Here's a .TS firmware

Gearhead82

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Powerucc Panorama II, Mini 0801
Those who have followed the history of the Mini 0801 know that when it was first released, the developers had issues while trying to record clips in a .MOV format so they released firmware that recorded in .TS which, from what I've read, was always very stable. They later released a new .MOV version which a lot of us have had stability issues with ("low speed card" "storage error" "IO error", etc.). Some people have expressed interest in trying to revert to an older .TS firmware but none has been available. I found an 20130823 firmware on the Russian Procam CX4 website (the Russian version of the Mini 0801) which records in .TS

Try at your own risk.

Firmware here (Scroll to the bottom of the page and download the 20130823 file under the CX4 section):
http://procam.ru/files.html

After you extract the rar file, you may have to rename the firmware to firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin before copying it to the root of your memory card.

I haven't tested it extensively yet but it's working fine on my camera so far. My camera was bought from Aliexpress - Givoe and shipped with 0903 firmware installed. It has GPS but no internal storage.

A few notes about this .TS firmware:

-The camera's start-up logo is now a black and red "Procam CX4" logo
-This firmware has options to turn the startup/shutdown beep on or off
-GPS can be turned on or off
-Records in .TS format at around 15.5mbps
-The G-sensor calibration seems to work using this firmware, which was not the case with several other firmwares I've tried.

If you have to rename the file to get it to run may be a good indication that its not the correct firmware for your hardware, they set them up like this so that the incorrect versions don't get applied

If you have to rename the file to get it to run may be a good indication that its not the correct firmware for your hardware, they set them up like this so that the incorrect versions don't get applied
That makes sense. I figured I didn't have much to lose by trying it. I replaced this camera with a Panorama2 so I'm not currently using it. I figured if I can find a way to make it stable I would have the option of using it as a rear camera or selling it on eBay or something.

The TS version is stable, it may still have issues though if the hardware spec varies, the Procam models come from the original supplier of the product and the spec is generally a generation in front of those that just buy the components and assemble their own version

They are hard to brick provided you have the original version that you can roll back to

Hi guys! :)

… it's working fine on my camera so far. My camera was bought from Aliexpress - Givoe and shipped with 0903 firmware installed. It has GPS but no internal storage.

I suppose this firmware wouldn’t work on an 0801 with internal storage but otherwise identical? There wouldn’t be a menu to switch between inner and outer card?

I’m asking because my 0801 sometimes doesn’t turn on, and on other occasions I get a USB storage error message. Sigh.

Actually this firmware is meant for the internal card models. I have the "inner card/outer card" option even though my camera has no inner card.

Actually this firmware is meant for the internal card models. I have the "inner card/outer card" option even though my camera has no inner card.

Thank you, sir.

I’ll give this a whirl.

Hi Gearhead,

Thanks again for providing the download link to the earlier firmware. I’ve been using it for a week now and so far it works well. It has been stable, loops, and provides the geolocation and vehicle speed stamps.

Hi Gearhead,

Thanks again for providing the download link to the earlier firmware. I’ve been using it for a week now and so far it works well. It has been stable, loops, and provides the geolocation and vehicle speed stamps.
Good to hear! Thanks for updating with your experience. I'm currently not using my 0801 so I haven't tested it any more lately but it's nice to hear that this fw might make the camera reliable for those of us who have had issues.

Back