Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
INNOVV™ C1, - See it, Touch it, Like it!
New arrival, stylish sport -action camera / dash camera / mini-camcorder

From #808 family ( #11, #16, #26, DR32 Dashcam ).​

" ABOUT " - worth to read story.

" BLOG " - history and past connection to popular Mobius action camera.

Story and Blog.jpg

Stylish luxury design, well built, Aluminium body / shell, ( interchangeable ) 4 different colours available.

Some specs:

- 1080p / 30fps / 15Mbps, 720p / 60fps
- CPU: Novatek NT96650
- CMOS: Aptina AR0330
- 6G Glass lens, diagonal 165°/ horizontal 110° / vertical angle 94°
- video: H.264, MOV, 16:9 format
- WDR, ( firmware enhanced )
- G-sensor for parking mode ( especially useful for dashcam users )
- automatic video flip 180 degree ( useful for RC users )
- 700mAh LiPo battery
- PC camera function
- 3min loop recording, continuous recording.

Full list of specifications you can see at the bottom of the post.

User Manual

Sample Videos

Online shop

Company website: www.innovv.com

a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg

Last edited:
Collection of RAW Video files:

RAW video files:

Innovv Sample video.MOV (97.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!GRg0DTgY!BdHaZThUDvWJi37SYAiXkj11b_kIzblcmxcVpGQPMmk

Innovv C1-SZ High speed rail station-02.MOV (89.8 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!XAgzURhR!X1uVkDt3_b_fAWWEbslHOhF2f-9Zh_qbmwg6QwZIgLc

Innovv C1-SZ High speed rail station-01.MOV (54.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!3IoimRyb!WdIHLFqz_sPopI2kJlKmPxT0ip97wYfpkcDP6W-Mi58

Innovv C1-Shooting at night-01.MOV (338.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!6No1TbxK!S0wfxRr5EVFulqAX_1w0hE1Uz4xESb5vWx-28N3liMY

Innovv C1-GZ High speed rail station-01.MOV (30.0 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!3BQiHLjZ!R9VXAFR2d_j4qwjNKBWd_nr3SmA18c0NmSO-oW1I7cI

Innovv C1 High Speed train.MOV (157.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!2IpXBKiA!AHMrZDR70pAOazHnrqoIGlYoPfIL0zs_Fivha9ZxP9g

Sweet! Novatek NT96650 is a good bang for the buck . I'm happy to see they keep making smaller DashCam's with it.

Just checked out the fist raw sample, impressive! This will easily give Mobius a run for it's money and seems worth the higher premium.:) At least the didn't cross the dreaded $99 mark. All the accessory options should make most people satisfied too.

Sweet! Novatek NT96650 is a good bang for the buck . I'm happy to see they keep making smaller DashCam's with it.

Just checked out the fist raw sample, impressive! This will easily give Mobius a run for it's money and seems worth the higher premium.:) At least the didn't cross the dreaded $99 mark. All the accessory options should make most people happy too.

Combination of NT96650 + AR0330 has very good potentials ( video quality and performance ). Most important is WHO and HOW can squeeze out the maximum from it. Especially firmware related tweaks ( Auto AWB, EV, etc ).
We can find these days NT96650 + AR0330 based dash cameras from 50usd up to 150usd, - most important is how each one is tuned-up ( firmware ) for best possible video result and performance.
From Innovv sample videos ( youtube and RAW files ) I can see it produces quite good quality videos and I feel Innovv is promising product ( especially if taking into consideration it's history and past relations with Mobius developers: read "about" and "blog" ), but of course all real conclusions regarding built and video quality can be made upon real in-hand tests.

We need to know how it handles heat dissipation. Mobius has 2 heat sinks and it still has problem with heat issue. I can see this Innovv is also of similar compact case but has no heat sinks or holes on the case.

We need to know how it handles heat dissipation. Mobius has 2 heat sinks and it still has problem with heat issue. I can see this Innovv is also of similar compact case but has no heat sinks or holes on the case.

I guess Aluminium body / shell works as a "heat sink" / "conductor" for heat dissipation, as long as outside temperature stays less than internal temperature.
In theory Innovv has bigger area of heat sink by having whole shell / body aluminium which is very good heat conductor. Specs say up to +65C operational temp, but of course all data can be confirmed ONLY after real tests.

This camera is an exciting development and it seems to have a lot of potential. My first reaction was to groan when I saw that it has an LED on the front of the thing but then I noticed that it uses a hardware based switch to turn it on or off rather than a menu based option. An aluminum body could be the best aspect of this camera if it sheds heat well. My other initial reaction is that there is no pilot light on the back of the unit like on the Mobius. In dash cam use, this may or may not be a problem. For example, anyone using this in the rear windshield of a vehicle would probably need a rear firing pilot light and personally I like that it works that way on my Mobius when mounted on the front windshield. Then again, this is a first iteration of this camera and if there are enough requests another pilot LED could easily be added in the back.

Looks very good. They are going after the Mobius head on with this camera. Also glad to see they are up front with the specs and they moved away from that 808 naming convention and are using a unique product name.

So if this camera is from the same manufacturer as the 808 #18, 808 #26 and DR32, I assume it is Hetai Digital Technology. Unless Hetai is just some Chinese distributor for them.

Looks interesting. It will be even more interesting when someone does a head to head test of the 2 cameras.

Agree with you. As you might notice, I like and support true head to head tests, only then we can start talking who is better. Util then we may only speculate which would be wrong.
I will try to get one Innovv and do more tests, review, etc. It looks interesting to me.

Agree with you. As you might notice, I like and support true head to head tests, only then we can start talking who is better. Util then we may only speculate which would be wrong.
I will try to get one Innovv and do more tests, review, etc. It looks interesting to me.

I hope you're good at selling your old stuff on eBay. I'd hate to think you have a closet over flowing with DashCam's from months past. :)

Looks very good. They are going after the Mobius head on with this camera. Also glad to see they are up front with the specs and they moved away from that 808 naming convention and are using a unique product name.

So if this camera is from the same manufacturer as the 808 #18, 808 #26 and DR32, I assume it is Hetai Digital Technology. Unless Hetai is just some Chinese distributor for them.

Innovv Tech Ltd is independent from HeTai, but cooperated with HeTai in the product development.
Some clues could be found from "About" and "Blog".

Nice :)

I like the bigger and more established and expensive brands get some competition

good to see some more (dash)cams coming out in a small package.
would be great if it could also have the option to do a lens extension (like the mobius has), that would please the RC community and dashcam users like me who rather don't have the entire cam on their windscreen.

Nice :)

I like the bigger and more established and expensive brands get some competition

Apparently competition leads to innovations, - hens the new brand name is INNOVVation ;)

At this point I can only make assumptions, but it seems reasonable that the Aluminum case works as a "heat sink". If so, the larger surface area should do a better job of getting rid of excess heat. One to two watts of heat over a smaller area is a lot hotter than one to two watts over a large area.

Also the metal case does a better job than plastic at cutting down of RFI (Radio Frequency Interference). RFI from a car camera has the potential of screwing up the reception of a GPS.

Did anyone notice how long this dvr would record on a single charge?

Did anyone notice how long this dvr would record on a single charge?

700mAh LiPo was one of specs I have pointed out in the intro.
No wonder it can record 80min at 1080p.

Back