Requests for GUI/Firmware updates

Baker

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I've purchased 3 C2 cameras now (one for my car, my wifes car, and my parents car) in Australia, and I'm loving them; they're great quality, and are quite impressive. I've got a couple of suggestions/requests that would make them, in my eyes, perfect.

1. I need a way to make the camera be able to "lock" a file. I've tried the "flick" method - all it does is knock my camera out of alignment, and isn't accurate enough, and I've got no way of checking if it has worked or not. Ideally, I'd like to be able to press one of the buttons on the camera, and have that lock the current recording file. Even better, I'd like to be able to tell it to lock for the next ~10 minutes. This could be an option that could be turned on/off through the GUI setting software?
  2. I'd like the "Parking Mode" to be able to be set automatically on power off. I don't know about you, but I'm a very busy (and lazy!) person, and when I get out of the car, I don't have time to remember how to set this button, this switch, this mode etc, then reset back to dashcam mode when I get back in. I'd just like the camera to run while I'm driving, then when I'm parked, sit in some low power mode and automatically record for some amount of time if it feels a g-sensor shock, without me having to press any buttons. Again, this could be an option that could be turned on/off through the GUI software.
To me, this would make this the perfect dash camera. Rock, is there any chance of this happening? Happy to be your tester.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Nice to see you like C3, about your wish, it already has indeed.

1. You can active G-Sensor on GUI, so it can lock file once get hit.
2. You also need to active G-sensor, so it will have Parking mode.

You can watch the video for instruction from website to see how to make such setting.

Have fun and enjoy,

Rock

Just to add...
if you activate g-sensor..make sure you mount your C3 correctly. Flat with buttons.. so you don't get up side down video.. it is a bit hard to follow.

edit...it could button up or down as long as it is flat..

Last edited:
Hi Rock, I don't think you've quite understood what I've said. Firstly, I've actually got C2 cameras (3 of them), not C3's :).

I do have the G sensor enabled. I just want a way to manually lock a file - for example, there is an intersection near my house where there are constantly accidents occurring. I am not having the accidents, but I want to lock the file so I can send the video to the newspapers and local politicians in order to demand action to get the intersection upgraded. I want to be able to press one of the buttons to make this happen.

With the parking mode, the video tells me I've got to slide the switch into a different mode, then press the mode button until it's flashing, etc. - this is what I don't want to do. My cameras are permanently wired dash cameras, hidden behind rear view mirrors, in vehicles that are normally driven by my wife and parents, who have no idea about dash cameras or anything like that - they just want to know that if something happens, they can ask me to pull footage. There is no way I can ask them to move switches/check lights etc, it just won't happen. I would like to be able to set this into an automatic mode.

A case of focused on the newest product :D same problems lawmakers in every country have :p

I think its hard to fit more into the small package that is the Innovv C1-2-3 cameras, and i have no idea if its posibel to make the photo button act as a file lock button when in movie mode.

Personally i dont use the event button on my lukas as it only save 10 seconds before event and 20 seconds after, i would prefer if it just locked the whole current 3 minute file.
My way make it a little problematic to find a event, especially as my memory is bad, and if it have been a couple of days since i made a mental note of a event.

Rock, any update on this?

@Baker, you are right, I supposed you are talking on C3. :)

Regarding C2,
1. As you can see, it has very mini size, so there is no room to add one button to lock file, that can be support by G-sensor, once the car get hit, C2 will lock the file which can not be replaced.

2. The original design was once car parked, the camera will auto switch to parking model, but people said that will be not good, they do not need, so we do change it to be now, to press button to switch to.

Thanks for the reply Rock,

1. I'm not talking about adding another button, I'm talking about re-purposing another button, for example adding a function in the firmware that if you press the shutter button while in dash cam mode that it locks the file?

2. I don't know why people do not want this, everyone who I talk to around here in Australia asks if it does it (they are disappointed to find out it does not) - perhaps it is something that you could have as a user select option in the configuration?

Thanks for the reply Rock,

1. I'm not talking about adding another button, I'm talking about re-purposing another button, for example adding a function in the firmware that if you press the shutter button while in dash cam mode that it locks the file?

2. I don't know why people do not want this, everyone who I talk to around here in Australia asks if it does it (they are disappointed to find out it does not) - perhaps it is something that you could have as a user select option in the configuration?

Idea: Add this function to the power button. Since it takes a 3-second press to turn it off, make it so a short press locks the current segment, (Copy to a new file with name SAV0001 for example.

Idea: Add this function to the power button. Since it takes a 3-second press to turn it off, make it so a short press locks the current segment, (Copy to a new file with name SAV0001 for example.

Will review with FW guys on that.

Personally, I would not recommend power button...the mode button is more appropriate as the firmware is not expecting any input during recording...can the NT chip be able to handle the load..

Personally, I would not recommend power button...the mode button is more appropriate as the firmware is not expecting any input during recording...can the NT chip be able to handle the load..
That's how the Mobius does it :) (Mode button). The Mobius will also lock up to two files, depending on how long the recording has been going and how much longer the clip will last. If a new clip has just been started when you press the (Mode) button the important event most likely occurred in the previous clip so locking the current clip won't tell the full story. The same applies when the clip is almost finished. In this case the firmware needs to lock the current clip and the following clip. If the clip has been recording for, say, a minute, then only the current clip should be locked. Maybe the Innovv cameras already do it this way? If so, then ignore my comments on how the files should be correctly locked.
I also agree with jokiin that renaming the locked files is bad practice. That's what the read-only attribute was designed for. Why complicate things unnecessarily?

Having 2 files locked is good idea..
The alogrithm to determine how many files should be locked is a bit more complicated if the video options are not cut down to 1, 3, 5 min and card size must be 32g..no point to lock file with card size less than 16gb

Having 2 files locked is good idea..
The alogrithm to determine how many files should be locked is a bit more complicated if the video options are not cut down to 1, 3, 5 min and card size must be 32g..no point to lock file with card size less than 16gb

locking a file can be important regardless of the card size

About this point, we have been reviewing together,
C3 has G-sensor, if we do need lock files, we only need to shake the camera, camera will feel and lock the on recording files.
That would be easy.

About this point, we have been reviewing together,
C3 has G-sensor, if we do need lock files, we only need to shake the camera, camera will feel and lock the on recording files.
That would be easy.
I'm not a dashcam user, but common sense tells me that pressing a button is a much more reliable method to lock files than shaking the camera. For the shake method you would be forced to enable the g-sensor. If the g-sensor is turned on you'd most likely have numerous additional files locked by false triggering of the g-sensor when you drive over a bump, for example. I don't know how many people use the g-sensor, but I don't think I'd be one of them.
If the button is used to lock files then DIY users could even rewire the button to an external button for triggering locked files.

Think I'd rather have some "false positives" than worry about buttons. Esp on a C3 where the idea is to hide the DVR box bit away somewhere. And even more-so on 2 wheels.

Looking for that button is akin (imo) to texting while driving. A remote PANIC sized button - OK that'd be something else.

Think I'd rather have some "false positives" than worry about buttons. Esp on a C3 where the idea is to hide the DVR box bit away somewhere. And even more-so on 2 wheels.

Looking for that button is akin (imo) to texting while driving. A remote PANIC sized button - OK that'd be something else.
If the DVR box is hidden away anyway, you would still need to fumble to find it and then shake it. And if it's pretty well wedged in place it will be even more difficult to shake it. - Just my thoughts as a non 2-wheel driver...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
niko C1 / C2 47
Back