DR32 dashcam no power

BobbyG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My DR32 has worked for a year and suddenly it has died. Have tried different cables, different cars but there is just no power getting into it. Have also tried the reset pinhole on side to no effect.
On viewing the recordings it recorded fine until I parked up one day and then has never recorded since.
Anyone else had a similar issue? Is it fixable?

Anyone able to help with this? I opened the case up and used a multimeter which would suggest that power was actually getting in to unit but camera not powering up.
It seems to have some sort of battery which presumably is for holding date and time info, would failure of this prevent camera powering up or would that just mean I would always need to set the date and time every use?
Anyone got any helpful thoughts or should I just bin it??

Battery failure wouldn't normally stop it from powering up, something deeper than that I would think

Bin it.

Count yourself lucky you got a year out of it and move on.

I agree with @sludgeguts about going with a new camera but don't throw away the old DR32, you never know when you might want to salvage parts from it.

When I first bought a DR32 it was DOA. The vendor sent me a new camera and let me keep the dead one. A few months ago, I discovered that the lens in my GT300W had a flaw in the multi-coating that was causing an excessive amount of lens flare under certain lighting conditions so I swapped the M12x0.5 thread lens from the DR32 into the GT300W and not only did it fix the lens flare issue, I ended up with dramatically improved sharpness and overall image quality (and several degrees narrower FOV, which I kind of like).

Edit: A screen shot from the GT300W with the DR32 lens installed can be seen HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back