Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

I finally received my cam. And guess what! GPS is not working.
GIVOE is a bad, bad,bad seller. Their Aftersale service is a joke. Be warned!

That's very disappointing. When I posted in April that my video colours had gone loopy, replacing it under warranty never crossed my mind. Despite your experience the fact that I bought it in October 13 and it only worked for 6 months makes me mad so I'm going to request a warranty exchange.

Since it might take 6 months or more to get that exchange unit I've contacted one of the sellers on the forum to buy a new unit.

3 emails to GIOVE and not 1 response.

nuxator said it best "GIVOE is a bad, bad,bad seller. Their Aftersale service is a joke".

Very annoyed at my 0801... I had an incident yesterday and just plugged my 0801 into my computer to retrieve the video but the last thing recorded was the 18th of July! The rubbish camera hasn't been recording for nearly 4 weeks. I thought I'd fixed the loop problem months ago as it worked for ages. This time no beeps or warnings, just seemed to be operating as usual. 446MB left on the card so it thinks it's full and just stopped.

Using 5 min increments, video + audio, 20140308 firmware and Samsung 32GB class 6 card as recommended.

[edit]
My rage may have been premature... I put the camera back in the car and it didn't turn on at all so I found out the power supply was not plugged in properly. I guess no beeps or warnings because it wasn't on! haha. All plugged in now and will give it a few days to see if it starts loop recording.

Last edited:
Hello,
just wanted to share my method of mounting the mini 0801 camera.

The reasons why I decided to make it removable:
- in the summer the camera will literally melt inside the closed car
- to not attract thieves

I used:
1) dual lock fastener - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1717277153392) a piece of double side sticking pad - this is to adjust the camera to be perfectly horizontal.
3) mini usb adapter 90deg, left angle - https://www.ebay.com/itm/111585330123

Last edited:
Well it looks like my 801 has finally given up,

The battery will no longer hold a charge and I am constantly getting No Card Errors etc. It will start to record then stop and just power off.

Are the batteries replaceable? The screen and camera still seem to work fine. I might just take it a part for the heck of it but it looks like A newer model will be in order. The Mini 801 has given me a good 3-4 years of service so can't complain at all

Well it looks like my 801 has finally given up,

The battery will no longer hold a charge and I am constantly getting No Card Errors etc. It will start to record then stop and just power off.

Are the batteries replaceable? The screen and camera still seem to work fine. I might just take it a part for the heck of it but it looks like A newer model will be in order. The Mini 801 has given me a good 3-4 years of service so can't complain at all

did you keep your 0801 out of the car during summer heat?

Yup it stayed in the car 24/4 pretty much unless I was taking in to get videos off off. Not complaining or anything. Its been a great cam and I plan on order the newer model. Even down herein the Georgia Heat it did great

Yup it stayed in the car 24/4 pretty much unless I was taking in to get videos off off. Not complaining or anything. Its been a great cam and I plan on order the newer model. Even down herein the Georgia Heat it did great
I would avoid leaving it in the summer heat, some guys reported that the plastic even melted.
I think one of the causes yours died - is summer heat.

When you get your new mini, you can try a removable mount rather than a permanent that comes in the box.
So you will be able to remove it and avoid high temperatures. It should last longer.

See my mount - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ra-post-your-pictures.502/page-29#post-156221
or this one (with tripod mount) - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ra-post-your-pictures.502/page-30#post-168415

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back