Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Pittasoft announced a new dash cam this week. It is called the Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD. Like the new Itronics ITB-250HD, this model comes with WIFI. Since the site is all in Korean, I'm not sure if there are any other improvements. I will look into this further. I have not seen it for sale anywhere yet.

dashcamtalk.com_cams_dr500gw_hd_Blackvue_20DR500GW_HD.jpg

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Blackvue DR500GW-HD

Apparently the release date for this camera is January 2013. One good thing about it is the color black. Less visible from the outside of the car.

Dash Cam Man

I would be very Leary of the BV quality. At first it seems to be well built but the sensors go bad from overheating on previous models. :evil:

Have you seen those airing holes bottom and top ?
They will lower board temp.

They're lacking on previous models, board getting too hot in parking mode.

Mortimer said:

Hi Mortimer,

You are right. Perhaps Pittasoft is finally addressing this issue. The Blackvue cameras sell very well so once this is released, I am sure many people will purchase and we will find out if this camera has solved the overheating issue.

Dash Cam Man

What good is venting holes when parked with windows up in the sun. Instead of fixing the part problem they focused on the symptom. :shock:

I am not impressed.

Season 1 - FAIL!

Season 2 - FAIL! They had a second chance to get it right but disappointed.

DR500GW-HD color black (check), air grill vents top/bottom (check) so far so good.

Let's see how it performs when it's released. I will for sure be purchasing the Squaretrade warranty for insurance.

There are a lot of videos coming on Youtube during the last week of the Blackvue DR500GW-HD. I imagine these are from test cameras in Korea.

Here are some:

A lot more videos can be found on Youtube.

Overall, the video quality is very good. Now 2 questions remain. What is the price and is this camera reliable.

Dash Cam Man

Here is a video of the camera mounted.

Video of the software.

Mortimer said:

Two rows of holes on top, and also on bottom.

lh3.googleusercontent.com__rCiFqG8hX9I_UMJfXHessTI_AAAAAAAACfY_I0BQdV29lIE_s0_holes.jpg

what I dislike is the cover of the lens, too bright.

Great video xosevp! So many cooling holes. I wonder if they included anything internally like a heatsink for cooling as well? The lens is bright like you say but a little black paint or black tape could fix that.

This model appears to be larger than DR-400G-HD. I wonder what the dimensions are? Also I noticed on the Korean page it mentions software for Mac. I know many people are looking for dash cams with Mac software. Perhaps this one will have a Mac application

Dash Cam Man

It appears that Pittasoft was doing pre-sales of the DR500GW-HD from Dec 10 to Dec 17 with a select number of online retailers in Korea like Gmarket. They indicate these preorders will be shipped out tomorrow on Dec 17. The presale price is $280USD (299,000 won). For the presale they included the Power Magic Pro and a Smart Phone Holder. I imagine these will be more readily available soon. Perhaps on eBay as well.

Dash Cam Man

i saw it on the Gmarket site too but it was all in Korean couldn't order it plus it said no worldwide shipping. i like my Itronics a lot but want to try it because it can be removed off mount easily.

I'm sure it will be available very soon. BlackVue has published some English material, including this brochure, so I imagine we will see it on eBay and other dealers shortly (assuming they actually shipped the Korean pre-sales today as planned).

dashcamtalk.com_cams_dr500gw_hd_BlackVue_20DR500GW_HD_20Wi_Fi_20Brochure.jpg

Just found a site selling this camera. Seems to be a Korean Online Store that I never heard of and I'm not sure I would trust. They are selling it for $259 with EMS shipping. I wonder if we will be seeing this on eBay soon.

Yeah sounds fishy... in the About Us page they claim they have been selling on eBay for 10 years. Domain was registered last month and it's only registered for one year, only positive thing is you checkout with PayPal so you have 45 days to dispute. EMS shipping is like 3+ days for you to receive...

I guess I'll wait for eBay so I can purchase Square Trade warranty like I have on my Itronics.

Hi dv8ed,

I agree. Waiting for it to show up on eBay is the best bet.

Here is a video of the BlackVue DR500GW-HD compared with the FineVu Pro and FineVu CR-500HD. It looks like the FineVu cameras perform better in this lighting (just before night).

The DR500GW-HD appears to be selling for approximately $250 from Korean vendors.

I still think the FineVu performs much better in picture quality.

Back