Electric Unicycles - newest trend?

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just came across a product category called electric unicycles.

1iHpNRpF.jpg

Never even knew it existed but it seems like a simple version of a Segway scooter. Haven't seen one in person but lots of videos on youtube for a bunch of brands. Not sure if it will catch on but an interesting product.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=electric+unicycle

There must be something in the air. Just yesterday I learned of a vehicle called an UNO (also known as a dicycle) often described as "bearing a resemblance to a motorized unicycle", kind of a one wheeled motorcycle. I guess these have been around for awhile but they hadn't crossed my radar before.

dicycle.jpg

Last edited:
Ryno Motors in Portland Oregon has been building these for several years. A lot of gyro and other sensor controls are built in to make it relatively easy to accelerate, steer and brake. The controls compensate for the riders center of gravity to keep it balanced. For example when you brake, it accelerates for a fraction of a second, just enough to place your weight behind center, so the braking does not toss you forward. http://rynomotors.com/

IMG_8197-39-640x425.jpg

That it had gyros seemed obvious but the trick about throwing one's weight back during braking seems like pretty clever engineering.

They start appearing online about year ago.
Banggood started selling them actively about half year ago.

When Banggood first started selling them, they were calling them electric wheelbarrows amongst other things :confused:

When Banggood first started selling them, they were calling them electric wheelbarrows amongst other things :confused:

a lot of translations don't make much sense, you only have to read the average instruction manual to know that ;)

a lot of translations don't make much sense, you only have to read the average instruction manual to know that ;)
干 Often amusing.

See stuff like this is what make me so happy i dont have kids, if the worst case scenario happen regarding our environment and so on happe, ppl in the future will curse us for spending time and resources on stuff like this.

I like the electric vehicle trend that's going on . I want to pick up an electric skateboard soon. I'm waiting to see how the Marbel turns out compared to the Boosted Boards. With speeds of 20+ mph, 6-10 mile range and the ability to handle hills of 20% grade, it makes a nice short trip transportation.

I like the electric vehicle trend that's going on . I want to pick up an electric skateboard soon. I'm waiting to see how the Marbel turns out compared to the Boosted Boards. With speeds of 20+ mph, 6-10 mile range and the ability to handle hills of 20% grade, it makes a nice short trip transportation.

I'm still waiting for a hoverboard.

There are bad/wrong translation and there are correct but different meaning translation.

There was an ad from European vacuum company in US.
The translated ad said this: "This vacuum really sucks!"

Well, it was correct translation but they quickly removed the ad. :D

I would like.

atermSub26c.jpg

You do know that if you are suspended on a bord ( or simmilar ) that cancel out gravity it will be slicker than snot on a door knob as there will be no friction for steering, and i assume you would just slowly drift off downwind.

Kinda like a boat with no ballast or keel but a huge sail.

COOL! And the technology is so amazing you apparently don't even need to wear any protective gear riding the thing five feet off the ground! Wow!!
The fact that people got upset, thinking it was real is hard to believe

Back