DIMIKA 1080P Full HD Action Camera has been released! (DIMIKA OTG adaptor)

Any updates on review Niko?

I am on half-way there. Have done few side by side tests, found few things that could be done better, reported to developer and they were quite quick to released new beta-FW for tests. Will be testing it this weekend and try to put review together soon after.

Really isn't that difficult to put up some sample dashcam videos. Tired of looking at brick walls, sun, or a static field.

Really isn't that difficult to put up some sample dashcam videos. Tired of looking at brick walls, sun, or a static field.

:)#61 Dashcam videos are ongoing by Niko. In the coming few days...

Hopefully, Niko will post inside a Dimika pics...how difficult to take it apart and put it back together.
night driving clip would be great.

Thanks for suggestion. I will do photos of internal components and many different videos will be provided along with raw files download links + side by side with other competitors ( when I am ready ).

After first stage of my tests I suggested to developer to adjust some things, not that initial "package" was bad, actually it was OK for "average Joe" ( no offence to newbies ).
Yes, I know - I might be too fussy, picky and kinda perfectionist !?, but thats who I am ;)
Developer activly working with me and after few days released me beta-FW which is my second stage of tests.
Please dont ask me details at the moment. This all would be speculative. When all tests are finished and review is ready, I will mention everything what was before and after.
This all takes a long time if to do properly for deep complete review ( total about 40-50h if relay on my past reviews). I do everything from my personal free time which I dont have much. Unfortunately its not my style to do short introductional review which can be put together within few days, that you might already saw in few other places ( actually those are nicely done and easy to understand basics of the product, but not that deep like I do ). There is no point for me to "copy others". I like to do full deep review from A to Z. I guess its in end user interest.
Thank you for understanding and keep in touch ;)

Thanks for suggestion. I will do photos of internal components and many different videos will be provided along with raw files download links + side by side with other competitors ( when I am ready ).

After first stage of my tests I suggested to developer to adjust some things, not that initial "package" was bad, actually it was OK for "average Joe" ( no offence to newbies ).
Yes, I know - I might be too fussy, picky and kinda perfectionist !?, but thats who I am ;)
Developer activly working with me and after few days released me beta-FW which is my second stage of tests.
Please dont ask me details at the moment. This all would be speculative. When all tests are finished and review is ready, I will mention everything what was before and after.
This all takes a long time if to do properly for deep complete review ( total about 40-50h if relay on my past reviews). I do everything from my personal free time which I dont have much. Unfortunately its not my style to do short introductional review which can be put together within few days, that you might already saw in few other places ( actually those are nicely done and easy to understand basics of the product, but not that deep like I do ). There is no point for me to "copy others". I like to do full deep review from A to Z. I guess its in end user interest.
Thank you for understanding and keep in touch ;)

Thanks for Niko's time and efforts!

Here again, let's take a chair and have a look on the review from Cybermodeler first.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/video/dimika/video_dimika.shtml

I think the underwater image quality is pretty ok with the Dimika splashbag. Will try to find a jetsky, lets see...

If your smartphone supports OTG, try the DIMIKA OTG adaptor.

For more information: http://dimikacamera.com/watch-and-edit-your-footage-on-the-go/

dimika-otg.jpg

I tore down my DIMIKA camera and I was expecting to find inside the Novatek processor, but there’s a “Siri A11-A” marked on the CPU. Does anyone have any idea about this new IC?

Attachments

• DIMIKA video processor.jpg
    DIMIKA video processor.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 12
I tore down my DIMIKA camera and I was expecting to find inside the Novatek processor, but there’s a “Siri A11-A” marked on the CPU. Does anyone have any idea about this new IC?

This is kind bad surprise. I believed all the buzz about Dimika using a Novatek NT96650 and trusted developer by not taking off that "cover / heatsink?" from CPU when making my review, but now I feel foolish and again and again remembering a good Russian saying: Доверя́й, но проверя́й. Literal: Trust, but verify. ( Words are the wise man's counters and the fool's money. ).
Thanks @mister_rf , I have edited my Dimika Review.

By the way: I am a little bit "jealous" @mister_rf have Flir E4 IR Camera :p ;) I always wanted to have something professional IR Cam. Despite E4 is not the most advanced from Flir range, but still it's better than nothing.

@innotrends : Could you please comment a situation regarding CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m very happy with my E4. The hackabiliy of the E4 for 320x240 resolution made me buy one, and I start daily using either as a tool / toy. :)
Original the FLIR's E4 are not suitable for PCB inspection, you can't focus close enough, they are designed for distance work. In order to adjust the focus you need to fit a ZnSe close-up lens in front of the E4 lens.
I've attached some thermal images of the DIMIKA camera.
There we may see the CPU running cool ( the original heatsink was removed) and the optical sensor getting very hot (68-69C)

DIMIKA 01.jpg

DIMIKA 02.jpg

DIMIKA 03.jpg

Nice finding! Thanks!

You are right "jokiin". Sony Exmor by its own is better than OV2710 or Aptina 0330. but, I ment to make a point about new chinese dascams lenses ( as per title ), that combination of good cmos, lens and CPU ( Ambarella A7, maybe Siri A9, A11 ), this all together will make a good competition to Korean dashcams that are using Sony Exmor, and of course for much lower price.

I wish Carl Zeiss optics would be used on dashcams, but it seems they have a long "marriage" deal with Logitec :)

@niko? Any more information? Forum search shows only that early post above from you?

Back