G1W Rapidly Turning Itself Off and On

Luke Davis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,

I have a G1W and lately it has been rapidly turning itself off and on again. It did this when I first bought it, but formatting the microSD fixed that. Now, however, it's much worse -- rapidly cycles off and on every 5 seconds or so. Has anyone had a similar experience, or any idea what the problem could be here?

What card are you using? Have you tried driving around without the card, only with the camera filming, to see if it continues to do that?

What card are you using? Have you tried driving around without the card, only with the camera filming, to see if it continues to do that?

I just tried without the sd card in, and it started by turning itself on and off a bit at the beginning, but then it stopped and the "please insert SD card" message appeared. It's currently charging with the cigarette lighter jack using one of those USB converters.

I'll play with it a little more today to see what causes the problem to show up. But it seems that it was much better without the SD card, even though, weirdly, it wasn't totally gone. Wondering if this could also involve the internal battery (which doesn't seem to hold any charge) and the increased load caused by recording data to the SD card, or it's somehow the connection to the car that I'm using.

Mine did the same thing (fresh out of box) when I tried at home using a 1A wall charger. I realized it's because the battery had depleted while the charging current wasn't strong enough to power up it when recording. Yours may be a different problem though.

Back