Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
The Techmoan M10 review...

Haven't watched it yet myself, but thought you'd like to be made aware of it

Watched the video.
In conclusion, if you want to buy SJ4000, then don't. Buy M10 instead.
Same hardware, capabilities, but with lesser price and more useful buttons.

Unless... you want Wi-Fi, then you should go with Sj5000+ or SJ5000 WiFi.

Watched the video.
In conclusion, if you want to buy SJ4000, then don't. Buy M10 instead.
Same hardware, capabilities, but with lesser price and more useful buttons.

It's all come down to price imo. If the SJCAM SJ4000 drops in price (like the Tronsport model @ $49.99), then I would still buy the SJ4000 over the M10 since they are the same camera. I didn't compare yet, but I think the SJ4000 comes with more mounting accessories than the M10. I like the M10's menu button, but it's not a deal breaker.

Ooh he beat me by a few days on the review. The weather here has been grey for weeks so I haven't posted my review, waiting for more bright light examples. Overall, I agree with him, especially for dashcam use. One thing he didn't touch on is the much improved button quality. As many SJ4000 owners know, the power/mode button was spongy and not always responsive, it sometimes needed to be pushed hard to respond. This lead to turning the camera off trying to cycle through the modes to get to the settings menu. The M10 not only fixed having to cycle to get to the settings menu, it also gave you a nice responsive, clicky power button.

I will post my review in a few days when the sun returns, point out more ways the M10 is better as dashcam than the SJ4000 and give a bunch of raw video clips to compare.

I believe I have seen from one of those big Chinese online shops that there is a WiFi model of M10 available. Am I right?

I didn't compare yet, but I think the SJ4000 comes with more mounting accessories than the M10.
Same mounts, different size waterproof case

It's all come down to price imo. If the SJCAM SJ4000 drops in price (like the Tronsport model @ $49.99), then I would still buy the SJ4000 over the M10 since they are the same camera. I didn't compare yet, but I think the SJ4000 comes with more mounting accessories than the M10. I like the M10's menu button, but it's not a deal breaker.
So if the mounting accessories are the same in numbers and type, we should go with M10 then right?

I believe I have seen from one of those big Chinese online shops that there is a WiFi model of M10 available. Am I right?
Even Techmoan stated that there will be M10 with WiFi in near future. But for now, releasing the M10 WiFi will be in direct competition with SJ4000 WiFi, which is (I think) have more stock than the Non-WiFi version.

I think so too when comparing the full package between those two.

It's all come down to price imo. If the SJCAM SJ4000 drops in price (like the Tronsport model @ $49.99), then I would still buy the SJ4000 over the M10 since they are the same camera.

Since the SJ4000 looks like a $400 GoPro & is, therefore, a scumbag magnet I wouldn't have one on my car windscreen even if they were giving them away for free.

I would have no such reservations about the M10.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the cube form factor. I prefer the GoPro style body, but no, I'm not using any of these as dashcams.

With all the accessories included M10 seems like very good value compared to Mobius, it's a shame there is no capacitor available.

Banggood have the WiFi version listed as being restocked on 14 Dec. It is available now on SJCAM website.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the cube form factor. I prefer the GoPro style body, but no, I'm not using any of these as dashcams.

I don't mind the M10 form factor.

I'm not a fan of the SJ4000/GoPro form factor at all, it seems very un-aerodynamic, especially mounted on a motorcycle helmet.

My preferred form factor is the SJ3000 style.

Since the SJ4000 looks like a $400 GoPro & is, therefore, a scumbag magnet I wouldn't have one on my car windscreen even if they were giving them away for free.
Don't mince your words mate :D I know what you mean though!

I was thinking about this earlier - to this day I've still never actually seen anyone with a GoPro anywhere - not even on holiday! I think I'm just hanging out in the wrong places!!

With all the accessories included M10 seems like very good value compared to Mobius, it's a shame there is no capacitor available.

Banggood have the WiFi version listed as being restocked on 14 Dec. It is available now on SJCAM website.

I don't mind the M10 form factor.

I'm not a fan of the SJ4000/GoPro form factor at all, it seems very un-aerodynamic, especially mounted on a motorcycle helmet.

My preferred form factor is the SJ3000 style.

Cylinder shaped but camera itself is water resistant with longer battery life may be suitable for you,I am trying to recommend you a Gopro direct factory's
model SKYPIX SV5BW with WIFI stream,WIFI download,WIFI set up( no need to download any APK or APP),which may be easier to use with smooth WIFI flow
and clear video quality.But price is a little bit expensive.

M10 inside menu is same as SJ4000 actually,the appearance looks more mini in length but more thickness.
SJCAM M10,we have touched,the buttons are not so flexible to press down,button may get stuck inside.
The mould need to improve a little bit still will be better.

Last edited:
JooVuu.allen:

Were you typing your comments on a mobile phone? I find it quite difficult to understand your comments.

Sorry,I am in Shenzhe
JooVuu.allen:

Were you typing your comments on a mobile phone? I find it quite difficult to understand your comments.

Sorry,I am Chinese,not English speaker,vocabulary is limited,which sentence is quite difficult to understand for you?

Oh I see. Why do you have United Kingdom listed as your country? You should change to China.

You were mentioning about Skypix SV5BW, but there are not many reviews on it, so I am not sure how good or bad is this Skypix.

You said "the buttons are not so flexible to press down, button may get stuck inside". Are you referring to the buttons on M10 as bad? Techmoan seems to think the buttons on M10 are better than those on SJ4000.

Oh I see. Why do you have United Kingdom listed as your country? You should change to China.

You were mentioning about Skypix SV5BW, but there are not many reviews on it, so I am not sure how good or bad is this Skypix.

You said "the buttons are not so flexible to press down, button may get stuck inside". Are you referring to the buttons on M10 as bad? Techmoan seems to think the buttons on M10 are better than those on SJ4000.
Thanks @efoo ,I have updated my country in signature to be " China",well,the button in M10 waterproof case is better,but the button in M10 itself's side buttons is not so responsive.The camera SV5BW reviews,you may refer to below link,which is a similar model as I mentioned:
http://camyx.com/news/2013/10/ion-air-pro-3-action-camera/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure which M10 you're using, mine has a very clicky and responsive button

Not sure which M10 you're using, mine has a very clicky and responsive button
I see,the M10 I purchased from SJCAM was dated Nov28th,maybe my case happens randomly at low pecentage,but it just happened.
And I am happy everybody feels fine with it.

Back