exFat to FAT32 SmartDisk Fat32 Format Formatter Tool Utility ( How to )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Majority of dashcameras uses Fat32 MicroSD / SD cards, which are up to 32Gb
However many of them can use higher capacity like 64gb and maybe higher, but problem is that all of them are in exFat.

There are few ways how to format exFat to Fat32.

I found for myself best and quickest way to use SmartDisk Fat32 Formatter Utility Tool.

I have tested it on SanDisk and Samsung 64Gb MicroSDXC cards and all works fine.

You can download it from HERE

SMartDisk Fat32-1.jpg

SMartDisk Fat32-2.jpg

Wonderful, thank you for the tutorial and quick links. Would a 64GB card work in a G1W-C (capacitor) camcorder?

The SmartDisk tool worked great on my Samsung 64GB SDXC. Thanks for the links.

The formatting tool in windows will not work for this?

Got my Samsung SDXC 64GB card today, format it to fat32 but when I insert it into the panorama S it says card error.

Got my Samsung SDXC 64GB card today, format it to fat32 but when I insert it into the panorama S it says card error.

Starting from 2014 firmware works on exFat so no need to format 64 and up Gb SD cards.

How about using SDformatter from sdcard.org?

For myself I found easiest to use Fat32 SmartDisk, but for sure there are many other ways and utilities on how to exFat to Fat32.

Windows does not format cards correctly anyway

and, if I'm not very much mistook, neither does the mac. At least as far as my Panorama II is concerned.

Majority of dashcameras uses Fat32 MicroSD / SD cards, which are up to 32Gb
However many of them can use higher capacity like 64gb and maybe higher, but problem is that all of them are in exFat.

There are few ways how to format exFat to Fat32.

I found for myself best and quickest way to use SmartDisk Fat32 Formatter Utility Tool.

I have tested it on SanDisk and Samsung 64Gb MicroSDXC cards and all works fine.

You can download it from HERE

which should I use to do FW upgrades for my Panorama II, ExFAT or FAT32?

and, if I'm not very much mistook, neither does the mac. At least as far as my Panorama II is concerned.

which should I use to do FW upgrades for my Panorama II, ExFAT or FAT32?

Myself I have done FW upgradings using up to 32Gb SD Fat32.

I've been referring customers to this thread, so here's a helpful chart for Panorama II/S users.
(but like Niko said new firmware also supports native windows ExFAT now too)
hTWTNqH.png

Last edited:
I guess that after formatting with the tool, it is not recommanded to re-reformat into a dashcam which does not support native 64GB ?

Back