i realize it hasnt actually been recording. but if my blackvue stops, i know because the notifications stop.

if they could just get the damn bitrate up it would be my perfect camera.

when i look at other cameras that have better video quality, they are just lacking the other features I like such as wifi, decent windows/mac software, or a form factor i like, and the audio notifications.

i considered using a mobius but they are too limited in features.

but this 750 is definitely not for me. big giant screen with a rip off of windows 8 just what i dont want.

cant wait for 2-4 channel 1080p60 with seperate dvr unit. awwwww thatd be great.
like this ?

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...tealth-cameras-remote-lens-snowden-w007.4708/

yes i have replied in that thread. with that i wouldnt have to worry as much about theft. ideally i like to always keep my dashcam on in parking lots or in public. i feel like a hit and run is more likely than theft.

and even with theft, they MIGHT not see the camera.

id rather lose a couple hundred dollar camera being stolen than have to pay potentially thousands of dollars for a hit and run. but something like that one would make me feel much more comfortable with leaving it in my car.

yes i have replied in that thread. with that i wouldnt have to worry as much about theft. ideally i like to always keep my dashcam on in parking lots or in public. i feel like a hit and run is more likely than theft.

and even with theft, they MIGHT not see the camera.

id rather lose a couple hundred dollar camera being stolen than have to pay potentially thousands of dollars for a hit and run. but something like that one would make me feel much more comfortable with leaving it in my car.
There are some mid-range Chinese projects already out there ( saw and played around myself with them 2 month ago ) and probably will be ready for public sale in few month. Need to polish up firmware.
High-end Korean one might take about 6 month.
Stay tuner ;)

Hmm.. I think I'll be interested in getting my hands on one of these when they come out! I don't mind an LCD really.. it's quite cool to have an lcd to playback stuff.. I'd be getting it this christmas! :D

This model is mainly designed for domestic Korean market - not intended for international market. I hope that clears up some of the concerns people are expressing on why it is a large LCD.

Also having the screen on when driving is illegal in Australia

in my state in the US, a screen is legal if it is quote: (2) closed-circuit video systems used exclusively to aid the driver's visibility to the front, rear, or sides of the vehicle;

so technically, if you have a dash cam that displays the live feed you could argue it is for your visibility. i have actually thought of getting a samsung tablet and using it as a rear view live feed for my blackvue.

but right now i dont have the money to buy a tablet.

edit: actually now that i read what i posted, it says EXCLUSIVELY to aid the driver's visibility. so i dunno how it would stand up in court if i was ticketed and i argued i only use it for the rear view camera.

in my state in the US, a screen is legal if it is quote: (2) closed-circuit video systems used exclusively to aid the driver's visibility to the front, rear, or sides of the vehicle;

so technically, if you have a dash cam that displays the live feed you could argue it is for your visibility. i have actually thought of getting a samsung tablet and using it as a rear view live feed for my blackvue.

but right now i dont have the money to buy a tablet.

edit: actually now that i read what i posted, it says EXCLUSIVELY to aid the driver's visibility. so i dunno how it would stand up in court if i was ticketed and i argued i only use it for the rear view camera.

Why you would want to watch what is behind you and getting further away is beyond me. You have 3 rear vision mirrors in most cars and are supposed to be watching where you are going not where you have been.

After 3 months of driving in the USA and having to wait at traffic lights for the idiots to finish their texting before moving I can understand whats going on.

Everything but driving the car.

Well, in my state, large LCD screens are allowed as long as it goes off so as to not to create a distraction to to the driver.It doesn't block my line of sight as I have a huge navigation screen.. so I don't really mind.. :)
Edit:Any other camera you guys can recommend that is good and has 2 channel's? ;)

Why you would want to watch what is behind you and getting further away is beyond me. You have 3 rear vision mirrors in most cars and are supposed to be watching where you are going not where you have been.

After 3 months of driving in the USA and having to wait at traffic lights for the idiots to finish their texting before moving I can understand whats going on.

Everything but driving the car.
.... uuuhhh rear view cameras are primarily used for BACKING UP. i have been in a few cars that have rear view cameras, and it is very useful in something like a truck where your rear visibility is limited, all the rear view cameras i have seen also show a 3d wireframe of where your vehicle will be reversing while you turn your wheel, the wireframe moves with your wheel. it is useful in tight places backing up in some vehicles. adding an after market camera and screen is a lot cheaper than buying a new car with those features.

and yes, every single person in the US texts and drives, nobody in any other country has ever done that. it is a well known fact.

Sorry guys I beg to differ you need to be aware of what is going on and developing all around you...... would you change lanes or overtake a vehicle without checking your rear view mirrors. If an emergency vehicle was fast approaching behind you and you didnt see it because ( you dont need to see where you have been) in some emergency cases the siren is not always used or only briefly depending on the circumstances.......I have a solution for phoning and texting whilst driving ......first offence confiscate the phone and crush it.......second offence confiscate both the phone and the car and crush them........third offence .....and yes there are people stupid enough to commit the same offence a third time ....confiscate the phone..... the car.....and the offending driver.......and........well I think you get the picture......o_O :D

I fully understand the use of reversing cameras. You have missed the point. This is about having a rear view camera showing what is behind you WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING FORWARD..

I had one when caravanning focused on the hitch so I could keep an eye on it. Also had one on rear of the van which I turned on when reversing. Not all have the swiveling lines unless the car is fitted with the steering sensors like my VW

Yes people in all countries text but doing it with both hands at 80 mph left me wondering.

Rear view mirrors are enough for me and I was taught to check them frequently all the time.

Some seem to think they are only for using when they put their makeup on.

Witness getting stuck behind a dreamer who doesn't shift until you flash lights at them and suddenly they dive out of the way hopefully checking the offside mirror before doing so.
In our country only a navigation aid or a CB radio type screen is allowed in the drivers view.

It is also illegal to touch a mobile phone when driving, Not that may observe that rule.

It is interesting ;)

ye7k.png

voni.png

BlackVue v.1.65 (Android)

Bug fix and New feature
1. DR750LW-2CH support
2. 750LW Bug Fixed.
3. Stability improvements

Last edited:
In the future, cars should have built-in dash cams as an option.

My 2014 Q50 has a 360 degree camera. If only they added a hard-drive option to record everything. Or the option to stick our own 64gb mini SD card and program it to record.

That is the future. Someone should write a proposal to the car manufacturer. Blackvue?

Back