Custom firmware BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

Have just got my new 'extreme' 64GB card through - set the front bitrate to 15, rear to 8 - and the picture is just unbelievable!!
Very impressed!!
Will check it out in a day or so for missing/skipped frames etc.

Of course the downside to such a high(ish) bitrate is that a 1 minute file is 120mb!
I've noticed as well that the bigger files the black vue app crashes when trying to transfer a 3:00 min clip to the internal memory :(

does it matter if i am on firmware 2.000 or 2.001?

I'll also answer your question, and say, there is no version 2.000 or 2.001 custom firmware. You're talking about official firmware.

yea, i thought you had to have a certain firmware e.g. 2.000 and you hack it or something from that~

i guess i was wrong

I went from 1.something - but no, not a requirement at all.

How do i change the time to make it match?
i read someone say you minus the hours or something? e.g. -10 or +10

which files do i edit this from?

How do i change the time to make it match?
i read someone say you minus the hours or something? e.g. -10 or +10

which files do i edit this from?
Delete the contents of the system folder & the record folder.
In the custom fw interface set the Hardware time to GMT.
Then set the timezone to your local timezone (in the blackvue app)... then reboot the cam.

Then you'll need to wait for a GPS location to update it correctly.

Then set the timezone to your local timezone (in the blackvue app)... then reboot the cam.

Thanks ill give this a try

Hey, sorry i look everywhere on the settings page and i could not find a way to change the UMT to GMT.

This is all on the 192.168.8.1 page

on firmware 1.0 btw

Sorry, I may not have been clear - it's not a physical button....
it's the 'actual' GMT time that you enter in the system time box, then hit save settings.
So right now, GMT is 07:42, BST (which is the time in the UK now) is 08:42, therefore in the system time I enter 07:42.
:)

Sorry, I may not have been clear - it's not a physical button....
it's the 'actual' GMT time that you enter in the system time box, then hit save settings.
So right now, GMT is 07:42, BST (which is the time in the UK now) is 08:42, therefore in the system time I enter 07:42.
:)
oh, i didn't know you could change it. ill try this.
do i just click where the time box is and just change it?

THANKS!

Snake does the footage jump?
I've got a Sandisk extreme 64gb and it's meant to be 45mb write but I've had to drop down from 30 F and 8 R to 19 F 8 R and some times I'm getting recording lengths of 20 seconds rarely as well as sound drop outs from time to time. When I had higher values.
Ok, yes, the footage does jump.
I've bought the same card as you - I'm only running 12 & 6, so well under the ability of the card and it is jumping. :(

Did you resolve it on yours as it's no good to me if it's not fluid... and I just spent £50 for a new card to eliminate any speed issues.

Ok, yes, the footage does jump.
I've bought the same card as you - I'm only running 12 & 6, so well under the ability of the card and it is jumping. :(

Did you resolve it on yours as it's no good to me if it's not fluid... and I just spent £50 for a new card to eliminate any speed issues.
I'll check on my dinner tomorrow. And get back to you snake.
It says 45mb write. So I'd expect it be able to do 30mb F and 10 R. So at least have 5mb free. But I've had to drop it. So I'll check what I'm on and how the footage tomorrow bud.

I actually only got 33 mb/s on a benchmark test :eek: so a 30/10 setting wouldn't fly :oops:
I was running 12/6 and the blasted thing still didn't record right, and that's well under my benchmarked 33 max. :mad:

I've run a couple of tests this morning...
Both Samsung Pro 64GB rated at 80/20 and Sandisk Extreme rated at 45/45
Both freshly formatted to exfat @ default file allocation.
running 12mb/s on front cam, 6 on the rear.

Video using Samsung Pro:

Video using Sandisk Extreme:

Both really struggle, so I think this is a custom firmware bug :confused:

33mb still isn't 45. Yeah I can see it jumping. Gonna check my settings in a sec and up a video.
I'm hoping it's a firmware issue. Have you tried this on. 1.1 firmware? See if the issue is still there?

I haven't, no.
I'm currently on 1.2, so I'll try downgrading and check again.

And yes, absolutely agree on the 33, it's 25% lower than 'advertised' - and that's what I sent to sandisk.

I haven't, no.
I'm currently on 1.2, so I'll try downgrading and check again.

And yes, absolutely agree on the 33, it's 25% lower than 'advertised' - and that's what I sent to sandisk.
Emailed them?

Yes - well, through their 'support' link, as I registered my card with them to double check the authenticity! ;)

Back