G1WH - No On Screen Display with Memory Card Inserted

LeJerk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Memory card in = video from the camera, but no OSD and buttons don't work.

Memory card out = OSD is there.

Also, it goes into a restart loop sometimes. I just went to take a picture of what I was talking about, with the screen showing to info, and now it's restarting over and over.

Any ideas?

How do I check? It seems fine, I've had it uplugged for over a week, and it still starts up.

Bad card. When my card went bad it was like that.

I pulled the memory card out and my computer read the old files fine. Maybe I'll try formatting it.

I formatted the memory card in my computer and it started up fine! But after a moment it goes into the restart loop again.

Try another card, if possible another brand. I have a failed SanDisk that does that but pc can write and read just fine.

Memory card in = video from the camera, but no OSD and buttons don't work.

Memory card out = OSD is there.

Also, it goes into a restart loop sometimes. I just went to take a picture of what I was talking about, with the screen showing to info, and now it's restarting over and over.

Any ideas?

Format the card on your computer. Then try it in the camera again. Should fix the problem.

The problem with the On Screen Display started happening again.

I formatted the memory card in my computer and it started up, but said "Wrong Cluster Size". So I formatted it again in the camera and now it's working.

I formatted the memory card in my computer and it started up, but said "Wrong Cluster Size". So I formatted it again in the camera and now it's working.
That's why manufacturers say to format the card in the camera. It doesn't matter how or where you formatted it, the camera knows better. ;)

Back