Buyer Beware Buying From FoxOffer

doctech

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought from FoxOffer after seeing good things about them here that they stand behind what they sell and are quick to make things right. This is so far from the truth. My story is that I bought a dashcam GT550WS from FoxOffer back in November 2014, I got the Dashcam and almost immediately started to have problems, I was finally able to get an RMA from FoxOffer after numerous emails. I sent it back at a cost of $24 on December 13, 2014. I gave it some time and finally emailed them on 1/29/15 and did get a reply 2 days later saying "Hi. received your fault camera and will get back to you soon. Thanks" nothing else. It's now going on 3+ months I emailed them about the status and they sent me an email that they are STILL fixing the Dashcam. I thought that they would just send another one back to me and not fix it. DO NOT buy from them, it seems that they don't notify you unless you email them first and don't tell you they are going to repair your item instead of replacement. and this was within the first 30 days of purchase

Fox offer is a good company, with a good reputation here. PM @billknow here on the forum, hopefully he can send you out another or give you more info. China just had a two week holiday break so I'm sure that had a big part in it.

Eligibility.

3.6 Within 180 days after the payment has been initiated on the PayPal website the buyer initiates a resolution process for the problem, and tries to solve this dispute with the help of tools and resources provided by PayPal. This can be done in the Resolution Center after the user logged in to the PayPal account.

In case it is not possible to achieve a resolution the buyer can file a PayPal buyer protection claim in the Resolution Center within 20 days after initiating the resolution process. This also can be done in the Resolution Center after the user logged in to the PayPal account. Please note that if you agree on delivery times that exceed or are close to 180 days after payment, you may not have a chance to file a Buyer Protection claim.

Which cases are covered?

The Buyer can benefit from PayPal Buyer Protection in these cases:

4.2 The item delivered is significantly not as described by the seller

Subsequently, here are a number of examples for items significantly not as described.

Note: This applies to the condition of the item, in which the buyer has received it irrespective of the condition the item had originally been shipped;

This list is not exhaustive.

The item is unusable but was not mentioned as such in the item description, e.g. important parts or components are missing, the item does not work, or the best before date has expired. ..

- PayPal Buyer Protection Policy ( Last Update: January 29, 2015, https://www.paypal.com/at/webapps/mpp/ua/buyerprotection-full?locale.x=en_AT )

Fox offer is a good company, with a good reputation here. PM @billknow here on the forum, hopefully he can send you out another or give you more info. China just had a two week holiday break so I'm sure that had a big part in it.

I realized that they had a holiday, but they had it over a month and a half before the holiday assuming it took 18 days to receive my package and did nothing. At each email they sent me I was the one to email first trying to find out about the status. I thank you for the info and will contact them, but in my case FoxOffer failed.

I did like you said and tried to contact @billknow through a conversation on 3/9/15 still no reply. Sent another email to FoxOffer still no reply are you seeing a pattern, and you say they are a good company, I don't see it that way. A good company stands behind the products they sell and has good customer relations. There is nothing to these cameras to justify almost 3 months to repair one, if so they need to replace it and not waste my time or money.

This FoxOffer should be one good company,our China Company are working hard to earn good reputation;So,we think you will get a good solution to solve it finally,and we suggest that you can have a contact him @billknow to solve it directly;

This FoxOffer should be one good company,our China Company are working hard to earn good reputation;So,we think you will get a good solution to solve it finally,and we suggest that you can have a contact him @billknow to solve it directly;

I did try to contact him as i stated in the above post with a conversation when i clicked on @billknow, I'm new to this forum so if there is another way please inform me, but as of today 3/19 I have heard nothing.

@doctech, sorry for the delay to send the replacement to you.
Every return camera are recorded in our system, definitely we will ship the repaired camera or replacement after it repaired or we have new in stock.
For the GT550WS, it is out of stock more than 1 month, the manufacture Shadow didn't produce products before Chinese new year.
I have checked with them more than 3 times, this week they told me they will have GT550WS and GT680W in coming week.
So I hope we can ship to you soon.

By the way, we are moving to a new office, we will deal with RMA more efficiency and offer better service in future.

delays like this happen, if you keep the customer updated they're generally a lot more understanding and will work with you, saves bad publicity like buyer beware threads here ;)

I agree, that's why I joined this forum to post my experience with FoxOffer, I felt that it was my last resort. They didn't keep me updated except after me asking for an update on the status and then all they told me was they were working on it and would get back to me soon (which they didn't), I think I was very patience. I gave them one and half months after I shipped to finally email them about my dashcam. I mailed it back to them around December 15, 2014 hopefully now I will see some action.

It's been a week now still no news(emails or on here) . I went to FoxOffer and they are still selling the GT550Ws on their Web Site so I guess the dashcam is in stock, I had checked before these post and it was always for sale on FoxOffer site, so I gave billknow the benefit of the doubt. Still waiting.

Hi, I am in the same boat as Doctech member.
I too purchased two GT550WS in November 2014. These were Christmas presents for my son and I.
Both failed soon after Christmas day. Firmware fix corrected my sons. Sadly, I had to posted my Dashcam, with also a
faulty GPS sensor, back to FoxOffer.
Now Support@foxoffer.com and support2@foxoffer.com are giving me the same great treatment as Doctech.
They don't reply to emails. Only when I write in Chinese (thank you Google Translate) I eventually receive a reply.
The replies are just one line. They state they are always sorry, thank you for your patience. Full stop. Nothing else.
Yes, they have used the Chinese New Year excuse. How long was their Chinese New Year, three months ?
I have asked for a refund or alternative product. No answer. When I wrote in Chinese, they said ten days.
Guess what, ten days later. no updates. I asked and they said sorry, more time. Wow, really! Am I rushing them ?
So, I now think the GT550WS Dashcams, that DocTech Member, my son and I purchased, was from a bad production batch.
FoxOffer are letting down their customers. Its a shame about this, as I purchased a DashCam, previous model GT300W,
in July 2013, which is still really good. Communications with Foxoffer then was great. What has changed !
However, now, like Doctech, I am quickly losing the will to live with FoxOffer.
Customer service, and turn round of the repair, is shockingly bad.
I am still waiting for the next excuse.................

I got a dr32 from fox offer. thing is.. **** happens. its how you sort it .. both of you

btw the dr32 still going strong

and its 2 yrs ol

I am pleased your DR32 is going strong.....
Thanks for your comments on how to sort it.
4.5 months later, still have not got my Dashcam back. Communications is one way.
I have remained polite but they are failing to reply back to any of my emails.
Does anyone know the correct process on trying to get either a response from FoxOffer.
Is there any other contact details besides support@foxoffer.com or support2@foxoffer.com ?
Maybe, I will try support3@foxoffer.com or support4@foxoffer.com or support5@foxoffer.com etc etc
or idontcareihaveyourmoneyhahahaha@foxoffer.com

These off the standard tasks always become relegated to the back burner with all establishments, including mine.

I seemingly had similar gps conundrum with my foxoffer provided unit. Delays tried my patience, I purchased a gps module from an alternate supplier and experienced the same issue. while not referenced In the instructions and counter intuitive to the casing, I tried the simplest option and flipped the module to the opposite side. It worked as expected. The following weekend a replacement gps module arrived from foxoffer that wasn't needed in the first place.

My unit recently enjoyed a one year service anniversary.

I suggest all suppliers generate more detailed instructions.

Hi, I am in the same boat as Doctech member.
I too purchased two GT550WS in November 2014. These were Christmas presents for my son and I.
Both failed soon after Christmas day. Firmware fix corrected my sons. Sadly, I had to posted my Dashcam, with also a
faulty GPS sensor, back to FoxOffer.
Now Support@foxoffer.com and support2@foxoffer.com are giving me the same great treatment as Doctech.
They don't reply to emails. Only when I write in Chinese (thank you Google Translate) I eventually receive a reply.
The replies are just one line. They state they are always sorry, thank you for your patience. Full stop. Nothing else.
Yes, they have used the Chinese New Year excuse. How long was their Chinese New Year, three months ?
I have asked for a refund or alternative product. No answer. When I wrote in Chinese, they said ten days.
Guess what, ten days later. no updates. I asked and they said sorry, more time. Wow, really! Am I rushing them ?
So, I now think the GT550WS Dashcams, that DocTech Member, my son and I purchased, was from a bad production batch.
FoxOffer are letting down their customers. Its a shame about this, as I purchased a DashCam, previous model GT300W,
in July 2013, which is still really good. Communications with Foxoffer then was great. What has changed !
However, now, like Doctech, I am quickly losing the will to live with FoxOffer.
Customer service, and turn round of the repair, is shockingly bad.
I am still waiting for the next excuse.................

Welcome to the club I guess everything is great with Foxoffer as long as you don't have a problem. My latest email from them was 19 days ago it said "Hi we will try to send your camera out in 10 days. Thanks" Nothing yet and I just emailed them. I went the route of contacting @billknow and that was a waste of time it took him 9 days to get back to me and then told me the camera was out of stock, but on their web site they are still selling them. I understand that it takes time but to take 4 months is excessive.

On March 27 I get an email from FoxOffer saying "Hi we will try to send your camera out in 10 days. Thanks". So on April 15 I email them about my status since it was 19 days later, now its April 21 and still no word and they are still selling the camera GT550WS on their site. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!

Back