Mobius standard & wide angle lens vs Innovv C1.

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,
I have put together a quick video comparison between the Mobius Standard Lens, the Mobius Wide Angle Lens, and the Innovv C1.

The RAW footage will be uploaded later, however here is the YouTube video for a quick comparison.

(it should be available as of 1:30am GMT 5th December)

Top: Innovv c1
Bottom left: Mobius Wide Angle
Bottom right: Mobius Standard Lens.

The Mobius firmware is:
Latest FW as of 4th December: 0.59.
WDR: ON

Innovv C1 firmware:
Factory - no alterations were made. Whatever FW was released on the first batch is what we have.

Both cameras are shooting at 1080dp at 30frames per second. The Innovv was silver we used.

Each camera used a 4gb microSD class 4 SanDisk card.

Any questions please ask me here or at www.JooVuu.com/support.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Thanks for posting the comparison.

I was expecting a bit more from the Innovv, it looks so "pretty" and the specs and features compare well.

early days I guess, will take them a while to get the firmware fine tuned, it's a long and arduous process unfortunately

How many manufacturers actually do release regular firmware updates/ upgrades? (It's one of the things that attracted me to the Mobius- and I can't see too many manufacturers bothering once they've got your $$$.)

How many manufacturers actually do release regular firmware updates/ upgrades? (It's one of the things that attracted me to the Mobius- and I can't see too many manufacturers bothering once they've got your $$$.)

95% I'd say none, Mobius are working on them, Innov say they will be to, lets be fair the product has only just become available

I do firmware updates all the time, I've done 12 release versions (and a lot of betas) in the last year for a product we last made a year ago jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based) so it's not like updates can't happen, we added a lot of features as well as bugfixes over the course of the year, will continue to do the same with our new products

Mobius and Innov are not dashcams as such but at least they look like doing real firmware development and realistically they're selling a cheap product, there's a lot of very expensive product that doesn't see any further development

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the color on the A lens really that much better than the B lens?

early days I guess, will take them a while to get the firmware fine tuned, it's a long and arduous process unfortunately

Makes you wonder with what firmware were the original example videos on their webpage taken with. You would think that would be the new release quality

Begs the question why was it even released with that level of video quality?
Seems like something's not right here.

Begs the question why was it even released with that level of video quality?
Seems like something's not right here.
Hi Gurkha9,
I should also point out, that the sun is incredibly harsh in these videos and some of the harshest sun/most difficult filmining conditions that the camera will be used in. The sun was so low my sun visor did not block it out. However, each camera is operating under the same circumstances.

Kind regards,

Back