Voice recording has to be turned off manually

Messageinabottle

Reaction score
When I start driving all conversation etc is recorded until I turn the voice record on /off by using the sensor on the end of the camera ( DR500GW-HD ). I have been into the SD card settings and the voice record setting is on OFF. I have also tried turning off all vocal announcements except for the warning that Blackvue is starting / stopping normal recording. I like it confirmed that the camera is starting / stopping. I have also got the parking motion detector on its lowest sensitivity setting but it still keeps recording everything even though there is no obvious motion in front of the camera.
I have put my SD cards into the camera and done a re-format but it still makes no difference. I can live with this voice recording issue but as it is a tiny bit annoying does anyone have any tips about what else I could try please ?

Did you "Save and exit" at the bottom of the screen or have you got the screen resolution set to such that it doesn't show. Mine is like that and I have to set the monitor display settings back to 100%

You should do these settings as well as formatting using the correct SD formatter program in a computer to be sure they work.

Yes I know you can do it on the camera but take the advice.

Did you "Save and exit" at the bottom of the screen or have you got the screen resolution set to such that it doesn't show. Mine is like that and I have to set the display settings back to 100%

You should do these settings as well as formatting using the correct SD formatter program in a computer to be sure they work.

Yes I know you can do it on the camera.

Yes I did the save and exit and then went back into the settings to make sure that they were still what I wanted. I then did another
save and exit.

If you arent on the latest firmware upgrade and try it Havent ever had that trouble with settings You are using a PC to do it arent you Or a phone, which doesnt always work

Last edited:
Hi, well I re download the firmware DR500GW-HD_v2.002E(2014.05.12)_Window.zip [16551]. I re-did the card, put it into the camera and did
a re format. It did that and said it was initialising and then blackvue was starting normal recording. I waited a few seconds then operated the voice
on voice off via the camera and have just plugged it back into my computer to see what happened.
Result I am sorry to say is exactly the same as per my original post.

What does the "Reset" button do ? Would operating that help ?

Last edited:
You are not reading what I wrote

1 Put the card in the computer

2 Download the SDformatter program and format the card

3 Load the firmware onto it and open the Blackvue application

4 Do the settings and save

5 Put the card in the camera and let it do its thing. Dont format it in camera

Doing things in the camera is NOT the best way of doing it believe me. Despite what the manual says

Last edited:
If you put firmware on the card and put it in camera and formatted it you would end up with the camera replacing what was originally on the card back on it. It would wipe what was on the card and put the version that was in the camera back on the card. Do what i said above

Well that worked well - not.

I now need a new SD card as this one isn't recognised by the camera anymore.
Well y you are doing something wrong as my card has had that doen to it countless time and is still working after 2 years

How many gigs is the card

Card will still be Ok its just formatted incorrectly probably

Download this and use it https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Then load firmware following instructions carefully

Back