VOTE: Panorama G (Alternative Suction Cup Mount Testing) ((& 3M Adhesive Brackets!))

Which Alternative Suction-Cup Mount is the best fit for the new Panorama G?

• Bracket #1 (the OEM default)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
EDIT: There are many more choices than the original 4 since I first created this poll. Scroll down to see.

Hey, so as many of you know the new Panorama G is now available. The GPS bump on top will make your Panorama hang a bit lower than the Panorama S. The 3M Sticky Bracket mount is usually the best first choice since it's the shirt and the most stable long term.

There is a need to use suction cups though in rental cars or people that move car to car often etc. For this reason it's important we find the shortest and most stable suction cup mount possible. We ordered a few 3rd party samples to test and wanted to get some feedback.

My conclusion is Bracket #4 is the shortest but questionable longevity of swivel action, but Bracket #3 is probably the most stable and flexible option. Both are much shorter then the factory default bracket #1.

From Left to Right, Bracket 1, 2, 3, 4
MoK8eiBl.jpg

Bracket #1 (big clear suction)
(Current Factory Default, slightly bigger suction version of #2)

Bracket #2 (smaller black suction)
CHUTuuW.jpg

Bracket #3: (vertical/back window compatible)
s72uv9T.jpg

Bracket #4 (short + swivel action)
UMuzcOK.jpg

EDIT:
Now Available! (PANOGSK)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321493779834

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it is a bracket that is compatible with the rear view mirror mount that would be nice. I'm guessing they all feature the same slot deign? I've never see the top of a Panorama but bracket 2 seems to be the same kind of slot.

As long as it is a bracket that is compatible with the rear view mirror mount that would be nice. I'm guessing they all feature the same slot deign? I've never see the top of a Panorama but bracket 2 seems to be the same kind of slot.

#3 is the best choice for vertical back windows (#1 and #2 is a no go)

yta5ysug.jpg

Looks to be so. Thanks for the shot. I don't know how other drivers feel, but being able to swap a G1W, and everything Vico makes along with the Panorama it seems as well is really great. I wish more cameras would use the T slot design. It was a bit of a let down that the G90 uses something different.

To get back on topic. I like 4 because of its size, but my G1W came with one that looked like 4 and it sat a little slanted. I'm sure yours will be of better quality though. I like the suction cup being black on the other one though. might make someone who glances think it is part of the dot matrix of the car.

I think I've got one of those #2 ones here - it's very similar to what the DOD type cameras I have use.

#4 looks like it would be useful on my car due to the long sloping windscreen it has!

In theory #1 should hold strongest, it has bigger suction area, but its all about rubber quality and suction contact force to surface.

#4 biggest drawback is not tight contact to the t-slot because it does not have lever that others do, rotatable point is also not fully tight. Those two points creating a slightly lose contact and there for can have vibrations.

#2 is most common and proven to be reliable.

#3 has advantage of double ball joint giving a mounting flexibility advantage.

The only thing worries me on #3 is how steady it is to vabrations ? Because the more joints - the more its have risk of vibrating.

I would recommend you to do side by side test on bumpy road between #2 and #3.

Or the best if you do all 4 brackets side by side test at same time driving on bumpy road and only then can compare which one is good and which is not ;)

Last edited:
#2 Black less noticeable
#4 only if Modified with long T connector.

Also #4 if Modified with long T connector for
more secure connection, can be used with their party 3M mounts just need to remove suction part and we have short 3M connector with 360 rotation. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
#2 Black less noticeable
#4 only if Modified with long T connector.

Also #4 if Modified with long T connector for
more secure connection, can be used with their party 3M mounts just need to remove suction part and we have short 3M connector with 360 rotation. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, there are many ways to modify but I guess most of buyers wants ready out of box mount without any DIY job.

Most low profile suction mount solution I found from one rare model I had year ago, modyfied a little bit and it can be used on whole range of all t-type bracket mount dashcams.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...n-mount-for-many-dashcams-incl-vico-wf1.5199/

I'm partial to #2 because of the black suction cup but also the ball and joint design. As I live in a jurisdiction that requires a state inspection sticker right behind an below the rear view mirror in the "dash cam sweet spot", the original Panorama straight ahead only mount has always been a deal breaker unless I make a DIY mount.

Hey RoadCam, as you grow your business, the need for a decent mount will continue to exist. Have you considered the idea of coming up with an improved design that you could have fabricated in China and sell in the after market? For all the mounts that are out there, a really good one with stealth and vibration resistance has been sorely needed.

Last edited:
Hey RoadCam, as you grow your business, the need for a decent mount will continue exist. Have you considered the idea of coming up with an improved design that you could have fabricated in China and sell in the after market? For all the mounts that are out there, a really good one with stealth and vibration resistance has been sorely needed.

For sure, as we grow bigger and can meet MOQ we are ready to make waves providing over the top best of the best well thought out everything :) We'll continue welcoming crowd sourced direct feedback here as well.

This whole vote thread is getting out of whack with all the new choices, but oh well. We have new 3M choices! I don't have them here to test yet though.

A:
JBmikNa.jpg

B:
pGArqKW.jpg

C:
mncVIzk.jpg

D:
SSg0PCt.jpg

E:
Az3e5f4.jpg

Suction cups options #7 look really short... great!

3M with A and E option looks great! Really short. I can't tell the difference between both options from the angle of the pics, but the shorter the better.

B looks interesting, but I don't know if it's shorter than A and E.

What I personally have wished for, is for the camera not to hang from the windshield. I want it as close as possible not to get in the way or reduce visibility.

3M options are what I look for, since they never fall with the heat (I live in Costa Rica and some suction cups are not good enough).

Some people exchange the camera between cars, so a suction cup is better for them.

The ball holder is good, but it normally hangs lower than desired.

The hinge type is really short, but you can stanilize only one angle in most of them

Two hinge? I don't see any advantage from them.

Anyways, no option is perfect, we all are looking for different things and all have different needs.

EDIT> BTW, B option would make the camera look to the left or right of my car. I don't know if there is a change where the camera would face

Last edited:
If dashcam need to be attached / detached on daily bases, but you want to keep mount in car on windscreen, then I must say in real life you facing few challenges:
It is not convenient and in most cases non-practical to detach / attach it via t-slot. It is hard to slide in and out. Yeah, it's because of tight fitments and over some time fitment ( slide in and out ) become more smooth, but then there is a drawback: the smoother slide in / out, - the less tight bracket holds inside t-slot resulting in vibrations.
So, if you need attach / detach dashcam on daily bases, there are pros and cons if you plan to leave any mount ( suction or 3-M ) in car and detach dashcam via t-slot. In this case using suction cup solution is better, because you can remove whole unit along with suction cup mount, this way you do not "disturb" tight fitment of bracket into t-slot. But here is again dilemma: each time you want to re-attach dashcamera, you need to aim it, unless you buy suction cup base, attach it to windshiel and mark the sweet spot which will correspond with dashcam bracket mount "sweet spot" marking.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...=&initiative_id=SB_20140722221320&isPremium=y

F Y I
My rear dashcam uses a clear suction cup mount. Over the 6 months it's been in place the mechanism locking the suction cup in place has noticibly loosened. To the extent that I've just to insert a couple of 3M double sided strips between the cup & black plastic, just to make it semi stable again. given that this is at best a temporary solution, I've ordered a small selection of aliexpress 3M sticky holders to try.

F Y I
My rear dashcam uses a clear suction cup mount. Over the 6 months it's been in place the mechanism locking the suction cup in place has noticibly loosened. To the extent that I've just to insert a couple of 3M double sided strips between the cup & black plastic, just to make it semi stable again. given that this is at best a temporary solution, I've ordered a small selection of aliexpress 3M sticky holders to try.
I forgot about this.
While not totally DashCam related the screen for my rear back up camera that I have had for about 8 months witch is about the size of a GPS with a suction cupped holder that looks like a Garmin GPS cradle has had a similar issue.

It has gotten so hot that the locking tab and mechanism has completely separated to the point the tab is free swinging and it no longer stays in place. Something else to consider when looking at a suction cup mount.

Back