VicoTF2+ High Bitrate edition...

Falsificator

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Ambarella, Novatek
Hello!

I am the owner of VicoTF2 + and I have a request for you.
Is it possible to rely on releases firmware
versions 6.3 and 6.6 with constant bitrate 18-20Mbit?
In the current versions of the bitrate is too low.
I personally buy ten dvr's and will make your friends do it,
if there is an excellent software. You are worth nothing,
10 minutes for a cup of coffee for your programmer ...)))

Sincerely, owner VicoTF2 + (Kaliningrad, Russia)

Welcome. It is high time ofitsialam Vico enable our children to help bring the software to the proper level, I think any company will not receive damage, but only earn even more respect from members of the DVR.

The TF2 Plus was my first high end camera. I have contacted Vico a few times asking them to increase the bit rate and bring the schedule options back with no luck

They would need to talk to the manufacturer, not sure what sort of interest they would have in doing it now that they've moved on to other models

Когда у нас будет больше, и больше шансов.
Interest will have more to a product Vico

They would need to talk to the manufacturer, not sure what sort of interest they would have in doing it now that they've moved on to other models
It's running the A5 chip. Could it be cranked up with the A5/A7 editor like used on the Mini type cameras?

What to do experimentation is necessary vostanovitelny software without which you can kill the DDA, that would have given the elves.

According to this request, we will be able to judge how their company Vico important buyers ...

Reactions: gse
I think their focus is on the new models, not sure what sort of arrangement they have to be able to get firmware mods done on an old model, it may not be covered under their agreement, if it costs them money to have it done they may not see any value in doing that

Right now I think they have a lot of work to do on the Marcus series cameras which would be getting all the attention at the moment

Manufacturers do not need anything other than the tether recovery.
This software is irrelevant and abandoned, but there are enthusiasts who can give happiness to the users of the models.

I think their focus is on the new models, not sure what sort of arrangement they have to be able to get firmware mods done on an old model, it may not be covered under their agreement, if it costs them money to have it done they may not see any value in doing that

Right now I think they have a lot of work to do on the Marcus series cameras which would be getting all the attention at the moment
I agree with you, but the work of Vico programmer for five minutes with a smoke break ...

Reactions: gse
I agree with you, but the work of Vico programmer for five minutes with a smoke break ...

you're thinking like a hacker ;)

yes you may only need to change a string value to change the bitrate and sometimes that can work, it can affect recycling, emergency lock files etc so from a developers perspective they need to check all this and make sure it's going to be stable, if for example the write strategy is unable to support a larger file size reliably it may require an updated SDK version (these change often) to what the firmware was originally compiled with, if they have to start over it's not a 5 minute job, keep in mind Vico can't do this, the manufacturer needs to do it and unless it's a bugfix it's rarely done for free, they'd need to pay to get it done, what's their incentive on an old model to do that?

Does not work with currently released AFT versions, it needs a slight modification.
Seems like A5 (or VicoTF2p) has another pattern for finding the bitrates.
Just tried with the newly discovered pattern:
aft5m1oqnyj8v.png

Pattern for finding Bitrates for VicoTF2p
Code:
    public static final byte[] A5_BITRATE_PATTERN = { 0x13, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
            0x12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x12, 0x00, 0x00,
            0x00, 0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x00,
            0x00, 0x00, 0x09, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0e, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0a,
            0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x11, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
            0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x14, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x13, 0x00, 0x00,
            0x00, 0x12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x11, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x13, 0x00,
            0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }; //VicoTF2+ Pattern (probably A5 specific)

I also discovered that I maybe made a mistake in interpreting the A7 bitrates. I always thought that the bitrate type (1 or 3) is the 4th value from the row but maybe it's the value before the bitrate value:
problem9t267hpec3.png

+1
In my last private conversation with Vico, I was told that at the moment they are working ON and FOR new and newer upcoming 2015 models ONLY. As per new firmware for TF2+ it may or may not be released...

Public conversation.
Currently after-service has no update from RD department about TF2+ FW. However, if we are going to release it, it will be post on Facebook and official website.
So far if you prefer brighter image, you can downgrade to v5.1i. You can download form here:
http://www.vicovation.com/uploads/Vico_1025434.rar

Zuntax
This v5.1i for Vico vation TF2 Premium, and we're talking about Vico vation TF2 + premium or this version of the software is designed for both models?

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing the values in the table bitrate result does not...(((
Oh thats strange. Do you have any firmware with higher bitrate as reference for me?

Zuntax
Это v5.1i для Вико вации TF2 Premium, и мы говорим о Вико вации TF2 + премия или эта версия программного обеспечения предназначена для обеих моделей?

According to information from Vicovation, this firmware version v5.1i, is only for TF2 +. I cannot test it on TF2 Premium because don't have one.

По информации от производителя эта версия только для TF2+, как в реальности не знаю, у меня нет TF2 Premium.
В будущем пожалуйста пишите по английски так, как большенство читателей и участковой этого форума англоязычные.
Заранее спасибо!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Back