Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

I didn't know what "ELF Linux Executable for DirectUSB" meant

the elf versions of a firmware are the same firmware but have to be loaded via a computer program, these versions are useful if you've bricked your hardware and need to restore

Video colours gone loopy! Noticed the other day (before the screen went dark) that the colours looked loopy. Pulled the card hoping it was just the built in screen - no luck. Below is a image of whats being recorded, any ideas how to fix this?

2ly4vsx.jpg

most likely a hardware fault

That's what I was thinking :( . Only good thing is that because the GPS unit is built into the base I can save $10 and order the less expensive camera (sigh).

Last edited:
Well, after receiving the wrong SD card (they sent me a Sandisk 32GB Class 10, rather than the advertised Class 6). I used it for a bit and it was out of sync too but seemed to work fine otherwise (I don't think I filled it though).

Anyway, I ordered a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card as they're highly recommended to avoid the Class 10 issues... First time it's filled up (500-600MB free) it's stopped recording. I was driving and heard the turn off chime, turned it back on and started recording, then 1:01 later (looking at recorded video) it stopped again. My loop setting is set to 1 minute so I assume this is the loop overwrite issue associated with Class 10 cards. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

[edit]
Running the standard 20140308 firmware.

Last edited:
Just to let people know that i still havn't received replacement cam from givoe.
I send my deffective one the 02 january.
They took more than one month to collect the parcel.:(
One more month to send one replacement.:confused:
And now,it seems to have problem with china post and product with battery inside : :mad: RC643885566CN
So be warned. Do not buy items on aliexpress (and givoe). Aftersale service is a joke.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as well. My support questions and replacement went smoothly with Givoe last year.

I plan on giving outstanding customer service at RoadCam now that I'm "in the business" :)

Hi, I have a question for you. Which of the registrars will be original:

663314552_079.jpg

663314553_393.jpg

Is this the second
HT1uL1XFONdXXagOFbXk.jpg

HT1xw9bFPXcXXagOFbXv.jpg

Ok., thank you.

You have a proven seller on aliexpress?

Last edited:
Well, after receiving the wrong SD card (they sent me a Sandisk 32GB Class 10, rather than the advertised Class 6). I used it for a bit and it was out of sync too but seemed to work fine otherwise (I don't think I filled it though).

Anyway, I ordered a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card as they're highly recommended to avoid the Class 10 issues... First time it's filled up (500-600MB free) it's stopped recording. I was driving and heard the turn off chime, turned it back on and started recording, then 1:01 later (looking at recorded video) it stopped again. My loop setting is set to 1 minute so I assume this is the loop overwrite issue associated with Class 10 cards. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

[edit]
Running the standard 20140308 firmware.

I have exactly the same problem as you, using the same card but it only records one loop now before it turns off (I've set mine to 3 minutes). I'd appreciate any possible solutions to the problem.

I have exactly the same problem as you, using the same card but it only records one loop now before it turns off (I've set mine to 3 minutes). I'd appreciate any possible solutions to the problem.

Try a class 4 card - this was the solution for me. (I use a class 4 Kingston 16GB microSD)

Just saw on FoxOffer the the 8GB model is now cheaper compared to the one without internal memory?
I can assume FoxOffer has the real 0801, right?

Just saw on FoxOffer the the 8GB model is now cheaper compared to the one without internal memory?
I can assume FoxOffer has the real 0801, right?

If you want to take a look, we now have the Mini 0801 on sale for CAD$79.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just formatted the card with the camera again and it's been fine since... I'm sure it'll fail again but I've just been checking that it's recording every couple of days to make sure.

I finally received my cam. And guess what! GPS is not working.
GIVOE is a bad, bad,bad seller. Their Aftersale service is a joke. Be warned!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back