MiVue 568 firmware screw-up

I don't think they exist. Mio MiVue dashcams are branded for Europe and Asia only as far as I know.

The only thing that Mio sells in the US are GPS devices.

Thanks the kind person for an explanation on insertion completions.
Had not care to stitch MiVue 538 Russia an insertion from MiVue 538 Deluxe Europe.
Has added according to your advice in Hex Editor and could return on MiVue 538 Russia … thanks

Thanks the kind person for an explanation on insertion completions.
Had not care to stitch MiVue 538 Russia an insertion from MiVue 538 Deluxe Europe.
Has added according to your advice in Hex Editor and could return on MiVue 538 Russia … thanks

Glad that I was able to help you with your problem with replacing the Deluxe Europe firmware with the Russian firmware in your MiVue 538!

International co-operation and help is wonderful!

Вы очень приветствуются!

Thanks to Google Translate, I was better able to understand your situation on the Russian web site. Glad that I was able to help you avoid having to send in the unit for repairs!

Just for the record, in MiVue 588 firmware there's no model-specific information in the header, yet it flashes just fine. The leading 16 bytes are as follows:

MiVue 588 Firmware Header.jpg

So perhaps, for anyone repeating the above procedure on other models, you can just remove this information altogether, skipping the need to figure out the SKU number and replace it.

Back