0806 camera its it worth buying or avoiding

Klippie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius Lens C, Lens C2, Lens D & Drift Ghost S
Guy's,

What's the general consensus regarding the 0806 camera its it good or not, I ask as I've been reading conflicting reviews of the camera and I'am in two minds whether to invest in two of them to upgrade from my 0803 and 0801 which are still working perfectly.

I was under the impression by the posts and testing by some members on here there were lessons learned from the 0803 and 0801 cameras and any issues with the new 0806 were ironed out before release.

Also does anyone know if there are improvements on the way to fix the known issues.

Buy from local retailers at this time to make return easier and cheaper if there is any issue.

0806 v 0801 at 1:1 (0806 has wider angle lens and higher resolution):
Taxi.jpg

0806 v 0803 (0806 has higher resolution):

0806-0803x2.png

I was under the impression by the posts and testing by some members on here there were lessons learned from the 0803 and 0801 cameras and any issues with the new 0806 were ironed out before release.
Lots of issues were sorted out before release, a few production issues have surfaced since but should be sorted by now. It is still worth getting it from somewhere easy to return to if you are unlucky and get a problem one.

The manual so you can see what is different: http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/mini0806 manual V2.pdf

And visit www.mini0806.com for some images and videos...

Thanks for the replies...:)

I have the 806 and I like it a lot. I bought the non GPS version.

I was cursing the hell out of mine thinking it was a load of rubbish due to not recording and locking up when GPS was enabled etc. but it turns out my problem was fake SD cards. Double checking today with a legit one but as far as I can tell my 0806 has been spot on.

One thing I will say - My GPS mount seems to have a bit of a loose USB connection as I have to wedge the wire in a certain position to get it to power. Not a massive problem though I just used the included cable attachments.

The question is,

If not an 0806 (due to wires/soldering/focus/locking up), then what's the alternative? Similarly small, good quality image, relatively inexpensive?

Pottsy...that's very true what else to buy.

To keep the same form factor I suppose the only option is a 0805 but I'd like to think the 0806 is a step above in terms of design and performance.

Airgreek,

I'd be looking to buy the non-GPS version too, how is the image quality.

I'm in the same boat but there's no retailer local to me so I'd have to buy it mail order. That could be a lot of hassle if the camera's faulty.

The question is,

If not an 0806 (due to wires/soldering/focus/locking up), then what's the alternative? Similarly small, good quality image, relatively inexpensive?
Mobius

Back