mini0805 firmware -11.26.2014

~Sorry Mike, now I see your edit ;).
Where did you buy the cam? I think I have the same problem :( (bought it at minidaschcam.com)

~Sorry Mike, now I see your edit ;).
Where did you buy the cam? I think I have the same problem :( (bought it at minidaschcam.com)

Yes, we bought it at the same shop.

I also opened a thread specifically on this topic: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-repair-recover-cam-after-firmware-update-fail.9267/

For me shorting pin 4/5 of a microUSB cable in combination with DirectUSB and flashing with an 0803 .elf file did bring the cam back to life. Today I had a call with the vendor to follow up on this topic. (You can read also in the other thread)
Tonight I will try to install the 0805 firmware that can be downloaded from minidashcam.com and see if it works. Keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahha, now it's become another story.....
On the top of your dashcam, is there writting 1296P Super HD (by my it is), or do you have 1080P Full HD at the top (which should mean 0803)?

The 0805 firmware from the website, I've also downloaded and worked without problems.
The firmware from the website downloaded and installed without problems, I've also choosed the 0805 version (which worked :S).
I choose to download another firmware, because the update (from the website we bought it) wasn't very good (no km/ph) so I've tried another one and screwed my Mini :(.

Did you already contact the store?
I'm wondering what they react on this. Specific on this website, they warn us for copies of the Mini dashcams.
If you also have a wrong version, but with 1296P on the top it seems to be they are also sending themself fake versions I guess....

I'm wondering what your experience will be with the 0805 firmware from Minidashcam.

With the firmware from the store do you have the 21:9 option in the menu, if not can you list what resolutions are available?

Can't tell you at the moment, it's still bricked.

Maybe I'll try to fix a new cable within an hour or otherwise tomorrow ;).
Then I will try to install the stock firmware again from the vendor, and let you know :)

After reading the story from Mike, I got the same feeling ;).
The funny part is that he has a waring on his page for fake models..... hopefully his versions are good, but we will see.

Till now I didn't contact the vendor, so I will not say to much about it (need my own experience) but I will first try to fix my Mini :)

Firmware that you can download at the vendor minidashcam.com is version 20140826. There is no 21:9 option available.
When looking further to the 0803 vs 0805 properties, you will see that you probably received a 0803 dashcam:

0803 properties:
- A7LA50D chipset
- Cam marking: 1296p Super HD
- Optina AR0330 sensor
- Silver mount contacts
- Resolutions: 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9, 1280x720 30P 16:9
- No photo size/photo qual settings available
- Layout recording screen 1080p in lower right corner

0805 properties:
- Umbrella A7LA50 chipset
- Cam marking: 1296p Super HD
- OmniVision OV4689 sensor
- Golden mount contacts
- Resolutions: 2560x1080 30P 21:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9, HDR 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 1920x1080 45P 16:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9
- Does have Photo size / Photo qual settings available: S.Fine / Fine / Normal
- Layout recording screen 1080p in upper right corner, just below microphone

It sounds very much like they're 0803's being sold as 0805's, their spiel about 0806 being a fake model of the 0803 doesn't inspire a lot of confidence

Hey guys,

I had the same problem as you.
(Also bought the dashcam from minidashcom.com - version: with GPS without internal memory).
After updating (to 20141204), my dashcam also bricked.
Up to now I've tried to reload the firmware via DirectUSB.
I've tried different firmwares. The first one succeeded according to DirectUSB, but still I couldn't get the dashcam to switch on (after unplugging and restarting the dashcam, the blue light came on, but that's it, nothing more).

Now when I try to flash I get different errors (for different firmwares).
Either "Too many blocks" or "Get PTB failed".

Any ideas on how I can proceed or which firmware works?

Btw Mike, as it's my believe that I also have a mini 0803 I tried the firmware version "20140611 GPS + 2CARDS ELF Linux Executable, A7LAXX", but that didn't work either.

Hi Cretian,

I have contacted the supplier and they proposed to me to send back the camera I had and receive another one from the "new" 0805 serie. I just received the replacement, and this one looks to be a genuine 0805, including the correct settings, menu layout and golden mount contacts. Perfect service from their side, although they will not admit (or still don't know for themselves) they're selling the 0803 as 0805.

Wellll guys...... I think we are having to do with a very very good supplier!! :D :D :D

After I came back from a business trip for a longer period, I read your post last days Mike. Because of that I contacted the vendor yesterday (late in the afternoon), to inform him about the situation.
The reaction? Just perfect!
They told me to do the same for me as they did for Mike. I explained about the forum discussion, and they were understanding our way of thinking about it (while normally another vendor in most cases don't understand you, and complain why you started a topic!).

They explained me in the mail about 3 versions of the Mini 0805. Like Mike discribed on the previous page.

The first version of the 0805 was only created by 2 suppliers and only available for around 4 till 6 weeks. The visible difference between this version and the 0803 was the 1296P on top in stead of 1080P. Also the lens and quality were different, but that's hard to see from the outside ;).
The second version of the 0805 was never for sale at Minidashcam, they didn't like the product and didn't want to sell it. It is possible that other retailers sells the second version, but because Minidashcam only want to sell good quality dashcams they never sold it.

The third version of the 0805 is the one most people know. To make it visible that there were some changes the mad the contact points gold in stead of zilver (second version had also gold contacts). This version was specially created for the vendor. This version is exact the same as the second and first version, but it is much more stable and without bugs.

To make it understandable that we were able to install 0803 software, that's because the first version is able to install that software. So we probably received a first version 0805 in stead of a 0803. For me it sounds like a possible and true story, so in my eyes all (any) strange thoughts about the seller were directlly gone after the mail :).

But there was something else what wonderded me a lot, and that's something very nice for Cretian!
I will send you a PM with more details, but the vendor asked me to contact you for your problem.
He told me that you also can contact them to change your Mini for the last (third) version!!!!

I will thank the vendor ( www.minidashcam.com ) a lot for the service and understanding for the problem!!
I'm still thinking about a back cam, but if I will buy one I know which and where it will be :) !

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the reactions guys.
I was away in the month of February and have been very busy at work in March.
But I also contacted the supplier (as Mike told me), and they did react.
Sent them the "old" mini 0805 (version 1) back and they, in return exchanged it for the correct "new" mini 0805 (version 3).
So as Dennis already said. No complaints about the vendor!

Btw Dennis, keep me up to date with the back facing camera. Would be interested in that as well (in the future)!

Greetz!

Very nice to hear that :).

I will keep you up to date about it, but I think it can take a while before I buy one.
If I buy one it will be probably the 0806. Then I will put the 0805 on my back window and the new 0806 for the front.

That's just a bit thinking, nothing is for sure yet ;).

First next nice new gadget on the list will be a new photo camera ;)

Just received my wife on the phone and she told me that the new dashcam is deliverd.

Again the vendor was wondering me (in the good way!)
He told me that I can keep my current cables in the car, and he only needs the dashcam back.
Because of that I thought that I only will receive a dashcam (without cables), but they send me a whole new box (inc. cables :) ).

When I'm back home I will test it directly :)

So again many thanks to the vendor for this perfect service!!!

Looking for .elf file for 0805 2Cards with GPS

My 0805 definately has
Golden mount contacts
- Resolutions: 2560x1080 30P 21:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9, HDR 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 1920x1080 45P 16:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9
-Did have Photo size / Photo qual settings available: S.Fine / Fine / Normal

before I edited firmware.

I did a backup of original firmware but I really bricked it and my .bin file will not load or any other .bin file

I have managed to get it to load using the .elf for 1 Card but turns of after 35- 40 seconds

I did have time to get to the menu and turn of auto off setting but still turns of

Any chance of making available again as it seems its been removed for bricking ?
  • 20141204_0805_firmware_GPS.zip (Removed due to bricking some cameras)
Is this the version that Mtz was refering?

In this firmware we have a menu
Choose Card
And my 0805 have only one card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Many thanks to all

Is there a newer release of mini0805 firmware ?

What's latest official release ?

-thanks-

Hi, all

I tried to use an external micro card with the following firmware and found it recovered my access to the camera from PC.
This firmware support 2 cards: internal card and external card. It also corrected the GPS coordinate error. But time setting is still strange. I have to set -7 to get the right time for Vancouver that supposed to be +8.
20141125_0805_firmware_GPS.zip (from MEGtech)

from the experience, it is really dangerous to update firmware. it might get suck.

good luck.

Back