Mio Mivue 538 Deluxe hacking

Theredone51

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello guys,

New to the forum and also new to my Mio Mivue 538 Deluxe. Downloaded all updates, new speed camera file and set everything up.

So far so good, but then while taking it for a test drive I noticed that it only has an English voice for the speech notification of speed camera's. Has anybody managed to get "inside" a Mivue 538 Deluxed (or a different model) to mess with the data on it? Something like a service setting or such?

I'd love to swap out the existing voice files (probably .WAV) with ones in a different language! I figure these files are hardcoded into the unit itself and aren't updated by the .BIN firmware file. Also, creating my own version of the speed camera update file (including the countries that normally aren't in there) would be awesome.

Looking forward to any information you guys might have!

Yes, I just bought a 588 from Taiwan. I am just wonder if somebody can access the internal ROM to edit the file structure. I am pretty sure it can be done as Mio Taiwan accidentally published an unpack update a while ago in which you can see the all the system files in there.

Yes, I just bought a 588 from Taiwan. I am just wonder if somebody can access the internal ROM to edit the file structure. I am pretty sure it can be done as Mio Taiwan accidentally published an unpack update a while ago in which you can see the all the system files in there.
So, did you make any changes in the end?

I started a thread about this yesterday and only noticed your post now.

Sorry for bump, but i have standard 538 and tried to use your method from the thread, Orange. And it wont flash by straight your points. I compared original 538 and 588 bin files and here is a little different. I deleted 32 bytes, changed what i wanted, run sdbin.exe and edit generated bin in hex editor again - when I restored first 16 bytes from oryginal file (so 0-15 from original file, and 16-31 new generated hash) - it works! :) And i dont have logo now :)

Back