Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Hi, i just signed up to say ive bought a Dr500GW in the UK, and have just installed the New firmware 1.0.0.8? and its works flawlessly.. times correct too.. formatted the mem car with correct format tool on a quick format and installed the new firmware..

the bad is the original fw does not have video mirroring.

I must use the cam on the left side of the windscreen coz of the wipers not reaching the right point on the right...

vortex said:
the bad is the original fw does not have video mirroring.

I must use the cam on the left side of the windscreen coz of the wipers not reaching the right point on the right...

The viewer does

Hey Mio, will your firmware be expanded to support the new DR550GW-2CH?

I just checked out the sample uploads from a new owner posted here.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1599&p=23144#p23128
This sample in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x3D3BXggY8
The whole over all mix of too bright too dark rolled into one awful recording. This at the "highest" setting too

As usual, total garbage, no Auto Exposure Control driving through shadows results in knee jerk reactions. Glad I passed on the new DR550GW-2CH
(it's just more of the same)

It might be "ok" if it was in the best bang for the back category but is over priced for the quality.

I hope to see more iOS / WiFi app interrogation by a company that can get the quality right.

Last edited by a moderator:

JazJon, that video sample you posted from was from a DR500, not a 550

exhaustnote said:
JazJon, that video sample you posted from was from a DR500, not a 550

Is it? It's from the DR550GW-2CH thread.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1599&p=23144#p23128

Where is some new footage then?

Look at the bottom right corner of the video, it clearly says DR500. Also, if you read some of the previous posts in the DR550 thread, he mentions that he made a mistake and actually had a DR500, not 550.

Will the DR500GW-HD's firmware be able to change from 1.008K to 1.1.1aE ?

mightyboo said:
Will the DR500GW-HD's firmware be able to change from 1.008K to 1.1.1aE ?
Apparently yes but not reversible Better to do it from 1.005E

Read through the early posts it tells you what u can and cant do

Dear all

I am not able to upgrade my DR500GW-HD's firmware from 1.008E to 1.1.1aE.

After inserting the microSD to the camera, it says 'initializing' and blackvue for your save driving, starting recording... and so I thought it was successful.

When I checked and downloaded a video and check the bitrate, it was only 5000kbps, and not what I set out in the custom_config.ini file which was 15000kbps.

When I checked the firmware version, it was still 1.008E.

Pls assist, if not I'll be sticking to the latest stock fimware 1.008E until there is a fix.

Thank you.

prostcode said:
Dear all

After inserting the microSD to the camera, it says 'initializing' and blackvue for your save driving, starting recording... and so I thought it was successful.

When I checked and downloaded a video and check the bitrate, it was only 5000kbps, and not what I set out in the custom_config.ini file which was 15000kbps.

Pls assist, if not I'll be sticking to the latest stock fimware 1.008E until there is a fix.

Thank you.

Read from page 90 or reply 901 for your answers

Hillbilly said:
prostcode said:
Dear all

Thank you.

Thanks bro and I apologise for the ignorance.

I've gotten hold of the official firmware v1.005E.

My worry is - am I able to downgrade 1.008 to 1.005 by just simply installing the contents to the microsd and inserting it into the camera?

I believe after downgrading to 1.005, I can then upgrade to Custom 1.1.1.1aE

Regards

prostcode said:
Hillbilly said:
prostcode said:
Dear all

Thank you.

Thanks bro and I apologise for the ignorance.

I've gotten hold of the official firmware v1.005E.

My worry is - am I able to downgrade 1.008 to 1.005 by just simply installing the contents to the microsd and inserting it into the camera?

I believe after downgrading to 1.005, I can then upgrade to Custom 1.1.1.1aE

Regards

There is an instruction on how to do it within this thread Something about changing the firmware number in the Version.bin

I finally get it.

Just need to go to config folder -> version.bin and change the version=1.005 to version=1.008?

Is that right Sir?

prostcode said:
I finally get it.

Just need to go to config folder -> version.bin and change the version=1.005 to version=1.008?

Is that right Sir?

Something like that and change it back after it loads

The custom firmware has been great!
I've smoothly upgraded to it from 1.008E and had no problems with the device, recording or time stamps.

Just one thing though,
the Blackvue player in Windows now crashes whenever i try to play a video clip
9670771729_341ba9bf1a_o.png

but plays fine on Windows Media Player
9670771885_9096608204_o.png

On the Mac, the 1080p mp4 files are detected as 720p videos and plays only a cropped portion of it.
9670771975_580ed95b11_o.png

The video settings used in config-custom.ini are as follows:
Video=2
Size=1080P
Bitrate=15000000
Cabac=Yes

What could be the cause?

Hey guys,
I'm running latest 1.1.1.1aE fw on my DR500gw with original included 16gb sd card. Also I have free 64gb sandisk card, but, camera doesn't work with it. After start it says "Inicializing sd card" and green led is on, but this state never end. Card was formated with some partition software to FAT32, and also with guiformat to FAT32 with 32kB cluster. But it didn't help.
Does anybody know how to solve this?
Thanks

Hello,

have you tried to copy the complete content of the origin 16GB card onto the formatted 64GB card and test again, if it'll be recognized then?

Yop, and it still doesn't work. I've tried empty card and also card with content copied from old 16gb card. But with the same result :(

Back