Power Magic Pro with DR550GW - Please, Please any advice?

Crook battery or alternator If you drive at night do the headlights dim at the same time as the camera stops
With Summer here, I hardly drive during the night, but will try this!

With Summer here, I hardly drive during the night, but will try this!

Thinking sideways you could do it in a garage with the door shut or get a mate to stand in front during the day.

Jeez

Ok had a try, from what I see no effect on the headlights when the camera turns off. I have changed the permanent and acc wires to different fuses and still the same issue. As soon as I slow down or stop it turn off, as soon as a speed up and get moving it starts up again.

Ok had a try, from what I see no effect on the headlights when the camera turns off. I have changed the permanent and acc wires to different fuses and still the same issue. As soon as I slow down or stop it turn off, as soon as a speed up and get moving it starts up again.

What I meant was when you come to a stop or slow right down do the headlights dim. Its not if the camera affects the lights Rather the car affecting the camera.

The only thing that will cause it to turn off is either a bad connection or low voltage.

If it was mine I would get a long bit of wire and attach it direct to the + terminal of the battery and see what happens.

Despite the dealer saying the battery is Ok I would say it isnt or else the alternator is not charging it enough.

If it still does it when you run it like that, the last method is to put it in another car and see if it does it

If not there is something wrong with the charging circuit in your car or its the fuses you have it connected to

What I meant was when you come to a stop or slow right down do the headlights dim. Its not if the camera affects the lights Rather the car affecting the camera.

The only thing that will cause it to turn off is either a bad connection or low voltage.

If it was mine I would get a long bit of wire and attach it direct to the + terminal of the battery and see what happens.

Despite the dealer saying the battery is Ok I would say it isnt or else the alternator is not charging it enough.

If it still does it when you run it like that, the last method is to put it in another car and see if it does it

If not there is something wrong with the charging circuit in your car or its the fuses you have it connected to

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated, the headlights do not dim when I stop or slow down.

Next on my list is to run a wire, I have found a decent enough temp route, just need the wire now, what type of wire can I use?

Then after that will have to try t in my dads car.

Mate if I have to tell you what sort of wire to use perhaps you shouldn't be playing with it.

A piece of 4.8mm automotive wire will do

Perhaps you should try it in another car first it will prove if the fault is with the car or the camera

Last edited:
Mate if I have to tell you what sort of wire to use perhaps you shouldn't be playing with it.

A piece of 4.8mm automotive wire will do

Perhaps you should try it in another car first it will prove if the fault is with the car or the camera
Thanks I know what type of wire to use, is getting my hands on it easily is the problem, so looking at alternatives instead.

I have wired subs and amps, dvd systems in cars before, so do not worry.

Thanks I know what type of wire to use, is getting my hands on it easily is the problem, so looking at alternatives instead.

I have wired subs and amps, dvd systems in cars before, so do not worry.

Wasnt what you said was it " have found a decent enough temp route, just need the wire now, what type of wire can I use?"

Made me wonder

Sorry worded all wrong, will give it a try today and update.

Back