Well I have given up on the DR550GW. I have gone and bought a Mini 0801.

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
Well I as of tomorrow will be the holder of the Mini 0801. I am going to run it beside the DR550GW camera and next time i post a video I will put them up together at the same time. I ordered today before the next day shipping deadline. I have ordered the GPS model with No internal memory but a 32Gb Card. My cards taken a Major Bashing and I have only had a a month. Hope the new cameras stable.

If i like the Mini 0801 I will be selling the DR550GW or sending it back for a partial refund or something. If they fix the DR550GW I will keep it. however after all the near misses I have while parked recovering people in the rain I cant afford to miss the action.

Amazon fast delivery. Arrived at 10 this morning. Camera powers on but now I am waiting for my digital fujifilm sl1000 to charge then I am going to start recording a hd quick guide and have a play on the bench.

Then I will test drive it with the dr550gw and see the difference.

Video won't be ready until my new PC arrives as I want to use it for the video editing and capture the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope the mini 0801 camera is the only camera in my car my blackvue is removed waiting for photos and eBay.

what was your issue with the blackvue? was it just failing?
Not failing as such. It was more the rear camera going off but I open my boot 20 or 30 times a day and it's a full glass boot. The other issues I can't live with is the firmwares. The version 2.001 seemed a lot more stable but I got sick after version 1.114 crashed all the time.

In true form for me the only times I thought that was a near big crash the camera didn't have the footage and it wasn't the near impact the camera always seemed to have frozen the a few hours before.

That was with version 1.### version 2.001 was quite stable never lost the back camera. But the time and date kept jumping to 2034 etc. Version 2.002 that's the one installed now seems to be fine used it for a good six weeks and it never crashed once the date also now stays the same.

Just lost confidence and I want individual cameras or two micro sd cards in a dual camera.

Hope that answers your question. I have a similar problem with my home cctv every time someone comes into the garden and runs off with something it's the day the cameras were off because of some child switching it off or because I was moving my room around.

Thanks for the response.

I am running V2.002 and have not had any issues with this version so I am hoping it stays that way ... :)

As I say it's like a different camera after the second version of the software came out but I want to try other cameras out anyway. Always looking for the next review but need to be a little more financially safe before I spend £300 on a dash camera again.

Well Well I am no longer a Blackvue Dashcam owner. What to buy with the £300 I have in my bank...

Well Well I am no longer a Blackvue Dashcam owner. What to buy with the £300 I have in my bank...
You can buy 6 brand new Mini 0801 dashcams for what you sold your old dashcam for and still have some cash left. Was the DR550GW 6 times better?

Sort of a silly question, but although I can see that you very quickly loose a lot from going cheaper than an 0801, I find it very hard to judge what you gain from the more expensive cameras without actually trying them all out...

been meaning to get rid of my Blackvue DR500GW for some time now, now the mini 0803 is out can't see me holding on for much further

Back