GT450W WDR F1.6 Shadow-Tec by TioTech dash cam

For the installation into your car, are there any clips that are used to route the USB power cable from the visor to the a-pillar and eventually to a lighter socket?

PiCASSiMO said:
For the installation into your car, are there any clips that are used to route the USB power cable from the visor to the a-pillar and eventually to a lighter socket?

There are no clips coming in the basic set, but you can buy them. However the best is just to run power cable under the liner via A pillar into the cigarette lighter or into the fuse box. Its fairly easy job.

niko said:
PiCASSiMO said:

There are no clips coming in the basic set, but you can buy them. However the best is just to run power cable under the liner via A pillar into the cigarette lighter or into the fuse box. Its fairly easy job.

Where can I buy these clips? I've looked for them everywhere, but with no luck. I have a Valentine One radar detector that I'm also using and dangling the cable straight down in the middle of my car.

PiCASSiMO said:
niko said:
PiCASSiMO said:

Where can I buy these clips? I've looked for them everywhere, but with no luck. I have a Valentine One radar detector that I'm also using and dangling the cable straight down in the middle of my car.

Check on Ali, for sure you will find:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... sPremium=y

Last edited by a moderator:
Here I have youtube video gt450W vs DOD LS300W. Not sure if previously uploaded to "daylimotion" will be better or not.

ls300w very slight sharper picture quality.

GeorgesNJR said:

Comparing raw files on PC screen I did not see any difference. Maybe you see it because of youtube compression + video editing soft when I was putting 2 files together ? But it not that important, overall video quality effect is the same day and night. It's just a form factor difference. Somebody dont mind slightly bigger design like ls300w, but for those looking for smaller dash cam, - gt450w is a good choice.

what, no way. The top is way clearer. You can see license plates definitely a couple frames earlier on the top one than the bottom. Nothing major, but I did read that the LS are just GT's that have ~12mb/s bitrate instead of 15+ like GT's do (I assume some different processing, could be firmware though).

The cheapest GT450w I can find right now is on aliexpress @ $99.70 A$2C

Seems all the GTs are about that price. There's a few LS for ~$70 but seem to be lower bitrate/quality video. Plus the 450 is tiny.

what, no way. The top is way clearer. You can see license plates definitely a couple frames earlier on the top one than the bottom. Nothing major, but I did read that the LS are just GT's that have ~12mb/s bitrate instead of 15+ like GT's do (I assume some different processing, could be firmware though).

The cheapest GT450w I can find right now is on aliexpress @ $99.70 A$2C

Seems all the GTs are about that price. There's a few LS for ~$70 but seem to be lower bitrate/quality video. Plus the 450 is tiny.

Ls300W, LS400, LS400W, - they all have 15Mbps, same as GT300W, GT350W, GT450W, GT550W, GT680w as well. Also G1W, G2W. They all record at 15Mbps.

Look-a-like range range like VF300W, LS650W, - they have 12Mbps

Givoe NEUTRAL LS300W has their own product code 244/2227
http://www.givoe.com/en/products/Su...LS300W-Best-Dashcam-supports-WDR-Full-HD.html
Foxoffer call it VF300W
They both advertise it as NEUTRAL.
So do not confuse with original LS300W, or original GT300W.

Edited: Not GT650W, >>> LS650W. ( it also has 12Mbps )

Ls300W, LS400, LS400W, - they all have 15Mbps, same as GT300W, GT350W, GT450W, GT550W, GT680w as well. Also G1W, G2W. They all record at 15Mbps.

Look-a-like range range like VF300W, LS650W, - they have 12Mbps

Givoe NEUTRAL LS300W has their own product code 244/2227
http://www.givoe.com/en/products/Su...LS300W-Best-Dashcam-supports-WDR-Full-HD.html
Foxoffer call it VF300W
They both advertise it as NEUTRAL.
So do not confuse with original LS300W, or original GT300W.

Edited: Not GT650W, >>> LS650W. ( it also has 12Mbps )

GT680W uses a bit rate of 15?

Another forum member said 12.5, check GT300w,ls300w price difference.

I am sure gt300w and ls300w average bit rate is 15Mbps

Yeah, but what about GT680W? Does it have a bit rate of 15 or 12 Mbps?

Its should be 15Mbps but I will confirm it in w680w thread after I receive it within a week.

Wait, what is the G1W/G2W? They sell for only ~$50, is that the same thing as the gt300,etc?

So basically, avoid anything that says 'neutral' or sold by 'givoe' (i see aliexpress, those cheap $72 ones were sold by 'givoe').

Lets address other dash camera models related questions in specific threads, not here. I see its getting too long and messy mixing too many other models into gt450w thread.

I will add GT680W info last time here in this thread, just to "close down" discussion on dash camera which is not from this thread.

GT680W has average bit-rate 12.5Mbps,
I have added raw video files in its thread along with bit-rate info:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/shadow-gt680w.2311/page-2#post-25824
I will add GT680W info last time here in this thread, just to "close down" discussion on dash camera which is not from this thread.

GT680W has average bit-rate 12.5Mbps,
I have added raw video files in its thread along with bit-rate info:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/shadow-gt680w.2311/page-2#post-25824

ADDED :

Strange, - according to this RAW video file I can see that GT680W has 15Mbps.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzimaSPeVAGpd0dJRjRJamlLNjQ&export=download

Don't knwo who to believe: Taobao, or other sources ?
Best is to wait until I receive my gt680w, then I can be sure 100%.

Back