Street Guardian SG9665GC vs SGZC12SG ( Panorama G ). Evening & Night.

...Could it be because of Pano G have a wide FOV lens and is not as close to windshield as SG9665GC ?

Very likely the cause. With the 9665 there is less of the windshield in the frame and what is there is likely totally out of focus.

Keep in mind the detail is more important than grain
Totally agree. The primary purpose of a dash cam is to capture information, the more information the better and detail is more information. If your purpose is to create cinema quality video then a dash cam is not the proper tool.

Totally agree. The primary purpose of a dash cam is to capture information, the more information the better and detail is more information. If your purpose is to create cinema quality video then a dash cam is not the proper tool.

ah, okay good to know that my camera isn't defective or anything, thought I damaged it while mounting it or something. I bought it because it was highly rated and choose Pier28 and Street Guardian specifically because of fake camera problems with most other manufacturers. I will be going on a 950 mile trip(back and fourth) soon, just needed a reliable camera in case anything happens.

Any pictures around showing these two mounted side by side? I was originally leaning to the GC, but now I'm leaning to the Panorama G, due to the full on parking mode, and higher SD card capacity. The one thing I like about the GC is the small form factor and how it hugs the window/ceiling. I would mount the panorama g behind my RVM obviously, but it would be great if I could see a couple of pictures of various vehicles with both or at least the panorama G mounted to quash my concerns about the visibility.
I'd hardwire it in, so I would use the smallest profile mount and use permanent stickies if necessary.
Thanks in advance!

Any pictures around showing these two mounted side by side? I was originally leaning to the GC, but now I'm leaning to the Panorama G, due to the full on parking mode, and higher SD card capacity. The one thing I like about the GC is the small form factor and how it hugs the window/ceiling. I would mount the panorama g behind my RVM obviously, but it would be great if I could see a couple of pictures of various vehicles with both or at least the panorama G mounted to quash my concerns about the visibility.
I'd hardwire it in, so I would use the smallest profile mount and use permanent stickies if necessary.
Thanks in advance!

SG9665GC:
eAPjAg5.png

SGZC12SG (aka Panorama G)
5AWSPvy.png

Last edited:
Thanks!
Do you have a reverse shot of both?
Huh. The SG9665GC actually seems more visibile than the SGZC12SG (at least from these angles. Which mount is the one being used by the SGZC12SG in the above picture?

Thanks!
Huh. The SG9665GC actually seems more visibile than the SGZC12SG (at least from these angles. Which mount is the one being used by the SGZC12SG in the above picture?

The SGZC12SG USA Deluxe Kit edition comes with the PANOG3M2 mount & 32GB memory card. The SGZC12SGSK (Starter Kit) doesn't come with this 4th mount or memory card but PANOG3M2 is available as an accessory here:
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/a...-swivel-3m-adhesive-mount-for-panorama-g.html

HQMfc2v.png

Thanks!

"Discreteness" of dashcam install depends not only of mount, but also a car make / model RVmirror shape, mounted hight and it'c arm ( mount ) length.

"Discreteness" of dashcam install depends not only of mount, but also a car make / model RVmirror shape, mounted hight and it'c arm ( mount ) length.

As Niko said, the SGZC12SG won't fit behind every make/model car mirror. It really depends on the arm length and windshield angle etc.

I'm just uploading a video but you can see the wiper blade marks big time here - definitely time for a new screen:
View attachment 11307
I figured since I now have the new windscreen I should really add a couple of new screenshots. Reflections are up as I've temporarily taken the dashmat out to give it a clean but you can see there are now zero wiper marks on there. Other than ten thousand dead insects it's lovely and clean glass.

lack of scratches.jpg lack of scratches2.jpg

Now I just need to sort out the glasses on my face and I'll then be seeing in HD :)

As Niko said, the SGZC12SG won't fit behind every make/model car mirror. It really depends on the arm length and windshield angle etc.

That being said , do know how close can the SG be at the window? I imagine the gps module will get in the way.

I've never seen the GPS hood touch the window. There is always a bit of clearance in any vehicle I've helped install one in.

Back