Low profile universal suction mount for many dashcams ( incl Vico WF1 )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
NB!
ANY DIY MAY VOID WARRANTY OF THE PRODUCT !
ACT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!
....................................................................................

Long time ago I bought some "no-name" dash camera with low-profile GPS bracket, which fits for many other dashcams as well. I decided to remove GPS module and do some small DIY in order to get even closer mount to windshield. As an example I was using this time VIco WF1, but it can be also used on many other dashcams.

C1.jpg

C6.jpg

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c2.jpg

c4.jpg

Last edited:
As usual, a job well done!

niko do you happen to have any kind of eBay link for the mount. I'm wondering if because of how maneuverable this mount seems if it might be able to be used with the Marcus 3. I've been looking for an aftermarket mount that can sit at the right angle to correctly position the Marcus 1/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
niko do you happen to have any kind of eBay link for the mount. I'm wondering if because of how maneuverable this mount seems if it might be able to be used with the Marcus 3. I've been looking for an aftermarket mount that can sit at the right angle to correctly position the Marcus 1/3.

This bracket I took from other chinese model that I bought directly from china local sources and which is not sold on eBay or Ali. That was gps-bracket. I removed gps module and had to do some small DIY, but connector to dashcam body fits perfectly to Vico WF1 and many other chinese models similar to Dod LS300W.
I quoted if buy this bracket with gps separately it cost around 20-22usd + shipping. Quite expencive if just used without gps, but justified for being gps-bracket for particular model as a spare buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
For awhile I used a short 3M tape mount ball and socket bracket for a Gt300W except that I replaced the 3M tape with 3M Dual Lock tape. This allowed me to remove the bracket from the windshield but the Dual-Lock tape was very secure and free of vibration.

Back