Pittasoft, when will you solve our problems with the DR500?

thomaspeter

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm new here, three weeks ago I bought the above-mentioned camera. Very soon I had to realize some serious flaws of this product. Let me express it in my own words in broken English:

A nice little sophisticated product, do not use in complex environment!

Several skilled and committed members have tried to improve image quality and bit rate by creating their own firmware, which apparently works quite well.

But can that be the point of it?

I paid a lot of money for this stuff and I am expecting, that not our internet forum, but the manufacturer itself intervenes.

Pittasoft has to develop a firmware upgrade, which largely eliminates the problems of poor recording quality without affecting the reliability and (again) risking danger of overheating.

I cannot believe that it should not be possible to fulfill these demands - 44 years after the first lunar landing!

I'm also an engineer, of course not in computer science. I also have to solve daily problems and must rectify if necessary.

Why should Pittasoft not be able?

I hope to see as many answers to this thread as possible. If so, I will forward them to Pittasoft!

Yours

Thomas

Re: Pittasoft, when will you solve our problems with the DR5

my personal view is that they don't think there's anything wrong with their product, I met someone from Pittasoft last month and was discussing the product and they stood there telling me how great the product was while demo footage was playing in front of us on a large LCD, around 47" or so, the detail was very lacking, it was embarrassing to watch actually while listening to this guy tell me how great it was, I was truly amazed how in denial the guy was

Thomas, write to Pitasoft
I want to see what they you will answer :D

I quite regularly talk to Pittasoft and they do believe they have an impressive product.

I very much doubt they will increase the bitrate or anything like that due to the issues they experienced with "some" DR400 cameras and heat.

I'm on the fence buying a DR500. The custom firmware to get a higher bit rate, and special format utility to use 64gb cards is a must fot me if I get one. I'd feel more comfortable if Pittasoft came out with an official firmware that addressed both.

I have only owned my DR500 for a few weeks. At first I was angry at the video quality too. Not very good with lots of movement in the view and night video is not the best. But I think if they were to increase the bit rate, it would have cooling issues. I find that even after 45 minutes of usage, the camera is a little warm. For the size and feature, I am ok with the video quality. I have not had any other issues with the camera yet. It works good.

I don't know if I would recommend it to other people.

They should at least give us the option for max bitrate. Overheating isn't a problem in San Francisco. (average temperature all year is 60F/16C) Plus I'm in a garage most of the time.

I started out wanting a DashCam for accidents/situations, but now I plan on using it to capture touring around the city with friends and special events. I'd like the full quality this camera is capable of. (best of both worlds) There is plenty of space for full bitrate captures if we use 64GB cards as well.

People seem to be pretty happy with the custom firmware, so I'll probably give it a shot. (along with using a 64GB card) I'm still not ready to order yet until I think it over a few more days. I actually have a DVR-207GS on the way (will most likely return it unopened), and discovered the DR500GW in a negative review thread saying they are getting the DR500 instead. After comparing the videos of quality difference of 207's 702P compressed vs DR500's 1080P full bitrate, it's pretty clear the extra money is worth it. 500 is so much smaller, and wifi features are the icing on the cake.

I know companies have to make smart business decisions if something is going to cause over heating, but this is right on the fence. (and doesn't even effect everyone I'm sure, only extra hot climates)

Work exposure DR500GW satisfied with you?
Ask for pitasoft and exposure. ;)

We are in their firmware 1.1.0S already have corrected the exposition :D

B20RRL said:
I quite regularly talk to Pittasoft and they do believe they have an impressive product.

I very much doubt they will increase the bitrate or anything like that due to the issues they experienced with "some" DR400 cameras and heat.

my impression is also that they don't see any fault in their product

Mio said:
Work exposure DR500GW satisfied with you?
Ask for pitasoft and exposure. ;)

We are in their firmware 1.1.0S already have corrected the exposition :D

Hey Mio, I think the language translation didn't work quite right. Say again? :) :?:

I'm not sure what you mean by asking pitasoft for "exposure" I'm trying to think how that word could have been translated from something else but nothing comes to mind.

Are you saying an official firmware 1.1 is available today that corrects the bitrate?
I thought the latest official firmware out was v1.005E(2013_0315)
http://dashcamtalk.com/blackvue-dr500gw-hd/#Firmware

I'm hoping maybe you mean you're coming out with an unofficial firmware that adds GUI controlled bitrate. (and possibly native 64GB formatting/support?)

Last edited by a moderator:

1.1.0 - is a custom firmware, we have corrected the work exposure
pitasoft do nothing will
To fit the 64 flashcards, you need hardware support
Software will not help

Mio said:
1.1.0 - is a custom firmware, we have corrected the work exposure
pitasoft do nothing will
To fit the 64 flashcards, you need hardware support
Software will not help

I'm glad we have talented people on this forum to work on custom firmware's then.
It sounds like you're not done innovating yet with the new 1.1 I'm looking forward to hearing what you accomplished.
What do you mean by "work exposure" ? I think that's another failed translation :)

Good to know on the hardware limitation, I'll just use the special utility to format 64GB cards then.

JazJon You like the way the DVR at sharp change conditions light/dark, shade/sun?
We used the work of the sensor
The Koreans did not use it at all

JazJon said:
Good to know on the hardware limitation
if the reader recorder supports cards SDHХ, I think maybe do the formatting registrar

Mio said:
JazJon You like the way the DVR at sharp change conditions light/dark, shade/sun?

Nice, Sounds like a good enhancement.! It's a shame when included technology goes unused. I'm all for maximizing this thing to it's full potential.

Mio said:
JazJon said:
Good to know on the hardware limitation
if the reader recorder supports cards SDHХ, I think maybe do the formatting registrar

All I know is, you can only use the built in camera formatting for cards 32GB and smaller.

When I get mine I want to buy a 64GB card and will format it using this PC app:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=607&hilit=64gb&start=10#p5965
http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=DQ3 ... VARKCpQ%3D
"And use the cluster size 32 kB (32768 B)"

Is that the best way to do it? If so, I wonder if it would work with 128GB cards too?

I'm not sure what you mean by "registrar" in relation to the formatting by the way. "A registrar is an official keeper of records made in a register"

Mio said:

other Korean manufacturers are using the same spec hardware as Pittasoft and don't have half the problems they do, it doesn't surprise me that they have not utilized the functionality available in this hardware

sorry - registrar --> DVR ;) :)

I wonder what Pittasoft would think of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNv0IK ... ata_player

I think if they had a higher quality dashcam playing next to the low bit rate quality the DR500HD produces, it may cause them to wake up... It's a shame they don't listen to their customers, since the design is the best I've seen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

IHMO one solution - don't buy this expensive crap ;)
buy fe. DOD LS300W for 140$ from ali or for 200$+ for local shop.
Most expensive cams not always is the best

Back