Another best seller compare to SJ5000 Plus, we will see what will gonna happen to New SJ4000.

Hi guys, if the original SJCam factory sj4000 or sj4000 wifi get a 2k or 4k resolution (SJ4000 plus)

• B. Still enjoy the old sj4000 happiness, anyway, we spent a long great time, right?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. I dont care, I have sj5000, sj5000 wifi or sj5000 plus !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Wang

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
SJ5000 Plus, Sj4000 Wifi, SJ4000
Hi guys, if the original SJ Cam factory sj4000 or sj4000 wifi get a 2k or 4k resolution (Maybe named SJ4000 Plus), what will you do?

Make your own choice! ;)

If they only boost 4K and nothing else, nobody will give a crap. 4K is overrated atm anyway.

Why are you posting the same thing on two different thread?

Oh well I will just copy and paste my same post from your other thread:-

Are you here to conduct a customer/marketing survey?

My personal answer is I don't really care about 2K or 4K video, more importantly SJCAM should improve on their existing products:
- SJ4000's video quality still has some way to go to compete with GoPro. Video still lacks clarity. Too much strong blue colour. That fake 720p 60fps mode needs to be corrected
- SJ5000 Plus has too many quality control problem. Those lower resolution fast frame-rate mode, especially 720p 120fps mode looks absolutely atrocious.
- SJ5000 and SJ5000 WIFI seem to have less complaint from owners, but felt inferior when released along side SJ5000 Plus.

@Peter Wang, as I understand you are affiliated to SJCAM factory ( developer, marketing, sales ), right ?

The only way is to go with NT96660 this summer. Novatek is safer for business compared to Ambarella, we saw this for SJ4000 and SJ5000Wi-Fi.
4K next year.
And I expect the new version to be SJ6000.

enjoy,
Mtz

Why are you posting the same thing on two different thread?

Oh well I will just copy and paste my same post from your other thread:-

Are you here to conduct a customer/marketing survey?

My personal answer is I don't really care about 2K or 4K video, more importantly SJCAM should improve on their existing products:
- SJ4000's video quality still has some way to go to compete with GoPro. Video still lacks clarity. Too much strong blue colour. That fake 720p 60fps mode needs to be corrected
- SJ5000 Plus has too many quality control problem. Those lower resolution fast frame-rate mode, especially 720p 120fps mode looks absolutely atrocious.
- SJ5000 and SJ5000 WIFI seem to have less complaint from owners, but felt inferior when released along side SJ5000 Plus.

Hi Efoo, please understand I need some more feeback :)
And thank you for your advise, I just told the factory.
Hope we can make this product better together.
Thank you!

The only way is to go with NT96660 this summer. Novatek is safer for business compared to Ambarella, we saw this for SJ4000 and SJ5000Wi-Fi.
4K next year.
And I expect the new version to be SJ6000.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz, yes, you are really right!!!

What will the price be?

Will the actual video be good or will it just have good specs but bad performance?

Will the product be made of quality components and good firmware that can last for several years?

Each answer to each question above can change the answer you get.

Will you offer a strong warranty and support including firmware updates (as needed)?

If the price goes to high much interest will be lost. If the video is not dramatically better (than any current 1080p offering) in all conditions the tech specs do not matter. If the camera is not very reliable it is not worth buying at any price.

What will the price be?

Will the actual video be good or will it just have good specs but bad performance?

Will the product be made of quality components and good firmware that can last for several years?

Each answer to each question above can change the answer you get.

Will you offer a strong warranty and support including firmware updates (as needed)?

If the price goes to high much interest will be lost. If the video is not dramatically better (than any current 1080p offering) in all conditions the tech specs do not matter. If the camera is not very reliable it is not worth buying at any price.

Hi Hick, yes, your question is good! And please believe in SJCAM, it will be a good product. We will see ;)

@country_hick , after the experience with SJ5000 and new moves into the market I expect this>
- price not too high because Xiaomi produced a big panic into the cameras world. But nobody can produce at Xiaomi prices so I don't expect prices too low. NT96660 have great specs and if cheaper SJCam will stay away from Ambarella also because of complicate support from Ambarella.
- if 720p 120fps and 480p 240fps was poor quality for SJCam and better for GoPro and Xiaomi, because all 3 using the same Ambarella chipset, I expect from SJCam to move to Sony CMOS too. But the Sony 16MP sensor is expensive, so I expect the 12MP sensor if they want to keep the prices OK.
- they learned a lot from SJ5000 product quality and assembling experience after they learned from SJ4000 brand missing experience. So if they made some money from this experiences they can invest more in product quality
- regarding firmware I think is safest for them with Novatek, but also after sales support is important and creating the sjcam.com site which was offering firmware updates was a good idea to make people trust more in SJCam. But they need some workers to answer to people questions.

enjoy,
Mtz

One question I have (for ANY dash cam) is will it work in our freezing weather? -20F (-29c) happens overnight during the colder months. If a dash cam does not work in cold weather (or really hot weather in Australia) that limits who will want it.

I don't recommend any action cam even gopro to be used as permanent dashcam. For short period is OK to use any of them.
I consider that action cam image settings are for natural recordings compared to dashcams which have setup to record cars, car number plates. Here is a comparison in nature:

If you are OK with this image you can use it as dashcam. Regarding temperatures I expect to work as any dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SJ5000 24