G90 Ambarella A7LA30 Audio Failure

LiveTrash

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anyone else experience an audio failure on their G90? I did last year and finally got around to replacing the speaker. It was the winter time when the speaker quit on me so I'm wondering if the cold could really have done it or if it was just a bad speaker to begin with. I'm up to my first year of ownership with this camera and everything else has been great.

When I first got it the audio was very poor and an initial firmware update made it a little better. I just upgraded the firmware again that I found on the dashcamtalk site. It's crystal clear now, however a bit quieter than before. Video seems to be about the same.

Another issue that was resolved was the Orange Event Button function. Upon updating the firmware the first time, it changed the operation of it to begin reporting a new Event file after it was pressed. The way it initially functioned was that it would send the current video clip to the event folder (which is how it should work). The firmware update I just completed set its function back to the proper method of operation.

There seems to be some confusion in your post. What audio failure are you talking about? No audio when playing videos on the camera or no recorded audio?

I don't care if the camera's speaker doesn't work but I do care if the microphone doesn't work.
I almost never playback on the camera itself.

Back