Samsung PRO Endurance high endurance Micro SD cards

5 years warrantee at a decent bitrate, now that is a lot better than the competition:
Continuous recording up to 25x longer than speed-focused cards¹ gives you long-lasting, best-in-class endurance up to 43,800 hours (5 years), based on Full HD (1920x1080) video content recorded at 26 Mbps

Only 72 hours immersed in seawater though!

I emailed Samsung just to see what NAND they use and got a reply that it's TLC.

I'm surprised they told you, not something they normally want to talk about
Really? I emailed Western Digital about their new High Endurance card too and got a response as well. I really don't get caught up in the MLC vs TLC debate as I research to see what card being used has been successful (i.e. Samsung EVO Select which isn't MLC).

If my maths is correct then the warrantee is for 4000 write cycles (for all card sizes). A few years ago TLC was only giving 1000, and most of the competitors are still only giving 1000 write cycles warrantee on their "high endurance" cards. So this is genuine high endurance memory and while it may be TLC, as all Samsung SD cards seem to be now, it will be 3D TLC NAND. Given the lack of 256GB or 512GB high endurance cards, possibly the card has 4x the specified cells, and they are swapped out as they reach their normal 1000 write cycle wear limit to give 4x the life.

Good news , about time , better speeds and warranty than SanDisk High Endurance .

Maybe the card to have , time and compatibility will tell .

"Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card with Adapter" at Amazon.
For what purpose is Adapter?
I'm very new to all of this. I'm doing lots of research before I purchase Dash Cam & 128GB card. My Lexus got rear-ended 2 weeks ago and is in body shop awaiting parts & repair. Fortunately, other driver was at fault and his insurance will have to cover all costs (including rental car), but don't want to risk any more nasty surprises without as much "protection" as possible.
Regards from Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Evenstar

Thank you kindly for your prompt reply. I presume, then, that adaptor is not required if I just plan to use it in the Dash Cam?
Regards,
Evenstar.

It hasn't been long at all I realize, but I ordered the 128gb version of this card the day I posted this thread and have had it installed in my A119 Pro since May 4th. Should I run into any problems with it, I'll post here.

It hasn't been long at all I realize, but I ordered the 128gb version of this card the day I posted this thread and have had it installed in my A119 Pro since May 4th. Should I run into any problems with it, I'll post here.
Hmm, that could be in 5 years time, or maybe you don't record 24/7 and it will be a lot longer ?

Hmm, that could be in 5 years time, or maybe you don't record 24/7 and it will be a lot longer ?

5 years, sooner, later... I’m just offering to share any problems I may run into as long as I continue using this particular card, that’s all.

That's strange, as this is what they say on their website:
Samsung’s new PRO Endurance memory cards have been specially designed to stand up to these devices’ rigorous workloads, delivering up to five years (43,800 hours)1 of full HD video. Each memory card benefits from advanced Samsung technologies, including the 64-layer, 256GB MLC V-NAND, as well as an exclusive controller and firmware, to offer the industry’s highest level of endurance. This allows users to record hours-long full HD and 4K video – at sequential read and write speeds of 100MB/s and 30MB/s, respectively – without fear of data loss.

That's strange, as this is what they say on their website:
That's interesting since there's not even a 256GB card listed on their website. Maybe the 256GB card will eventually be released and is the exception while all smaller cards are TLC.

That's interesting since there's not even a 256GB card listed on their website. Maybe the 256GB card will eventually be released and is the exception while all smaller cards are TLC.
I did suggest in post #6 that the 128GB card may make use of 256GB V-NAND chips to achieve the specified number of write cycles. I suspect the "MLC" is either incorrect or the 'M' is being used for "Multi-" rather than "Bi-" and so also covers TLC ("Tri-").

I suspect there's a typo in the news release, the hours specified are for the 128gb card also

I just got my 128 GB today and put it into a DR900S-2CH. Will post how it holds up in there. I've been using a 128 GB Blackvue SD card in a DR750S-2CH but I've been experiencing crashes where the Wifi won't respond and the camera stops recording. I'm not sure if it's the Blackvue SD card (~6 months old) or the 1.006 firmware of the 750S

Back