Driver Tailgates and Cuts off My Smart Car (Luckily I upgraded to a Train Horn)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
(Remember drivers are closer than they appear from the wide angle lens)

This guy was right on my ass and then begins to cut me off before he finishes over taking my little Smart Car (and from the right side! WTF?)

I laid on my upgraded "Fiat" imported (almost a TrainHorn) horn and that got his attention. I think he might have been drunk. I was going 65mph and I was two exits away from home.

Last edited:
:D this lane is reserved for amtrak rolling stock. ( why the hell did he want to get into your lane, the one he is allready in is empty )

Do you have a link for that horn Jaz ? i am intrested in cramming as large horn as possibel into my same sized Suzuki car.

Looks like the both you were driving side by side holding back traffic?

Well yeah he wouldn't have done that if you were in a big ass SUV. He did that to intimidate you.

He he :D Allready have hornblasters in my favorites.

Love those "wake the dead" horns :D but i am pretty sure i can not fit one of those on my Little Suzuki :(

I have allso been thinking on using one of my 15 L pressure bottels ( diving and PCP gun ) instead of a compressor. ( with a reduser offcourse so mutch pressure will kill any horn )
Allso meen thinking on a helium bottle on the side to inject into the airflow for even higher pitch blast. :)

:D this lane is reserved for amtrak rolling stock. ( why the hell did he want to get into your lane, the one he is allready in is empty )

Do you have a link for that horn Jaz ? i am intrested in cramming as large horn as possibel into my same sized Suzuki car.

It's small but POWERFUL!

SMART CAR HORN - DUAL TONE AIR - FIAMM ULTIMATE BLAST

http://smartmadness.com/shop/index....uct&keyword=horn&category_id=0&product_id=586

horn-750x750.jpg

Damn watched some of those hornblaster videos on their website Surprised they did not get shot at lol

Damn watched some of those hornblaster videos on their website Surprised they did not get shot at lol

Yup, good stuff! (many laughs years ago)
Here's the link for anyone new to hornblasters.

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

They actually inspired me to find the "FIAMM ULTIMATE BLAST" above. (and why I call it a train horn)

We have put a Nathan k5la on a smart car. We used a dive tank and regulator. Get about 3 1/2 minutes at full pressure.

Btw: I used to work for HornBlasters. I am still very tight with the guys.

That's cool I saw the hornblasters booth at the SEMA car show in Las Vegas a few weeks ago. I like how they had a giant 45 minute countdown timer clock running because they were only allowed to blast the horn every 45 minutes. (or maybe it was 60 minutes, I forget)

Last edited:
I've got one a dual train horn but i need a compressor to fit its got to be 90 - 100 PSI I am struggling to find one that has 90 and will run on 12VDC.

When i find a small enough compressor or a tank to hold the air and a little compressor it will be going into my 4x4. UK supplier needed.

Jazjon... Just saw this clip and the car reminded me of you. The guy has a set of lungs that sounds like a car horn among other things ;)

Regards
Duke

I posted on reddit to see what kind of feedback I would get.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Roadcam/comments/1s5her/driver_tailgates_and_cuts_off_my_smart_car/

Several people called me a jerk and it got downvoted. (and said everyone on this thread was a jerk pretty much) I don't think people understand how a wide angle lens affects perception of distance.

1) I don't really have a "Train Horn" I was sensationalizing a bit. It's the same horn they used to use in the Fiat. My stock horn was useless

2) I was already going slightly over the speed limit and in the right lane, ready to move over as roads merged. The guy was inches away riding my ass and then nearly swerved into me staying partially in my lane as he passed all aggressive. Sure the tailgating was only a few seconds, but it was still tailgating.

My honk was a last ditch attempt to get that crazed driver to heighten his attention and possibly reaction time before hitting me. That was the first time I honked in months, and first time ever on the freeway actually. So was it really wrong of me to honk?

They obviously didn't see no indication, cut in your lane as indicated by the lane markings he ran over and if he slows down suddenly which most people do after overtaking someone... Smart car has no chance in braking. People have to share the roads so respect each other and give them space. We are not mind readers that's what the indicators are for and whats wrong with the other lane he overtook in.

Regards
Duke

Back