Country
United States
Greetings all :)

I am new to the forums. Around Oct. 2015 received a new G1WHT from GearBest.com

Model: G1WHT
Firmware: G1WHT-301-150629V01LD
SD card used: SAN DISK 32GB Class 10

Issue observed
Once a week the camera will display "SD Card full" and the camera will shut off. If you turn it back on while driving it will attempt to record for about 1-2 min and then it will display the same message and shut itself off.

Questions
Under Menu and Video Settings I have some questions for clarification.
  1. "Time Lapse" what is this for? Options are off, 100ms, 200ms and 500ms.
  2. "G-SENSOR" is this the accelerometer trigger? Options are off, low, normal, and high. Is this the feature that locks a video automatically when it is triggered?
  3. "Motion Detection" is this a trigger to turn on the camera if it is currently off but passively detects motion?
  4. "Parking Mode" is this a trigger as well, but for what use? Options are off, low, normal and high.
Just wanted to chime in and give my observations.

First of all, welcome to DCT!

Issue observed
Once a week the camera will display "SD Card full" and the camera will shut off. If you turn it back on while driving it will attempt to record for about 1-2 min and then it will display the same message and shut itself off.
That's because you don't have the loop recording set, so the card only stores a single 4GB file. If you set the loop recording to whichever of the possible options, when the card is full it starts overwriting the older files.

Questions
  2. "G-SENSOR" is this the accelerometer trigger? Options are off, low, normal, and high. Is this the feature that locks a video automatically when it is triggered?
  3. "Motion Detection" is this a trigger to turn on the camera if it is currently off but passively detects motion?
  4. "Parking Mode" is this a trigger as well, but for what use? Options are off, low, normal and high.
1. I believe that function is only for photo.
2. Yes and the best option os OFF.
3. Yes and the best option is also OFF.
4. Someone else has to answer this one. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Module 79L!

I have the same camera as Ryos and beleive me or not, mine doesn't loop at all even though the Loop Recording function is activated. I have tested it several times but I ended up to the same conclusion: when the card is full, every thing got stuck. The camera doesn't want to respond to any actions. This is frustrating since I want a reliable dashcam. The only camera I owned which does the Loop Recording without any concern is Mobius. I have had the Innovv C1 and C2. Same problem! I was hoping the G1Wh series do the job but I am a bit disappointed in the end. Is it only mine?

Recently I upgraded my firmware but still no success with Loop Recording.

If you guys have any suggestion on how to make the Loop recording work I will be more than glad to acknowledge your advice. HD and Loop recording are my main requirements on Dashcam.

Cheers!

Hi Module 79L!

I have the same camera as Ryos and beleive me or not, mine doesn't loop at all even though the Loop Recording function is activated. I have tested it several times but I ended up to the same conclusion: when the card is full, every thing got stuck. The camera doesn't want to respond to any actions. This is frustrating since I want a reliable dashcam. The only camera I owned which does the Loop Recording without any concern is Mobius. I have had the Innovv C1 and C2. Same problem! I was hoping the G1Wh series do the job but I am a bit disappointed in the end. Is it only mine?

Recently I upgraded my firmware but still no success with Loop Recording.

If you guys have any suggestion on how to make the Loop recording work I will be more than glad to acknowledge your advice. HD and Loop recording are my main requirements on Dashcam.

Cheers!
Ok, you have the Loop Recording set to what time?
Do you have the G-Sensor function activated? If so, it could be locking files inadvertently and if the card is filled with locked files it will stop storing files.
Have you ever checked the card before the camera says it's full to see what's recorded? That would be a good starting point.

Last edited:
Hi Module 79L

1- you have the Loop Recording set to what time?
The loop setting is set permanently to 3 min.

2-Do you have the G-Sensor function activated?
Yes, the G-sensor is always ON but i don't think it would affect the camera since my car remains static on parking lot from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. The thing is if I manually turn ON and Off the camera every time I start and stop driving, I don't have any issue.

3-Have you ever checked the card before the camera says it's full to see what's recorded?
Actually, i always took out the card and plugged into my computer. Checked time record on each file and the size on Windows properties. I made many tests and found out that once the card is full, the camera crashed. Given I experienced the same behaviour with my Innovv C1, this is the first test on each camera I bought. Speaking about the Innovv, in the end, the manufacturer admitted that the Loop recording is not working despite the setting.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

PS: since yesterday, my G1WHT is unstable: endless ON/Off . I am probably going to replace the battery or put some good capacitor instead.

Last edited:
Hi Module 79L

1- you have the Loop Recording set to what time?
The loop setting is set permanently to 3 min.

2-Do you have the G-Sensor function activated?
Yes, the G-sensor is always ON but i don't think it would affect the camera since my car remains static on parking lot from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. The thing is if I manually turn ON and Off the camera every time I start and stop driving, I don't have any issue.

3-Have you ever checked the card before the camera says it's full to see what's recorded?
Actually, i always took out the card and plugged into my computer. Checked time record on each file and the size on Windows properties. I made many tests and found out that once the card is full, the camera crashed. Given I experienced the same behaviour with my Innovv C1, this is the first test on each camera I bought. Speaking about the Innovv, in the end, the manufacturer admitted that the Loop recording is not working despite the setting.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

PS: since yesterday, my G1WHT is unstable: endless ON/Off . I am probably going to replace the battery or put some good capacitor instead.
This behavior is very weird. Have you tried with a different card?

Unless there's some serious problem with it, I don't think a month of use would kill the battery. Remember that if you're planning on replacing it with a capacitor pack it has to be similar to the ones on the G1W-C, otherwise it won't fit inside the case. And another VERY important thing: you'll need a different firmware and you may not find one that's compatible with your camera's hardware.

I gave up on idea of getting a capacitor. I have ordered a pack of battery now. The battery is definetely dead because it couldn't hold the power more than 10 sec. Last night I hooked up the camera directly to an USB power source (after removing the internal battery). G- sensor OFF, motion detection OFF and ran overnight the Loop Recording function. Guess what? it worked!! This outcome makes me think that the faulty battery may have caused all these ****y problems. However, I am not totally convinced that the camera is stable. Sometimes, I notice a random abnormal behaviour.

I know returning it is a bit of a hassle but since it's fairly new wouldn't it be better to return the camera?

I ordered it from China through Aliexpress. Beleive me returning stuff to China from Canada is not worth it. Especially a piece like a camera. The shipping would cost the same value as the device and makes you paying double. I experienced this when I returned one of my IP Cameras.

I believe you. I just mentioned it because I thought you had bought it from a US or canadian seller.

other than G1WH series, do you know if there is any other reliable dashcam brand in the same price range?
I believe you. I just mentioned it because I thought you had bought it from a US or canadian seller.
Too expensive :)

New battery should fix the issue.
It's pretty common for batteries to die on those.

Greetings all :)

I am new to the forums. Around Oct. 2015 received a new G1WHT from GearBest.com

Model: G1WHT
Firmware: G1WHT-301-150629V01LD
SD card used: SAN DISK 32GB Class 10

Issue observed

Questions
Just wanted to chime in and give my observations.

Hi RyoS,
I have the same model as yours and I suggest you to upgrade your firmware. This thread may help you to do so: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...shadow-gt300w-1306180-and-others.5348/page-11

It's a different chip, the firmwares there won't work with it

New battery should fix the issue.
It's pretty common for batteries to die on those.
With only a month or so of use?

You're both probably right and I'm probably wrong for comparing it with the "old" G1Ws.

Yes, I agree with your observations Flighty.Angel and Module 79L. My camera can't hold a charge even after plugging it in for over an hour. Dies in like <20 secs once unplugged. And yes, I have Loop recording turned on for 2 min intervals and have tested with the other loop settings, 3 min and 5 min (I believe).

I haven't opened the camera yet to check the internals or if it possible to swap out the internal battery. I may just ending up sending it back to gearbest.com for defective battery. :(

Shame as I was beginning to like this camera.:rolleyes:

Back