Help with av out when hard wired in car

robti

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have had my camera hard wired in my car for a couple of years now and all has been working fine, now I would like to get av out to my cars head unit but all I have access to is the end of the USB cable at the fuse box end.

So is it possible for me to either connect at this end a set of av/ power cables or break into the USB cable and take off a couple of av cables.?

Thanks

Robert

Before I installed a separate reverse camera I was thinking about this very thing, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

For camera installation purposes I rigged up a small LCD monitor and battery to view the AV output from the Mobius it worked surprisingly well.

If you can find a termination diagram for the Mobius USB it should be pretty straight forward.

I was hoping to open the outer sheath of the USB at the fuse box end and splice into the cable for av and take a couple of rca leads off it, this would save me from having to rip the car to bits to connect up the mobius av cables

A standard mini USB cable has +5V connected to pin #1 of the camera's USB socket and -V (ground / earth) connected to pin #5 of the camera's mini USB socket.
On a standard mini USB plug the two center wires (Pin #2 and Pin #3) are the data lines and are only used when the camera is connected to a computer. They are not used when the camera is connected to an external power source such as car battery charger, external wall charger (mains charger), external USB power pack etc.
The camera "tests" the data lines as well as pin #4 to determine the connection type.
The camera can be operated normally using external USB power with the internal battery disconnected.
Pin #4, which is sometimes called Pin x, will switch the camera into AV-out mode (TV-Out) when connected to ground. When in AV-out mode, pin #2 carries the composite video-out signal. In addition, pin #3 carries the audio-out signal when the camera is in playback mode. When switched into AV-out mode by connecting pin #4 to ground (see above), there will be a composite video signal present on pin #2 as soon as the camera is turned on. Auto-power-off will automatically be disabled.

The table below shows all the possible cable connections. In practice you will only need max. 2 different cables. The Mobius is normally sold with a universal cable harness.

MobiusUSBPins.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DMICS Mobius 8
DMICS Mobius 27
R Mobius 6
L Mobius 1
R Mobius 56
Back