Just received Panorama G, somewhat underwhelmed with PQ and mount.

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

Just received my new Panorama G camera today, mounted on the short suction cup in a 2002 Nissan Maxima.

I did set the date, time and time zone and left most of everything else alone.

Setup using the 12v adapter, and it is set to I believe 3 minutes cycle.

On videos on less-than-glass-smooth roads I'm seeing a movement in the videos, corresponding to a basically up-down type.

More disconcerting is what I'd call very poor colors, and very soft focus. I tried a Cobra CDR840 and overall it has a better PQ and I know this camera should blow it out of the water in every respect. The mount was tight and the thumbnut was as well.

It has the .02 firmware.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rz4Jh2O3Yzc

lets see if it is stable on the other bracket before trying to look at focus, always hard to judge anything from YouTube as well, upload a clip to a file host if you can, www.mega.co.nz or similar is best

the video above is on the short one.

Here is the issue with the short suction mount. Everything is tight to the camera, it's the swivel that is pants. The larger suction seems to be tight as it can be.

yeah it looks like movement in the mount, if you can take some video with the large suction mount to confirm though would be good, once it's not rattling around then we can judge fous

yeah it looks like movement in the mount, if you can take some video with the large suction mount to confirm though would be good, once it's not rattling around then we can judge fous
will do tomorrow and post. Is there any way to have an embedded video from mega or is posting the URL to it the only way?

With new mount video looks stable ( no "waving" movement ).
Focus should be OK, if look at side road signs. The reason why your Cobra might give slightly better details reading is narrower lens FOV. You get objects closer, but less FOV on side. With SGZC12SG you get more side objects, but they are further away compare to Cobra.
Also, driving trough / near trees will be always difficult for most dashcams to process video. Try driving in nice sunny day trough car parking lot and see how if it's better image.
What state is this, where at 23.10 is still so light outside ?

clock isn't set right, that was about 1130 this morning Illinois. So you don't see an issue with the color or focus if I'm reading correctly?

clock isn't set right, that was about 1130 this morning Illinois. So you don't see an issue with the color or focus if I'm reading correctly?

To fully judge focus need to drive trough parking lot on nice sunny day, then can see all side and front objects ( car numberplates etc ). From that test it is much better to make conclusions.
From colours point of view I agree with you, - they are not as natural as should be and sky may be some time overexposed. This is how firmware is tuned up to balance out / compenssate night performance.

niko thanks for the thoughts here - if there is something wrong with the color like we both suspect , the focus might be a secondary issue then. Can we get pier28 in on this one for the color issue?

Back