Question for MiVue 538 & 538 Deluxe users

Bulletguy

Reaction score
OK i've now had my cam almost a week. Had a few issues in getting files to load to Mivue Manager in that not all would load, so today decided to try a 16gb card (was previously using a 32gb). Both are the same make and both Class 10.

The 16gb has been successful and loads all files up......so i am now left wondering why the 32gb card won't work because it does state in the 'tech spec' that they take a maximum of 32gb?

What card brand and size are other 538 owners using? I would be interested to know.
Is anyone successfully using a 32gb and if so, what make are you using?

Last edited:
Does your 32Gb card work when inserted into PC ? If yes, then try to format it inside your MiVue.

When first viewing i connect the DVR with the card in to pc via USB and then open up 'Manager'. I've formatted both in the DVR...which didn't work properly, so then tried formatting the card out of the DVR using a reader. Neither has managed to get the card to load the files properly at all.
The only other thing i can think of is it does mention in the manual to use a Class 6 card.....which seems a bit odd as i wouldn't have thought that fast enough?

When first viewing i connect the DVR with the card in to pc via USB and then open up 'Manager'. I've formatted both in the DVR...which didn't work properly, so then tried formatting the card out of the DVR using a reader. Neither has managed to get the card to load the files properly at all.
The only other thing i can think of is it does mention in the manual to use a Class 6 card.....which seems a bit odd as i wouldn't have thought that fast enough?

If its a good quality card, then class 4 can also work on many dashcams, but if manufacturers mentioned class 6, then believe it is done for some reason.

Looks like i will try a Class 6 then. I need some 32gb ones which will work! San-Disk seem popular but apparently it's also one of the most copied (fakes). Another i've been told are pretty good are Samsung.

Looks like i will try a Class 6 then. I need some 32gb ones which will work! San-Disk seem popular but apparently it's also one of the most copied (fakes). Another i've been told are pretty good are Samsung.

Sanddisk it is very good memory card for most other electronics, but with dashcams it has a reputation of being "fussy", no matter if its Class 6 or 10.

This is strange. The 538 Deluxe comes with card supplied....the only one of their range which does. Because i already had cards i didn't bother opening it, but i've just looked at it and.......it's a Class 10 !!!
In the manual it states class 6.....but they give you a class 10 !!
I think i will give Mio a phone call to ask before i order a card.

What card brand and size are other 538 owners using? I would be interested to know. Is anyone successfully using a 32gb and if so, what make are you using?
Mine works well with 32GB ADATA SDHC U1. It's a 588 but I think this part of the hardware is the same across the 5xx range.

Back