DR32 or Ambarella A2S70 VF960 Dash Car Camcorder with GPS?

Maulhofer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello ;)

I want to buy a new cam and do not know which one to buy. I have two cams to choose from FoxOffer. This one: DR32 and this: Ambarella A2S70 VF960

DR32 makes good videos, but has no GPS. Ambarella A2S70 VF960 has GPS and but do not know if the videos are good.
Every two have no software to watch the videos. This is also not good.

What would you buy from these two?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany and Google is my translator :mrgreen:

Re: DR32 or Ambarella A2S70 VF960 Dash Car Camcorder with GP

Maulhofer said:
Hello ;)

I want to buy a new cam and do not know which one to buy. I have two cams to choose from FoxOffer. This one: DR32 and this: Ambarella A2S70 VF960

DR32 makes good videos, but has no GPS. Ambarella A2S70 VF960 has GPS and but do not know if the videos are good.
Every two have no software to watch the videos. This is also not good.

What would you buy from these two?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany and Google is my translator :mrgreen:

Oder die Lukas LK-7900 ACE

hi,
I have looked at the Lukas LK-7900 ACE and this seems to be very interesting. But would rather have a help to the cam in my question.

Thank you for your tip ;)

Sorry, ich habe kein Deutsch zu schreiben. Google Translate ist dein Freund!

You might want to take a look at this YouTube video. It is in English.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjsGBprFOU&list=FLaNoV18Ig1MqJZWFkPhuC0w&index=1

It is about the Viofo VF960 G900 Dashcam 1080p Car DVR Camera. It states it is a VF960
S but it says that the manufacturer stated they have a software problem with the GPS software and to please just evaluate the camera portion. The price difference is only about €9. The VF960 is €90.75 and the VF960S is €99.91 . In US$ that is $108.90 and $119.90. For the small difference, if you choose to buy this dash cam, I would just get the GPS model and hope they have fixed the GPS or will in the near future. I just sent an email to the manufacturer asking about the GPS software and if they have fixed it. I will post the answer if/when I receive one from them.

Here is the reviewer's webpage about the VF960. It also has a link to download 4 videos so you can see it how it will look on your computer. : http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6/1/the-viofo-vf960-g900-dashcam-review.html

There is more info about the reported problems with the GPS software at the bottom of this webpage: http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/04/03/gs900-car-dvr-firmware-and-gps-player-tool-5/

Here is a link to the manufacturers website for the VF960: http://www.viofo.com/HD-1080P-Car-DVR/ambarella-a2s70-vf960-car-dash-camcorder-p-81.html#.Ua8L75wgscs

Here is a link to the manufacturers website for the VF960S:
http://www.viofo.com/GPS-Car-DVR/ambarella-a2s70-vf960s-car-dash-camcorder-with-gps-p-111.html#.Ua8PJ5wgscs

Sorry for the slow response. I found your question 3 days ago while doing a search for this dash cam. The forum would not let me register and had to send an email to the administration to get signed up so I could answer you.

Good luck and hope this helps you!

EDIT; I just read that the VF960S is "Sold Out". This is what they say on the VF960 webpage: Notice: VF960(G900) doesn't come with GPS logger function. The edition with GPS logger names VF960S(GS900), but VF960S(GS900) is not available this moment, because the manufacturer is improving its software for playing back GPS data."

Hello CRUZR,

Thank you for your very good support and lots of information to my question. I now have a little problem because I really think the VF960S and the DOD LS300W really very good and can not decide.

Greeting, Maulhofer

Seems like people are having more issues with the VF960 from a firmware perspective. The LS300W / GT300W or the DR32 would be a better bet assuming you don't need GPS.

Maulhofer said:
Hello CRUZR,

Thank you for your very good support and lots of information to my question. I now have a little problem because I really think the VF960S and the DOD LS300W really very good and can not decide.

Greeting, Maulhofer

Your welcome. Well if you need one right away then there is not any choice as you can't buy the VF960S right now, just the VF960. They have yet to answer my email but would hope they can fix the GPS software so it would be available again. Myself, I really would like to have a GPS in a dash cam!

Good Luck!

DashCamMan said:
Seems like people are having more issues with the VF960 from a firmware perspective. The LS300W / GT300W or the DR32 would be a better bet assuming you don't need GPS.

I have the GS900 (VF960S) and find that the latest firmware update has fixed all the issues I noticed. As a bonus Registrator Viewer now fully supports all the DVR functions (GPS, G Sensor, accurate map tracking). Vadim (Vadikus) has done a wonderful job with this software.

The combination of VF960S and Registrator Viewer is a great combination.

there is a problem with the VF 960S dashcam with the GPS functionality. the GPS unit
automatically gets the time from the GPS satellities. this is good. however, it sets
the time to the UTC standard time. if you live in the United Kingdom, that would be perfect.
however, there are a number of people residing out of those British Isles. my time zone
is (with the summer savings time) UTC + 3. therefore, the time of the dashcam is
always 3 hours back. even though I set it manually to the correct time, when I drive
out of the parking lot and the GPS units finds those satellites up and above, it
very annoyingly sets my time BACK AGAIN to the UTC time.

I read someone's message at the foxoffer.com blog about this unit. he lives in brisbane, Australia
in the UTC + 10 time zone. his VF 960S time setting is 10 HOURS BACK !

I would like to use this dashcam in the (God forbid) case of a traffic accident in terms of video
evidence. therefore, it is important that the time stamp encoded into the video is accurate.

the manufacturer is yet to correct this thru a new firmware. however, I installed the latest
firmware of 25 July 2013 and the problem is not fixed.

For your information..

Back