niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
DISCLAIMER
Dashcameras participated in this side by side test were using firmware you see below.
NB! By the time you are reading this thread and watching video used here, developers of those dashcameras may have released a new improved firmwares.
Please refer to each developer sub-forum or website in order to see newer firmware release and their performance.

For side by side test in the park I was using THIS DIY Bracket.

bracket1.jpg

Top Left: Innovv C1 ( new lens ) FW = C1_FW_V08_20140310
Top Right: Innovv C2 ( wide lens ) FW = C1_FW_V08_20140310
Bottom Left: Dimika, FW = DIMIKAHD_1.4-14.03.2014
Bottom Right; Mobius B-lens, WDR ON, 1080p-W, FW v1.20

RAW / Original individual Video files, as well as YouTube side by side video original files you can download from HERE

As you can see from this test, each camera has different ways of reproducing colours, AWB ( auto white balance ), etc.

Please leave your comment ( fair judgement ) in regards what your eyes can see based on this test.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite is clear the DIMIKA at the bottom left. I never have touched a Mobius or a Innovv but as more comparison videos I watch as more I can see the superior of the DIMIKA against the others. The DIMIKA is the only cam which shows the true colors. A comparison of the colors with the picture of the bracket above (taken by a Samsung Galaxy S4) makes the judgement at easy at pace.

DIMIKA colours are reported as being very natural looking, not ideal for dashcam use but very good for recreational use

DIMIKA colours are reported as being very natural looking, not ideal for dashcam use but very good for recreational use

Right, but 'auto settings' are not ideal as usual. The settings of all three cameras are adjustable by configuration tools. And here is always the question where you have to start with ;-) and true and realistic colors are ideal requirements for best results... So, again, this point goes to Dimika ;-)

true and realistic colours are great for sports cams, it doesn't work too well for dashcams where for best results the contrast and white balance needs are quite different and this impacts the colour pallette, in this type of camera I'd consider the dashcam function a bonus feature, they are not ideal for the job

Last edited:
true and realistic colours are great for sports cams, it doesn't work too well for dashcams where for best results the contrast and white balance needs are quite different and this impacts the colour pallette, in this types of camera I'd consider the dashcam function a bonus feature, they are not ideal for the job

Not sure what you try to point out here?

these camera don't make great dashcams, the Mobius has had some effort put into getting better results in this environment so probably has the edge for this purpose although still not ideal, it's a bonus feature but not what they are best at

these camera don't make great dashcams, the Mobius has had some effort put into getting better results in this environment so probably has the edge for this purpose although still not ideal, it's a bonus feature but not what they are best at

Still can't get the point of your posts regarding the subject and nico's introduction.... you just want tell us that Innovv, Dimika and Mobius are not great as Dashcams?

If you're happy with your camera is all that matters, it doesn't seem to have caught on here for whatever reason but action cameras are a limited section of the market I guess

If you're happy with your camera is all that matters, it doesn't seem to have caught on here for whatever reason but action cameras are a limited section of the market I guess

Jokiin, I can agree with many things what you wrote, some of this I wrote already on other places in DCT. But I still can't catch your point in context to the topic?

Looks like one unit has smaller FOV than the others, as well over ev compensated.

I never have touched a Mobius or a Innovv

In this case it would be not fair for you to judge any of them for side by side performance. Your judgement would be only speculative ;)

but as more comparison videos I watch as more I can see the superior of the DIMIKA against the others.

I don't agree that Dimika is superior against others. It is good camera for money and has its own pros and cons against other, but to name it "superior" - it has to provide performance of GoPro for the price of Mobius / Innovv, which it can not provide.

The DIMIKA is the only cam which shows the true colors. A comparison of the colors with the picture of the bracket above (taken by a Samsung Galaxy S4) makes the judgement at easy at pace.

If to judge against Samsung Galaxy S4, then even mobile phone review sites say that it's colours are not 100% natural ( non of mobile phones can provide true colours as 5-10K DSLR photocameras do ), so it is also wrong to judge comparing with Samsung and say that its shows "true colours" ?!
To be honest, - non of tested action cameras had true colours. Yes, dimika has brighter picture and also brighter green colour ( too hard tone ) kinda like in cartoons, , but it's more likely default brightness is set higher in the settings, but still some people like this strong ( hard ) colour. Sky colours are similar on DImika and Mobius, Innovv sky colour is maybe too hard ( too much blue ). The only thing on Dimika in this test is slightly better AWB, - is slightly quicker, and maybe HDR also tuned up a little bit better than on others, but non of them can be called "superior". Each of them has pros and cons depending who will be judging them and for which market this judgement will be orientated. If judging only from DashCam market point of view, then I can call here and use your words, - Mobius is absolute winner ! ;) It provides more overall benefits for dashcam users than Innovv or Dimika. But we have to judge in more liberal way taking into consideration universal side of each product, because its not specifically designed for dashcamera or not fully action-camera aether. It's kinda universal back-up for those people who have limited budget and want affordable all-in-one mini-camera.

niko said:
As you can see from this test, each camera has different ways of reproducing colours, AWB ( auto white balance ), etc.

Please leave your comment ( fair judgement ) in regards what your eyes can see based on this test.

FredfromJupiter said:
My favorite is clear the DIMIKA at the bottom left. I never have touched a Mobius or a Innovv but as more comparison videos I watch as more I can see the superior of the DIMIKA against the others. The DIMIKA is the only cam which shows the true colors. A comparison of the colors with the picture of the bracket above (taken by a Samsung Galaxy S4) makes the judgement at easy at pace.

niko said:
In this case it would be not fair for you to judge any of them for side by side performance. Your judgement would be only speculative ;)

It's as clear as mud now, isn't it?

It's pity, but very interesting what we can learn here....

m2c

Back